• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Bought a McLaren

Not only is time travel cool, but it's been proven to be scientifically possible. :eek:

We already travel through time.
We just do it in one direction, and at basically a constant rate. ...we barely get close enough to light speed to make a dent.

To this point, we haven't been able to change the direction of travel, the rate at which we travel, or our position/displacement in time to this point. I doubt any of us will ever see the day that we can.

We just do it in one direction, and at basically a constant rate. ...we barely get close enough to light speed to make a dent.

To this point, we haven't been able to change the direction of travel, the rate at which we travel, or our position/displacement in time to this point. I doubt any of us will ever see the day that we can.

Astronauts technically time travel in to the future.

Didn't Paul buy some land from his father-in-law? With the McLaren purchase it seems like he is going to blow through his money as fast as he gets it.

None of my business though.

Yes and the land is where he is/was building the Disc Golf Course and training facility LAST I read and saw online somewhere first on here. So that is a semi-investment for his retirement, something I feel he might do when he quits after age 40, he has 9-10 years after that.

Astronauts technically time travel in to the future.
ALL of us travel into the future... all of the time.

Relatively speaking, time slows down a bit for astronauts because they experience time dilation at rocketship velocities. So actually, we travel further or faster into the future than astronauts.

But time keeps moving in the same direction for them as it does for the rest of us, just at a slightly slower rate because they're moving closer to the speed of light

No one has been able to travel the other direction through time.

First off If the info is coming from modern Uiltiworld is this news trustworthy?

I would rate the "trustworthiness" of content in Ultiworld about the same as the content in one of your posts! Except Ultiworld has better grammar and punctuation!:thmbup:

To be fair, I have noticed the coherency of your posts has greatly improved over the past year while the content of Ultiworld has devolved into a gossip column.:D

this thread is funny.

McBeth is a living incarnation of the American dream.
and
the most common snare for we, status-seeking Americans is envy (followed closely by lust, but that's another story).

"Must be nice..."
"What's next? A couple of kids?"
"Sheesh, must be nice..."

Build your own houses, you concerned and 'empathic' bitches...and stop worrying about what McBeth is doing, drooling at the hope for 'i-told-you-so' schadenfreude later...

Paul McBeth posted this on social media. If you don't like people having opinions about a public posting then you can't handle this thread.

If you can't handle this thread your life must be real tough. :)

I'm most impressed that he was able to convince Hannah that a McLaren only costs $30k. Either that or she got a diamond necklace or vacation home out of the deal.

I feel like a kook typing this, but I think that in the next 100 years there will definitely be some type of time traveling, just not in the way films have depicted.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/math/a34146674/paradox-free-time-travel-is-possible/

I feel like a kook typing this, but I think that in the next 100 years there will definitely be some type of time traveling, just not in the way films have depicted.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/math/a34146674/paradox-free-time-travel-is-possible/

Need more detail than that article offers. What I understand it to say is not that they've shown time travel is possible, but they've shown that the "time travel paradox" is not an issue. According to them, the time line will resolve itself so that no paradox exists.

In regards to time travel to the past, "How the Universe Works" is one of my favorite shows and they discuss the possibilities. Most of them are physically impossible due to requirements for infinite energy or passing through a black hole.

Then there is the worm hole concept--on one end it is fixed in time/space, the other is moving forward in time. The worm hole would be "created" and the fixed end would exist at the point in time it was created. You travel back to that point in time. What you can't do is travel back in time further than the point at which the worm hole was created.

Bogey mentioned "time dilation"--which is what I was referring to in regards to astronauts. Of course time dilation happens in any gravitational field. I think everything about general and special relativity is completely fascinating and mind blowing.

Then you get in to quantum mechanics where time is just a variable and theoretically it could go either way.

Then there is string theory or holographic universes and other theoretical physics that I struggle to understand on even the most basic levels.

Lots of great physics discussions on Youtube as well. You can get sucked in to that rabbit hole for hours.

People actually care how someone else spends money? He's not funding hunger games. He just wasted a bunch of money on a useless car. Ive wasted more in my life on beer, video games, soda, and Facebook ads.

People actually care how someone else spends money? He's not funding hunger games. He just wasted a bunch of money on a useless car. Ive wasted more in my life on beer, video games, soda, and Facebook ads.

People actually care that other people care how someone else spends their money?

<next person>: People actually care that people care about other people caring how someone else spends their money?

Latest posts