• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: Santa Cruz Masters Cup Presented by Innova May 28-30

Interesting to see that they have this listed as "live daily" on the DGN schedule. Not sure if thats just a default since its an NT or if there has been a cell tower added to the area recently. I've always been under the impression that the cell signal wasn't very good there which is why its not been live broadcasted in the past.

I also like seeing this...

From the Masters Cup site...

Course Schedule (All Divisions): One round of 24 holes per day @ Dela DGC (Friday - Sunday)

No golf course final round this year?... The only bad thing about that, if you want to nitpick, is a potential final hole showdown for the win on that worthless short basket off top of the world...:gross:

Last edited:
Golf course scheduling conflicts prevented it. DeLa all days this year.

DGN thinks they can pull off live coverage. Cell on wheels/range extenders or something.

Golf course scheduling conflicts prevented it. DeLa all days this year.

DGN thinks they can pull off live coverage. Cell on wheels/range extenders or something.

I'm sure there will still be some dead zones on the some of the holes but the great thing about DeLa, is there are a lot of holes in a somewhat confined area. So if they do their homework, they should be able to cover other cards while the feature cards are in those areas and/or possibly still record those holes and then show them once the cameras get to a better area and can relay the footage to JVD. They've already been doing quite a lot of that sort of thing already this year with the "this was a moment ago" type shots you see in ball golf broadcasts.

Still hope they can figure out a way to use the long pin on TOTW at least maybe for just the final round but i doubt it... or at least, figure out a different location than the one they've been using the last couple years. That's just such an amazing final hole in the long, with alot of chances for score swings that is just completely wasted using that short pin.

I've never been there, so i don't know the area but there's gotta be something better...

... maybe they could close off that area of the parking lot or something?

I'd almost rather they didn;t even play it at all if they can only use the short and maybe use one of the other unused 5 holes to make the 24

Last edited:
I guess cell signal is not part of the PDGA requirement for NT. After our Major in 2019 we were told it would be required for those going forward.

If I had to guess, they would still make it a "requirement" for most places, but because of the prestige of DeLa, it gets a pass.

MPO first round post pro:

Jomez... Paul McBeth, Ricky Wysocki, Garrett Gurthie, Sean Brookman (Masters Cup MA1 winner)

GateKeeper... Calvin Heimburg, Matt Bell, Gregg Barsby, Nate Sexton

GK Pro... Drew Gibson, Jeremy Koling, Anthony Barela, James Proctor

FPO:

CCDG... Juliana Korver, Paige Pierce, Catrina Allen, Danielle Kleidon (Masters Cup FA1 Winner)

OTB will be doing FPO Chase for the final round on Sunday

Last edited:
With no BSF this year, this is going to be extra exciting for me. Off to the woods we go. Or off to the woods we head. Either way, this is when things get interesting. So off with their heads. So to speak.

If I had to guess, they would still make it a "requirement" for most places, but because of the prestige of DeLa, it gets a pass.

I think NT events should NOT be on a course with multiple crossing fairways and dangerous pin placements. Why are crossing fairways ok for DeLa but not any other course on Earth? :wall:

Fairways cross on Holes 5 & 6. Then on Holes 13 (I-5) and 16. The shared fairway of 13/16 can also get bombed by drives on 12 (Refrigerator). The Top of The World shot is dangerous everyday. Maybe not for top pros, but players on Am Weekend are bombing Tee 1, Tee 25 and the parking lot every 10 minutes.

How is any of this acceptable for an NT event? Because it is highly rated? Reviewers here even mention the crossing fairways and the TOTW death shot and they still give it a 5!:thmbdown:

Map of DeLa Long:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/35/f86ab470.pdf

I think NT events should NOT be on a course with multiple crossing fairways and dangerous pin placements. Why are crossing fairways ok for DeLa but not any other course on Earth? :wall:

So much this!!

It blows my mind that last week at USWDGC we heard complaints about this but this week....not a word.

Latest posts