• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko Bag (Casual Round Bag)

Just got the bag in the mail today. I got the Digi-Camo and it really looks nice. Overall fantastically put together. I only wish I had held back and waited until shipping was free. Oh well.

I got the bag for casual rounds as well as for my wife when we go out for a week long disc golf extravaganza this summer. She really like the feel and look of the bag. Time will tell, but I wish there was a sliding pad on the shoulder strap -- not so much for comfort but to prevent the two strap from sliding apart. The pad would keep them from doing that. Also the water bottle holder could be constructed a bit better. The plastic buckle for the strap is right in the water bottle holder, which is small to begin with, and it is hard to slide one in there. I have an 18 ounce nalgene that won't slide in. The only thing that will are the disposable water bottles, which I really hate using because they are so wasteful. But those are two small things that can easily be worked on. Great construction overall.

Just got the bag in the mail today. I got the Digi-Camo and it really looks nice. Overall fantastically put together. I only wish I had held back and waited until shipping was free. Oh well.

I got the bag for casual rounds as well as for my wife when we go out for a week long disc golf extravaganza this summer. She really like the feel and look of the bag. Time will tell, but I wish there was a sliding pad on the shoulder strap -- not so much for comfort but to prevent the two strap from sliding apart. The pad would keep them from doing that. Also the water bottle holder could be constructed a bit better. The plastic buckle for the strap is right in the water bottle holder, which is small to begin with, and it is hard to slide one in there. I have an 18 ounce nalgene that won't slide in. The only thing that will are the disposable water bottles, which I really hate using because they are so wasteful. But those are two small things that can easily be worked on. Great construction overall.

Thank you for the write up :thmbup:

I agree on all the criticisms you have as well.
That water bottle holder is snug. We wanted it to be pretty small but I would agree that it could be enlarged to hold a standard 20 oz. bottle. I just keep refilling my little disposable bottle so I am not throwing out bottle after bottle.

Overall I'm really glad that you like the bag. I think for our debut project in the bag market that we have succeeded in bringing to life a bag that combines simplicity and features more so than any bag of its style.
I appreciate your support!

Of these provided colors, which would you like to see?

If you did the baby blue with pink, I would buy one. I have a nut sac and often go to grab it for loner rounds. Then I remember, no bottle holder. Heck, even if you don't do the pink and blue, I am gonna want one of these.

OT06VHn.jpg

sYPNOWS.jpg

WSkFB0u.jpg

hadRpFR.jpg

46dm3WU.jpg

KjQtUGk.jpg

I've settled on the Digi-Camo Gecko as my go to bag. It provides me with plenty of discs for casual rounds, safe storage for my valuables and enough water to keep me quenched now that is it a little ripe here in StL

Wanted to post a quick review. Got the bag for my wife, Silver and Black. She really likes it. Carried it for the first time today at the Trilogy Challenge and it's the perfect size for that kind of thing. She doesn't carry way too many discs normally (like I do) so it's going to be good for our rounds together. I will say the water bottle holder is very slim. Of all the bottles we had in the house, only one bottle fit, and that was barely. I'm sure the neoprene will give some over time, and I understand being a small bag it's not going to have a huge holder on it. This is really my only complaint though.

Looks like a better version of a Nutsac. Nice

That was the plan :)

After breaking mine in some over the past month I've found the drink sleeve to open up a bit so I don't have to work to get my bottle in. It is still too small for future runs but it works100% for what I need.

Overall I think the Gecko is then best small bag option out there in terms of features, appearance & price point. I can't wait to see some more reviews popping up as folks start usng theirs.

Just got mine for Father's Day, and managed to only get about an hour at the course with it so this is a limited review. I was looking for a quick-round at lunch bag and this seems to fit that task perfectly.

First off, this is an incredibly well made bag. I've had a Revo for about 7 years and this is just as well constructed. Great materials, wide strap and just an all-around solid bag that I'm certain will last as long as I need it to, or until it gets handed down to my kids. I had 2 mids 2 putters and 2 drivers total so it was a little tight but using the double side pockets for a putter and main driver seems to work well. I did not use the drink holder but it will def need some stretching before I can use it. The flap has a relatively large pocket, so much so at one point I thought I lost my phone and unpacked the whole thing (in about 30 seconds) before finding it right where it should be. I agree the flap may not be necessary and it might work better with another way to close like someone mentioned above, but if you keep your 2 main discs in the outside pockets that doesn't matter so much. I was able to putt comfortably from about 20 feet, which is a huge plus for me in getting rounds in quickly.

Overall a really practical and solid bag, I might even get one for the wife.

i understand the small water bottle holder, but if it were bigger it would tip this bag to the top for me. i use a nutsac 2.0 currently for some rounds and love the size. also if you ditch the top flap that would be sweet. either way nice bag!

Got my digi cam Gecko in the mail yesterday. Really impressive bag, quality materials and workmanship for $40 + $3 S&H, insane. This will be my travel bag, normally carry the Flak 4, this bag is every bit as awesome as that bag in every way, the digi camo's even almost match which is cool. I've been on the hunt for a travel bag, most are on the cheaper low quality end, possibly over priced higher end with nothing that suited my needs in between. I tried the nutsac, it's cool, it's built well, I see why people dig them but lack of a drink holder and the fact that it doesn't stand up when you set it on the ground was a deal breaker for me, I keep it full of putters for putting practice.

The next little batch of Geckos are on the table!

We are increasing the water bottle sleeve capacity, sealing up the mysteriously deep pocket & attempting to improve the strap tail system.

Attachments

• usa.jpg
    usa.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 78
Awesome news! I'll make sure to mention that in my video.

Speaking of the video, if anyone has anything they'd specifically like me to cover when I review the Gecko, let me know. I like to be detailed and thorough!

MikeC,

It would be good to cover storage options for towels, wallet, keys, phone, chalk bag, etc. All that other stuff we tend to carry around besides discs.

Awesome news! I'll make sure to mention that in my video.

Speaking of the video, if anyone has anything they'd specifically like me to cover when I review the Gecko, let me know. I like to be detailed and thorough!

Any Gecko users finding this bag to be the perfect bag for toning down your mold count?

The Gecko went from my casual dream bag to my every day bag in a matter of no time. Enough features to not sacrafice storage but it rides virtually weightless and is built like a tank.

Really enjoying my gecko just the right size for playing my private course or playing glow.
The quality is excellent definitely built to last.
My water bottle holder is starting to loosen up with use and the gigantic pocket is actually kinda nice. (After finding out how big it was by losing something in the bag for a few days lol)

Only other minor thing is I always keep the flap open so the patch is never visible. A patch on the other side or maybe on the strap might be nice.

Latest posts