• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Scott,
In an earlier discussion with dj, I asked about an abuse test.
Literally abuse the bag to see what holds up, what doesn't, and the after effects of said abuse. He agreed that would be a good idea and was wondering if that test occurred?

I made a video review of the bag for people to watch since nobody ever made one. No smoke and mirrors, just an honest review. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/_IzGi-rRpAk

i agree with everything in that review completely !!!

however a lot of your GGIS problems (not counting waterproof open sides)
are because your insert is not correctly installed.

you need to make sure the sleeve that it fits into, is fully stretched out and not wadded up under the insert
also you need to have the insert sitting down in below the bottom of the opening

making it so you can put 1 disc in the insert, and 1 on top of it also

this is the way i think it was designed to work

also you need to have the insert sitting down in below the bottom of the opening

making it so you can put 1 disc in the insert, and 1 on top of it also

this is the way i think it was designed to work

QFT. See my later pictures on this topic.

I'd have liked to see you address the ease of removing discs in the video. That's one of the downsides of the bottom. Not a huge one, or a deal breaker, but it matters at least a little.

QFT. See my later pictures on this topic.

I'd have liked to see you address the ease of removing discs in the video. That's one of the downsides of the bottom. Not a huge one, or a deal breaker, but it matters at least a little.

Not to me, but forcing the ggs down more than I already have obstructs the main disc compartment more than I'd like. The only other problem that I have with the main compartment is when I stuff too much in the side pockets.

Not to me, but forcing the ggs down more than I already have obstructs the main disc compartment more than I'd like. The only other problem that I have with the main compartment is when I stuff too much in the side pockets.

i am not talking about lowering the back/rear of the sleeve that the insert box fits into.
you just need to make sure the insert box is properly installed into the sleeve
it should look like pic

Attachments

• 20140104_194050.jpg
    20140104_194050.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Could you fit a hoodie in this bag?

Hi Roy,
Looking at some of the past reviews players have been putting medium and large hoodies in the tall side pockets. So yes hoodies do fit. Now if your looking to put an extra large hoodie or a super thick warm hoodie then you will probably be out of luck. So medium large hoodie, rain jackets and other thin articles of clothing will fit fine.

Scott Poland

Could you fit a hoodie in this bag?

There is a lot of storage potential for this only being a medium backpack. It's worth noting that a regular sweatshirt will fit, but at a cost. Stuffing the long side pocket takes away from the main and the smaller side storage capabilities on the same side.

I took it our for the first time yesterday and I love it! plenty of room with room to spare. Looking forward to using it at the St. Cloud ice bowl this coming weekend!

How is the bag holding up so far?
Any issues with straps, zippers, etc.?

I haven't had any issues with about 30 rounds on it...

Messenger_5827535973637217418_13893928468365614.jpg

I got a GRIP and this bag for xmas. I think I'm keeping the Grip. Simply a bit better construction.

That said, The handle and the extra 2 side pockets on the Catalyst rock...better than Grip's or any other bag I've used. In fact giving up the sweet handle is the hardest thing about parting with it (PM if interested...post coming soon in marketplace).

Latest posts