• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

First one had the side frame panels inserted backwards. Also snap button that holds the putter pocket up tore off and one of the zipper pulls fell apart. This all happened within the first week of me owning the bag.

The second issue took a while for me to notice. The velcro strip inside the main compartment that is used to hold the flap in place after you unzip it and tuck it in was getting caught on the putter pocket and fraying it. It ended up eating a hole through the putter pocket by the time I noticed it. The new Grip bags fixed this problem by making that patch of velcro smaller so it doesn't reach the putter pocket and the putter pocket itself is made from a different material that is less likely to snag.

The third Grip bag I have now seems solid but I'm guessing is a tiny bit narrower than the previous two. I can't hold my usual amount of discs in the main compartment, and I can't fit any disc in the front pouch like I was able to in the older bags. I'm getting kind of tired of the inconsistencies.

i had no idea that Grip had these kind of production quality issues, hopefully for you third times a charm...

That had to chap your butt after the release delays/shenanigans.

Well, I bought the Grip this past June. At that point there were no issues with keeping the bags in stock. I had it at my door 2 days after placing the order online. But yeah, I wasn't expecting this many problems from a $200 bag. My Fade Gear bags had less issues than my Grip.

These are currently in stock at Marshall Street. I love mine. Holds a ton and doesn't hurt the back. I usually have 20 in the main compartment and 5 in the putter pocket. Each side pocket could easily hold 4-5 more and that still leaves the 2 long side pockets. The fit is great as I am a big man (6'3" and 340 lbs, 58" chest). My old bag was a Revo Carolina with quadshocks that would leave my back a little sore after a couple rounds. The bag is expensive but worth it to me for the back relief. I knew I wanted this over a Grip bag because of the size. I just couldn't see myself being comfortable in a bag that little Paige Pierce says fits just right. :thmbup:

Is it small enough to carry on?

Has anyone flown with one of these yet? I'm getting one next week and we're flying to Indianapolis, just wanting to make sure it'll fit in the overhead bin.

Thanks!
Will

I got my Prodiscus bag in the mail last night from Devan Owerns. Haven't been able to take it to the course yet, but I have some thoughts in comparison to my grip.

Pros

1. The styling. I really like the color, overall design, and placement of the logos.
2. Storage. The only real complaint I have about by Grip is the difficulty to store a lot of things. I can't imagine having that problem with this.
3. Increased disc capacity. The Grip has enough capacity for me for my "main set" of discs, as it were, but I often like to carry a few extras to experiment with. That's somewhat hard to do with the Grip, not with the Prodiscus.
4. The rain fly. The design of this thing is great. The dedicated pocket for it is incredibly convenient.

Cons.

1. The construction doesn't seem quite as durable as the grip. The side panels are not the thick plastic used by Grip and the lack of rails on the bottom may cause durability issues long term. The material the bag is made of seems fine, though.
2. The putter pocket. While it holds a lot, I'm really not a fan of the fact that the putters can actually sit on the main compartment of discs while in the putter pocket.
3. The size. This is a plus and a minus. The thing really is big. Maybe too big for me. We will see.

I just pre-ordered one from journey post and they said I will have it in 3-4 weeks. $260 shipped. I originally wanted smoke blue but a rep from journey post emailed me and told me I would have to wait another month for that color, but could get black, light grey, brown, yellow, navy blue, and orange, in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait! :)

damn journey post shipping is terrible. even from finland they're faster than that

Lol.
They have to get to them FROM Finland, then be shipped out... Not sure how that makes their shipping terrible.

It sounds like you think theyre at their shop and they just take a month to ship it to you. This is false.

I just made my first order from JP on the 15th (not a Prodiscus bag). It arrived two days later. Pretty standard.

Is there any place to find any of the measurements of the pockets? I am trying o see if I will be able to use this bag as something other than a DG bag. It's hard spending that much on something just for disc golf.

How wide is the rain fly pocket? Could I fit a 15 Mac book pro in it? This looks like it would make a great backpack in general.

How wide is the rain fly pocket? Could I fit a 15 Mac book pro in it? This looks like it would make a great backpack in general.
The putter pocket is cavernous, but only 9 1/4'' in length. The rainfly is 10'' in length, but I don't know about the width, but I doubt it. If the putter pocket is long enough. It would work, plus you can still fit 3 to 5 putters/discs in it!

Latest posts