• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: Santa Cruz Masters Cup Presented by Innova May 28-30

Anyone know why they changed the course around? Starting on what was 24? and then not following the regular course flow?
Looks like it was done for course flow. For example, holes 5 and 6 fairways cross. Appears they were re-positioned as the last two holes to not slow up the course early in the round.

Watching Jonas coverage of R1F9, GG seems snakebit. Like kharma's getting back at him for kicking a dog or something. Tough opening round for him. Hope he can bounce back and climb into the heart of the pack.

FWIW - obviously heard of DeLa many times before, but never seen it. Soo many birdiable holes that can go bogey in a heartbeat. Especially with some of those low ceilings and 2 meter rule in play.

Splendid elevation, too. A blind man's can see how this course is one of the most popular anywhere. Too bad so many holes are crowded together.

Last edited:
Watching Jonas coverage of R1F9, GG seems snakebit. Like kharma's getting back at him for kicking a dog or something. Tough opening round for him. Hope he can bounce back and climb into the heart of the pack.

FWIW - obviously heard of DeLa many times before, but never seen it. Soo many birdiable holes that can go bogey in a heartbeat. Especially with some of those low ceilings and 2 meter rule in play.

Splendid elevation, too. A blind man's can see how this course is one of the most popular anywhere. Too bad so many holes are crowded together.

Watching that AM winner play that course without throwing one BH off the tee was something to see...All FHs and OHs... i just can't even fathom playing that course that way, lol...

...and if he had made a few more of those putts that turned into birdogies, he'd be right up there.

Yeah, Bookman was a nice add to that card. He played well, gave himself opportunities, and was interesting as hell to watch.

Gotta love the Death Putt shirt!
Sooo damned apropos for that course.

Apparently, no one told Hammes that danger lurks on every hole. I haven't seen how he's playing, but he's just lighting it up as if he has no reason to be scared of anything.

Shocking that neither Paul or Ricky is really in contention as much as those two have dominated this event over the last 10ish years...

KJ and Conrad shooting really well today. :)

Boy he had a clunker today. Is now in last place.
At least he didn't do it while he was being videod. :\

He strikes me as the kind of player who can absolutely scorch when he is on...but not so much when not.
This makes sense to me given all the overhand throws he uses. Obviously, they can work, but they just don't seem to work as consistently as more conventional shots.

This makes sense to me given all the overhand throws he uses. Obviously, they can work, but they just don't seem to work as consistently as more conventional shots.

His putt too...when you putt that aggressively and you don't have it dialed in, that's a lot of 20-40 foot comebackers if you don't tag the basket.

Apparently, no one told Hammes that danger lurks on every hole. I haven't seen how he's playing, but he's just lighting it up as if he has no reason to be scared of anything.

looks like he is throwing both backhand and forehand with great speed control, accuracy, and general touch right now. and topping that off with exceptional putting

KJ's grenade is appropriately named.
Dude really destroys a hole when he throws it.

Lulz at Koling "sticking" his putt on #23!
Good to see Jerm high on the board.

Last edited:
KJ's grenade is appropriately named.
Dude really destroys a hole when he throws it.

Lulz at Koling "sticking" his putt on #23!
Good to see Jerm high on the board.

one of the best things about de la is that it brings out so many different interesting throws! I love that jerm busted out a pterodactyl drive even though it's NOT the right play on that hole haha

I would imagine Paige feels a little more comfortable with a 3 shot lead over Kona instead of Catrina or Hailey.
No offense to Kona, but I just don't feel she can throw a hot round the way Cat or Hailey can.

I love that jerm busted out a pterodactyl drive even though it's NOT the right play on that hole haha
When he threw that, thought,
"WTF did he just do?":confused: :eek: :confused:

... had to watch it a replay it a couple of times to figure out what he did and how he released it.

Last edited:
Barsby making moves today.

KJ may need need to take some possibly really high risk chances to catch Hammes.

Latest posts