• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Any noticiable difference in flight between the test config and standard?

Yeah, the test config/FRs do not fly like PDs...They are more LSS, have less glide, and cut on the fade rather fading forward like a true PD.

Thanks for info. I mistakenly picked up a test version at Marshall street last weekend. I noticed the difference in the top but couldn't remember which of the tops my PD had. As an FYI they had more of the test config then regular.

Is the patent number tooled into the mold? If it is, you've got a leftover CFR. If it isn't but is a non-plus rim, you've got a 3rd run. The 3rd runs I have all have a moderate dome like my favorite S-Line first runs but fly a little less stable. They're certainly a thing of beauty.

No patent number just the innova champion discs tooling. It is non + so it must be 3rd run. Maybe it molded up flat because it's only 167g. I'll find out tomorrow how she flies.

there were a very small handful of pink c line f2s in the low 160s at the innova factory store a while ago, i managed to snag a few and the plastic looked very similar to the one pictured. i traded them off and didn't throw one because i was digging the 150 class s lines so much. haha now i wish i would've kept them. i'm hoping we see some 150 class c lines at some point, i think those would make for awesome utility discs.

Yeah, the test config/FRs do not fly like PDs...They are more LSS, have less glide, and cut on the fade rather fading forward like a true PD.
Test config isn't the same as FR though, and the FRs are absolutely sublime. They're more overstable than other S-PDs have since been (on average at least), but they still have that same penetrating fade.

I'm going to get one of these to try. Which would be better in general, C-Line or S-Line do you think?

That depends on you. All the plastics are great in their own way. Honestly, the gap between the newest C-Lines and S-Lines isn't that extreme.

You just want all the pearly 3rd run C-Lines for yourself! :D

He's right though. Once you get an S-Line beat just right and foolishly throw it in the drink, you'll drown looking for it.

maybe :) i have enough though, id prefer to have all the old stamped dayglows to myself instead :D

i definitely need to cycle another spd to beat in,if i lost my 2 1/2 year old spd ...id cry.

I wish I could find a pink or white S-PD(easier to spot at my overgrown home course)without the test config top around 160-170g. My test config is more overstable than my C's.

maybe :) i have enough though, id prefer to have all the old stamped dayglows to myself instead :D

i definitely need to cycle another spd to beat in,if i lost my 2 1/2 year old spd ...id cry.

I unfortunately feel you on that one. I stupidly threw my perfectly beat first run in the water at Lincoln Ridge and didn't a backup. I still don't have my current one in the sweet spot yet, but it's getting there (first runs are durable little bastards). :(

My buddy recently found my old one, but it stinks so bad that I just can't bring myself to put it back in the bag.

I actually retired my beat s pd since new s runs are a lot more overstable. I replaced it with a heavy opto saint and I think they fly pretty similar lines. The s lines take forever to beat in and if I want an overstable pd id throw a c line.

I unfortunately feel you on that one. I stupidly threw my perfectly beat first run in the water at Lincoln Ridge and didn't a backup. I still don't have my current one in the sweet spot yet, but it's getting there (first runs are durable little bastards). :(

My buddy recently found my old one, but it stinks so bad that I just can't bring myself to put it back in the bag.

Try a vinegar bath for the smell.

I'm also going to have to start cycling in a new SPD in case I lose mine, which just recently made it to the sweet spot.

The PD is still fairly new to me. I really like how the sPDs fly, but I get a lot more use out of my pPDs right now - just a slight flip up and locks on a line. My sPDs are to new to get them to flip up, but are fantastic in any wind but a tailwind for now. Can't wait to get them worn in, but I think it's going to be well into next season before I have a good worn sPD :\

Latest posts