• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Drives - Form Tips -

After reviewing this video again ive come to the conclusion that hes not really throwing that 372'-414'.

Looks more like 300ft. This was probably his best throw which is why all we see is a still, then his actual throw, then another throw that's 200ft off the ground and you only catch the first 2 seconds of the flight at most.

ya ya i know, you've played with him...

I guess I did not mean control OAT I meant understand the path your discs take based on your OAT throw and use that to your advantage.
It's just as bad as only being able to throw clean or only being able to throw hyzers. You're missing out on a lot of control over the disc by not having control of how much OAT you impart.

After reviewing this video again ive come to the conclusion that hes not really throwing that 372'-414'.

Looks more like 300ft. This was probably his best throw which is why all we see is a still, then his actual throw, then another throw that's 200ft off the ground and you only catch the first 2 seconds of the flight at most.

ya ya i know, you've played with him...

can you just leave? you are damn right I have played with him. I doubted him when he first came out, but he can do everything he says. He is actually very modest.
He did not leave this thread because he is a cry baby, he left because he knows what he can do and if people don't appreciate it, he can focus his energy on his his new daughter or one of the other 50 sports he can destroy you in.
Those who can do, Those who can't HATE :thmbdown:

lol...a beast of the intermediates?

yes, I am not confident enough to say he would play pro. His niche is distance, but I think he could place among advance players easily, but to claim he would win any local tourney is a stretch. I think he gave Hysell a run for his money though.

Last edited:
can you just leave? you are damn right I have played with him. I doubted him when he first came out, but he can do everything he says. He is actually very modest.
He did not leave this thread because he is a cry baby, he left because he knows what he can do and if people don't appreciate it, he can focus his energy on his his new daughter or one of the other 50 sports he can destroy you in.
I understand where he's coming from when he said he wouldn't post anymore. Keep in mind this is all just speculation, I haven't met the guy before or talked with him about it.

First he claims he can throw real far, people doubt him, so he posts video evidence and has several locals confirm what he can do.

Then, unrelated to him, people say here and there that they'd like to see a putter go 400' and are wondering what it takes to do that. He can throw a putter 400' so he posts a video of him doing it and describes what is important to do to be able to throw a putter that far. Then lots of people whine about things totally unrelated to what he's posting about. Making those videos takes time and energy and doing it just to have people complain about them is very frustrating. It's obvious some people on here don't want or appreciate the time he's put into it, so he's not doing it anymore.

More reachback

One thing that kachtz demonstrates well in the video is a full range of motion on the reachback, especially with a full turn of the shoulders. This is something I probably need to start doing to get more distance. I just sort of feel out of control whenever I go for a full reachback. It's probably the same reason I don't like driving on the freeway, there's just too much going on, lol. But do you necessarily sacrifice accuracy when u go for the full reachback and turn away? Just a matter of practice?

You must have completely missed the point of this thread if you are asking about reach back.

From the second post, and emphasized numerous times afterward:
your approach, how many hands you have on the disc, and your reach back are minimal importance...

You must have completely missed the point of this thread if you are asking about reach back.

From the second post, and emphasized numerous times afterward:

Maybe reachback is the wrong term. What I was getting at was he (kachtz) shows a full rotation from the target. Would this be considered a key to more distance?

What I have learned from this thread is that garublador is my favorite poster. He has the unique ability to not allow his emotions to influence the message he is comunicating. That being said...

I however put my emotions into every message that I convey so please allow me to say that: I grow weary of the monkeys slinging poo. Bleep you, and you, and you... You all sound like the same big-mouthed know-it-alls that I hear on a regular basis. You ain't about nothing, and hate on anybody else that is... I recently even had the pleasure of listening to one idiot at the Crosstown Open tell me how overrated Dave Feldberg is while we were watching him play. The #1 ranked player in the world travels to our little neck of the woods, and he still can't give the guy his props. So this is how you treat someone that was trying to help your sorry a$$ by taking his time to film and present for the masses? I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble for this, but you've pissed me off. I think it is a complete joke for a bunch of 900 rated nobodies to even be able to comment sometimes. Why can't some of you just shut up while grown folks are talking?

