• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silver Series: 2022 Santa Cruz Masters Cup May 13-15

the complaining really started last year, I'll try to dig up some if I can find anything. specifically I definitely remember Ezra and company complaining which has carried over to this year

Specifically Ezra and Brodie both referred to the course as "janky" in one of their joint practice round videos last year. This year they sorta pseudo retracted that, but also seemed to say that might be only because people would get upset.

I very much prefer a course that might be considered "janky" over a ball golf course. I disagree with that adjective though. Brodie and Ezra should get gud if they think de la is janky. Why has mcbeth dominated at de la for so long if it's all luck? Because it's not janky it just forces you to be more precise over a longer duration than other courses.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

DeLa forces you to prove you have the technical mid range and fairway driver skills, so you largely put away your high speed drivers and show you have full flight path control with slower discs.

That being said, I would tweak a few holes, hole 4 is pretty lame, you throw uphill over a ridge and can not see the fairway which is covered in trees, so luck is a big part of that hole.

I am not a huge fan of the ball golf course (always long) and other long courses where most holes are high speed drivers off the tee.

In normal ball golf course design, there is a consistent ratio of par 3s, 4s, and 5s, and usually balanced between the front nine and back nine.

I think in ball golf and disc golf the player should have to prove they can play their whole bag, not just big drives with upshots and putting.

DeLa forces you to prove you have the technical mid range and fairway driver skills, so you largely put away your high speed drivers and show you have full flight path control with slower discs.

That being said, I would tweak a few holes, hole 4 is pretty lame, you throw uphill over a ridge and can not see the fairway which is covered in trees, so luck is a big part of that hole.

I am not a huge fan of the ball golf course (always long) and other long courses where most holes are high speed drivers off the tee.

In normal ball golf course design, there is a consistent ratio of par 3s, 4s, and 5s, and usually balanced between the front nine and back nine.

I think in ball golf and disc golf the player should have to prove they can play their whole bag, not just big drives with upshots and putting.

It is rare that ball golfers need to use their entire bag in one round. You know the old joke, When the priest's playing partner asked why he held up his one iron in a lightning storm, the priest responded, Not even god can hit a one iron, lol.

I agree with your point in principle, and some courses have a good mix of technical and bomber shots, but for most part it seems one or the other these days. That is probably why there is a proliferation of OB these days, to simulate technical shots where the landscape doesn't allow it. Although some courses little OB even on the technical shots for heaven knows what reason (Eagle's Crossing for example).

Just to clarify, Brodie wasn't at Santa Cruz last year. The video where they kept putting the course down was Hammes, Tristan, Ezra, and Kyle. Then they had to remove the video bc Hammes was mocking Ezra's speech impediment.

DeLa is all about control of speed and landing angle in order to minimize skips and roll aways.

McBeth is pretty much the best at manipulating the disc to get a favorable landing. That's also why all the OG pros like the course.

It's a skill that I don't think translates too well with most of the DGPT courses, and why the young guns called the course janky. Just not a skill they've fine tuned.

Is it normal to not have silver series rounds up prior to the next round? They wasted their time getting the FPO card up early but nada on MPO.

It's probably been the same but just now noticed.

Is it normal to not have silver series rounds up prior to the next round? They wasted their time getting the FPO card up early but nada on MPO.

It's probably been the same but just now noticed.

The FPO play earlier in the day this year, so they can probably get the post-production done that afternoon.

No idea about the MPO.

I'm just guessing …

What genius did the planning for this tournament so that the last MPO card will tee off at 3:47pm local time on a Sunday?

Was there a weather delay or anything else that could explain this?

This is quite ridiculous.

What genius did the planning for this tournament so that the last MPO card will tee off at 3:47pm local time on a Sunday?

Was there a weather delay or anything else that could explain this?

This is quite ridiculous.

What is your concern? Is it a matter of not being convenient for the players, or for the viewers?

I am enjoying watching this on a Sunday evening, here in Eastern time.

I wish more tournaments switched up a new course for the final round.

What is your concern? Is it a matter of not being convenient for the players, or for the viewers?

I am enjoying watching this on a Sunday evening, here in Eastern time.

How close to dark did they finish? Will the award ceremony be illuminated by car headlights? How about the last competitors and fans who stay to watch it all, and then want to drive home…will they get home by midnight?

These are all valid concerns that SOMEBODY isn't taking into account.

How close to dark did they finish? Will the award ceremony be illuminated by car headlights? How about the last competitors and fans who stay to watch it all, and then want to drive home…will they get home by midnight?

These are all valid concerns that SOMEBODY isn't taking into account.

The whole thing was over by 7:15 or so, still plenty of daylight. Seems much ado about nothing.

Big step up for Central Coast on the coverage this weekend. Back to including their radar gun, distance on throws, and the visual scorecard ticker. Not sure why they cut all this stuff early in the season (maybe DGPT didn't want it, or maybe being back home in cali they have more production support), but it's much more watchable. Still missing a lot of replays of great throws and the best intro music in the game but c'est la vie.

Latest posts