• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Recommend an understable mid to me

Fuses get flippy quickly in the light weights. Max weight Opto is the least finicky of the Fuse family. Some of them can be stubbornly straight when new but they season into wonderful turnover mids.

Yep! Tangent and Theory got suggested anyway (in Neutron or Plasma which are Star-like and thus meet the lower bar of the acceptance criteria). I mean to try one of those eventually as well; been hearing the Gyro guys singing the Tangent's praises for years now.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the MVP/Axiom mids in a firm Electron someday though. Electron does feel really nice although the Atoms I had didn't seem super durable, so might need a firmer version for mids.

This non-Gyro person also likes the Tangent. My only issue with Gyro mids like the Axis and Tangent are that I'm not comfortable with powering down with them. Aside from that, the Axis and Tangent are good discs.

SD86 nailed it, the Fuse is super glidey and when powered powered down you can throw touch shots that hold the line with great accuracy. The Tangent I would not consider glidey at all, and is not as controllable powered down, but I like them both and bag both. But if I had to choose one, it would be the Fuse for it's versality, although it's easy to overthrow your target until you get used to it's Comet-like glide.

Do you have devent-sized hands and a like of champion plastic? Opto fuse.

Do you want a great feel and response? Buy a coyote in star and beat it in.

I personally keep a classic roc, opto fuse, pfn star coyote, and a seasoned fuzion truth for this slot. I'm slowly working in a r-pro roc+ (a VERY sturdy disc) to handle most of this slot and let me retire the classic.

I don't have a cannon but I use putters often for these type of shots. R-pro aviar or aviar driver, axiom envy, xd if you can really chuck em smooth.

Latest posts