I was going to try and have my kids film me throwing to get form advice, but now, there is no way in hell I would put myself out there for you idiots to throw stones at. I am so, so disappointed in many of you. Especially the ones I consider to be my friends. You tell the guy to get some thick skin. How about you think about somebody but yourself for a change? It goes both ways. I wrote a piece here last week to try and convey some things that I think are important to our growth in this game. If I had been treated as poorly as Katchz has been, that probably would have been my last contribution to this site too.

I'm putting on my daddy britches right now, and here is what I want you to take from this message: It's real easy to sit on the sideline doing nothing and laugh at the sub stellar efforts of others that are actually trying to make something out of nothing. But no one will remember or help you when you need it, so enjoy your laughs while you can. Go back to your stupid poll questions and landfill discussions over crap that doesn't amount to anything. That is all some of you are good for. Katchz did a good thing, and you opinionated dorks ruined it. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

As should somebody that flys off the handle like this, IMHO.

Anyways, why can't people just except the fact that there is more than one way to skin a cat?

Just like pro ball golfers. There are many of the best players, passed and present that have hideous looking swings. Yet, you can't argue with there results. Their ugly ass swings, still get the right things done at the right times, and the results are in the cat skinning!

I was going to try and have my kids film me throwing to get form advice, but now, there is no way in hell I would put myself out there for you idiots to throw stones at.

I don't know how active the DGR video critique section is anymore, but you will get some quality advice if anyone comments on it

Just like pro ball golfers. There are many of the best players, passed and present that have hideous looking swings. Yet, you can't argue with there results. Their ugly ass swings, still get the right things done at the right times, and the results are in the cat skinning!

agreed...two people i play with come to mind when you said this. Both can throw 500', 1 has thrown 602' at dry lake near vegas(with gps and all, it was legit). The funny thing is, the first guy(602') looks like he puts no effort into his throw at all, everything is very smooth and simple. The other guy looks like a drunken idiot twirling around like a ballerina making a semi-coordinated fall, yet he still reaches 500', maybe not as accurately or consistent as the first guy but he's still got the distance.

A good person to watch throw is Gateway's Brad Williams....his mechanics are near perfect. He's been helping me work out my throw with much improvement and i think many people can learn a lot off of watching his throw

A good person to watch throw is Gateway's Brad Williams....his mechanics are near perfect. He's been helping me work out my throw with much improvement and i think many people can learn a lot off of watching his throw

Too bad that a guy with so much talent, also seems to be one of the biggest d-bags in the sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSZhlmXua0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0xlGTgXvOg

Granted, I don't know him personally, but when I see and hear about things like that, I don't want to. I don't care how good they are.

Those who can do, Those who can't HATE :thmbdown:

Its clear alot of you guys are getting up there in age and cant see properly.

It also has nothing to do with jealously btw, i know plenty of people that can throw farther then me and im not bothered by this. I know this sport takes time to master.

The real comical part is about 75% of the people who are now "attacking" my video, state (in other threads) that them themselves cant throw past 350-375.

Its also clear most of you have never been trolled before...

Welcome to the internet.

Last edited:
Its clear alot of you guys are getting up there in age and cant see properly.

It also has nothing to do with jealously btw, i know plenty of people that can throw farther then me and im not bothered by this. I know this sport takes time to master.

The real comical part is about 75% of the people who are now "attacking" my video, state (in other threads) that them themselves cant throw past 350-375.

Its also clear most of you have never been trolled before...

Welcome to the internet.

Wrong again junior. We know all too well who you are, and what you're about. Please don't make daddy take off his belt.

474196820_ac2010ce48.jpg

Trolls gonna troll.

Latest posts