• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prediction: Paul McBeth Stays With Innova

See, with all the craziness surrounding the announcement, this seems plausible. I wonder though, if he was going this route, why wouldn't he have Innova make the hypothetical discs? Obviously there isn't any bad blood there.

This goes in line with my prediction, that technically he did "leave" the Innova player team, but ends up working with them in some capacity. :popcorn:

I think any involvement of him becoming a partner or business owner would take away from actually focusing on and playing disc golf. And he still has lot of golf to play.

Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.

Just like when got married, it ruined his game just like all the experts predicted.

No wait, that's not what happened.

Now don't tell me being an owner or partner in a business will take up more time than being married. Besides, his wife is going to run everything.

Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.

Lol, ok then, sound like it's all figured out. Do Paul and Hanna know any of this? When are you planning on springing it in them?

I missed that discussion about marriage, I'm new here as you can see. I can see that only helping, especially when his spouse is as into it as he is.

But yes, depending on the level of involvement, starting up and running a business is a huge investment of time and energy. I don't know Paul from Adam, but my guess is he won't do anything that takes away from his practicing and competing.

More likely he gets a better sponsorship deal.

You're not married, are you?

You're not married, are you?

I'm confused. There really does seem to be this anti married thing here.

I've been lurking for a moment, and I gotta tell you, there's plenty of people in the industry that have marriages and success at so many different levels.
I'll tell you that my marriage has been majorly enhanced by DG, and my partner is just that, a partner that helps me in my endeavors as do I to hers.
We're even going to have matching his hers UPD bags in the spring. Heather grey...awww...

Back on topic, I think anything Paul and Hanna do in this sport is lock step and on point. I don't think and haven't seen anything wrong with it.

Back on original topic....another three months at least to see what happens...it's gonna be a long winter..

Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est

I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Niced. :thmbup:

Speaking of little ones, I suspect Nate Sexton will retire from touring soon. If his wife is still in medical school, she won't be able to travel during her residency. He might become like a Brinster and keep more to the local scene. You do what you gotta do to make it work.

Not anti marriage, just been married long enough to know that it ain't always rainbows and roses. It is a serious commitment and sometimes it can be difficult enough to affect work. Add children into the mix and your decision matrix gets totally changed. I remember seeing an old interview with Climo from around 2002. He talked about being divorced and having to find time to be with his son with his travel schedule.

My wife and I both are children of divorce. I'm sure many people that are anti marriage on this board might be the same given the current divorce rates in the western world. Marriage is a commitment and some things people have suffered through in their lives don't immediately come to light until enough time has passed. Being vulnerable with your spouse is key in marriage, but not necessarily easy.

I'm glad to hear the McBeth family is on the same page with their life goals. I wish them all the best and as many little McBeths as their hearts can bear.

Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est

Well said.
Thank You for the reminder:
Where charity and love are, God is there.

I didn't realize Sexton's wife was a doctor. I'd heard in the Jomez vids Big Jerm teasing him about dad bod. I've noticed several other touring pros kinda shift their involvement as they developed families. I remember back in the day most of the Pros had 9 to 5's or some other work to keep food on the table.

Let's bring it back on topic bud. Not interested in arguing with you or discussing my personal life.

Sorry pal. It's a joke. I've been married 34 years. I can do anything I want, as long as it's okay with my wife.

There was some smack talk a while back and Mrs. McBeth responded to it by saying something to the effect that people were jealous because she and her hubby were a "power couple". Now when I hear someone say something like that, I just have to wonder where they are coming from.

Does anyone find it strange...that after a 12 year relationship, Innova's only "good bye" to Paul was a fairly short write up on their website? And as far as credibility goes, I don't 100% believe anyone who is in the disc golf media, journalism, etc, field, that has said anything about Discraft & PMB. After all their main job is to get "likes, shares, views, etc" on anything they publish.

Sorry pal. It's a joke. I've been married 34 years. I can do anything I want, as long as it's okay with my wife.

There was some smack talk a while back and Mrs. McBeth responded to it by saying something to the effect that people were jealous because she and her hubby were a "power couple". Now when I hear someone say something like that, I just have to wonder where they are coming from.

No kidding.

wtf does power couple mean anyways?

When people use that term it makes me wonder if they are trying to make us think they have some inside scoop on the McBeth marriage.

Does anyone find it strange...that after a 12 year relationship, Innova's only "good bye" to Paul was a fairly short write up on their website? And as far as credibility goes, I don't 100% believe anyone who is in the disc golf media, journalism, etc, field, that has said anything about Discraft & PMB. After all their main job is to get "likes, shares, views, etc" on anything they publish.

why would innova give any more publicity than they have to to someone who is not going to be making them money anymore let alone to a competitor who is signing said moneymaker?

why would innova give any more publicity than they have to to someone who is not going to be making them money anymore let alone to a competitor who is signing said moneymaker?

Agreed... but if they really wanted to "maximize profits, and sell a ton of remaining PMB discs", etc, etc, wouldn't there be a bit more PMB all over their website? Like I said in another thread, I do think the lackluster "goodbye" could be a sign that the departure (if he did leave) was not on good terms. But !@#$% why announce it on Halloween...what was the business decision behind that if only to cause confusion?????

I'm sure the remaining stock of McDiscs is flying off the shelves everywhere already. They aren't going to be making any more. There is a distinct possibility there was some conflict involved in the move. The powers that be at Innova likely just wanted to get out in front of it and not have to hear about it any more and go back to work on things relevant to their business which Paul no longer is.

Innova wants to keep on good terms with Paul.
After all, he has made them a lot of money over the years.

Another point to consider is that they want to keep the door open if Paul decides to come back.

Last, from all accounts, Dave and Harold are genuinely good people.
Maybe not necessarily "soft", but not soul-less corporate monsters either.
They've made a business decision, no hard feelings.
Paul made a business decision, no hard feelings.

I sincerely wish them all well.

Latest posts