• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your workout routine

72 curls
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 For each arm with low weight-15lbs but about to move to 20

50 Bikes- 25 front and 25 back
scissor kicks- 40
Leg lifts- 30

25 or so for each oblique and then 75 regular crunches on the floor and exercise ball.

I also do 2 sets of 25 push ups and 20 curls(which I raise above my head?

Strength: I do Squats/Lunges, Push-ups, and core planks every other day. That is all the strength training I am doing as those things get most of the bod's muscle groups without getting too complicated.

Cardio: I do cardio everyday that I am able, but I don't even care what it is. My favorite Cardio that I have been doing lately is Jogging as many playing holes as I can on one of our longer flatter courses here in Fort Worth. I walk between holes and jog as many of the playing holes as I can.

If you are really out of shape, you don't need monster workouts to get back into decent shape again. A little workout can go a long way.

Helpful Notes on workouts from my past experience:
I am out of shape again for like the 9th time in my life. I was a tri-athlete, participated in many sports, had a trainer and have been a trainer in my life and I know what real solid workouts are.

For those of you who love your strength workouts, just make sure your reps/weights/speed vary week to week. Do one week of light reps-heavy weight-slow concentrated speed. Then do a week of medium weight-lots of reps-fast paced. You really should keep changing those 3 things around. If you do the same stuff all the time, your body will stall.

ANother major change you really should have is alternating stable and unstable. Unstable is vital for core work. For example You may bench press on a bench with a barbell. Next week, try laying on your back on an exercise ball with your feet on the ground and use dumbbells. The bench was stable and the exercise ball is unstable. These unstable styles of doing those same exercises will give you some core strength that you may have been missing and will increase your strength on the stable ones in ways you may have not realized. You can also, try the bench press on machines with single hand only or even on the exercise ball single handed. Another example is when doing dumbbell curls try standing on a single leg, just keep finding unstable ways to do your strength exercises.

And don't forget about doing little cardio moves between sets one week. The things you can do to keep it fresh is endless. There are lots of ways of doing each exercise, the real key is to find "new to you" creative ways of doing that same exercise so that your body learns to push itself and it's limits in unusual ways. That will give you the best results. There are books and websites out there to help you if you can't come up with variations on your own.

PHEW! OK that is enough for now.

30 mins on the elliptical.

15 mins of upper arm/shoulder exercises

10 mins working my core

I do this at least twice a week, sometimes up too 4 times.

usually lifting a bong or item of food to my mouth gets my heart rate up some. If that doesn't work I go out and check the mail. har har har kidding, disc golf, snowboarding, and stretching is all i need.

A sixer & possibly a doober.

THIS

and a 20kg Kettlebell.

20-kg-Grey-Kettlebell_390_2.jpg

Sometimes I get up out of my chair to go pee and the typing strengthens my power grip muscles.

I mainly use either beer and chicken wings, or beer and some kind of barbecued meat as a energy source followed up by long strecthes in front of the the TV watching sports. If htis theory doesn't work for me I am going to start riding my bike when the weather gets better.

Bill,

CoachQ and Marv Vega have really made some valid points. I'm not sure of your exact situation in terms of age, fitness level, history of injury, etc. but you really do have to play attention to where your body is when you start a program again.

I coach at a gym which runs classes for a range of people, from Navy SEALS to people who haven't seen a gym since the 80's. The biggest problem I see for people trying to get back in shape is getting frustrated when they can't do what their mind remembers being able to do. Then they get frustrated and we don't see them anymore.

I'd say talk to one of these guys who has a degree and if they're willing to help create a 6-week program based on where you are and what your goals are, you'll have a significantly higher chance of success.

Not trying to preach, just encourage.

My workout routine is pretty simple.

Monday/wednesday/some saturdays: Les Mills bodypump class
Monday/Wednesday: Yoga class
Tuesday/Thursday/some saturdays: Step Aerobics and Core Class

Core strength and flexibility are key to staying healthy and active.

Last edited:
Without too much detail, it depends on if I want to work my core or my wrist for snap. Get a partner to work my core. If I cant find a partner, its time for wrist excercises.

I have a beer belly but damn can I ever get some snap.

Weights 5 days a week (M - F), 1 hr / day, 1-2 muscle groups per day. 6 - 8 excercises per muscle, 3-4 sets at 8 - 12 reps. Go till failure.

M - Legs
T - Chest
W - Back
Th - Shoulders
F - Core and arms

Wednesday: 3 miles (30 seconds faster each mile 8:00, 7:30, 7:00) that was after running some with my track kids. Also a full upper body work out in the PM

Thursday 1 mile, then 6 100m sprints (4 wind assisted 2 against the wind), then another mile and repeat the 6 100m sprints, followed by one last mile.

Friday 1 mile then 6 100m sprints, and 1 mile. I'll probably do another upper body work out tonight.

My work outs are to increase my track speed and loose weight (although I know increased distance at lower speeds would be more benificial for weight loss, sprinting against high school kids is more fun)

Latest posts