• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rock Hill, SC area??

In that case, roll out the red carpet....

You comin' in time for summer? Been in the Carolinas in the summer before?

Having played your local course several times, and having played most of the Charlotte area courses from a DG perspective the move is a no brainer. Boyd Hill is as good as what you are used to, and the greater Charlotte area is amazing. If the job and family deals work out, go for it. There are also plenty of good people to show you around when you arrive. Just keep in mind that southern barbecue is over rated. There is no Dinosaur down here!

Just bought gas in Rock Thrill for $2.99/gallon, after a lovely morning round on the lakefront course with my daughters, followed by some breakfast burritos from Del Taco. How can anyone NOT want to live there?

I live in Charlotte. Have spent plenty of time in Rock Hill and I'm not sure I would want to live there. Ft Mill, or Harrisburg or surrounding areas to Charlotte are good, I love living in Charlotte but the taxes are no joke :wall: Plus side - Disc golf courses everywhere.

HA! You southerners with your "taxes" problems. Move to the north east, get your 1300 sqft house on .5 acres and pay $8000 in property tax. I live in nice Suburb of Charlotte with a 1600 sqft on .5 acres and pay $1400 total taxes AND insurance and my Mortgage is less than I was paying for a 1 bedroom (rent) in the ghetto of West Haven, CT. Be glad you live here.

I grew up 45 minutes away from Syracuse, i understand your frustration. I moved to VB 4 years ago, the DG isnt great but my life is alot better here!

Also, i lived in the charlotte area for about 6 weeks, i hated so much that i moved out as quick as i could, sorry charlotte guys but it wasnt for me.

Having played your local course several times, and having played most of the Charlotte area courses from a DG perspective the move is a no brainer. Boyd Hill is as good as what you are used to, and the greater Charlotte area is amazing. If the job and family deals work out, go for it. There are also plenty of good people to show you around when you arrive. Just keep in mind that southern barbecue is over rated. There is no Dinosaur down here!

How do I increase your rep for this one. Until it moved the Best BBQ in Cornelius was owned by a dude from CT. Vinegar based :thmbdown:

:) Just trying to light the fires.

The problem with the Carolina's b'cue is it is solely focused on pulled pork. Really good b'cue joints do so much more. And the truth is, it's really hard to screw up pulled pork. Ribs down here are weak, and finding a brisket is like me searching for my first ace. Totally useless. I've had better b'cue in California.

Latest posts