• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sqeezed in 10 holes of my safari layout at west park and finished at an even 30 with two 4's. i smashed a 120'+ fairway ace for a deuce. its an extremely tough set of holes including a 900' anny/roller bomb, so im satisfied for sure. i was focused on my hip rotation, not worried about pre throw routine, and my drives felt effortless yet were still pushing my max. Good day! i may even wake up early and throw before work in the morning!

Played pretty well, Played the front 9 at Castle Hayne twice....First round was a +2, second was a personal best -3 and bogey free. Parked a few holes that I hadn't done before and hit a few long par saving putts. Good day

Shotgunning

Finished our 8 round Bush League today. Our Pro averaged a -9 for the 8 weeks so that was his handicap. The rest were -3 to about + 4 ... first round I was -5 but didn't have any great rounds after that and ended up a zero - even par. Being a SGM these folks were throwing much longer and steadier than I. I ended up minus 1 for tonight's round and tied with 2 others for first place so we had a one shot CTP and I threw it about 15' , one hooked it wide and the other guy threw right at it dinged a spruce tree ten to the right of the target and dropped ... I thot that was it and I'd lost. Upon arriving at the target he had slid by the tonal and was 25' ... so I won the shoot out and the handicapped Bush League ... I scored a pink 135 gram Blizzie Boss and for winning I had to shotgun a Old Milwaukee ... being 65 I hadn't done that for many a year and shot her back and slammed the can when done .... the folks were impressed.:clap::thmbup::\

Did It! (Passed 1000 holes for the month) :p

Also nearly hit a skip ace on hole #1001 (Williamsburg hole #15, "The Drop Shot"): my putter bashed 'em, but cut through the chains on the right side. Had to settle for the deuce. (I did have one ace earlier in the month, and average one every 1100-1200 holes...I play a lot of easy holes...). :eek:

Welcome to Arizona,lol, when I lived there it was up in the 110's consistently during summer with I think a straight week above 120, I'd move back in a heartbeat if possible.

Wowza... I am loving the weather in Ohio (mostly). Ever since I got to Cincinnati the weather has been about 90 with a very high likelihood of afternoon thunderstorms.

As to how I played... I played decent today. Played Cali in some dubs before a tourney tomorrow and tied for first to come out ahead like $25 :)

Took 2nd at the weekly Friday morning club mini. Played a fun, tough wooded course pretty darn well (for me!). Woods golf is real tough for me, so I was happy with my performance. I threw Comets and Leopards off the tee a lot, kept them right right down the middle, and, overall, just played my round very smart.

Small turnout, so I didn't win much, but cashing is cashing!

Just got back from my round. Threw a 60 (+6), but the highlight was my first ever 3 on a 550 footer. I rolled my DX Leo for about 300, ripped an almost perfect Tangent approach for 220, and drained the 30 foot putt.

I also had a somewhat magic moment driving. On hole 16, I remembered what Sidewinder22 said about making sure your reach back hits it's peak as you're moving forward. I threw my Leo 310 feet, which is my best drive ever with that disc, and one of my furthest throws with any disc. It felt so good too. I need to practice that more during my next round.

Just got back from my round. Threw a 60 (+6), but the highlight was my first ever 3 on a 550 footer. I rolled my DX Leo for about 300, ripped an almost perfect Tangent approach for 220, and drained the 30 foot putt.

I also had a somewhat magic moment driving. On hole 16, I remembered what Sidewinder22 said about making sure your reach back hits it's peak as you're moving forward. I threw my Leo 310 feet, which is my best drive ever with that disc, and one of my furthest throws with any disc. It felt so good too. I need to practice that more during my next round.

Sounds like your day was like mine. Played our local 21 hole course, shot a 63 which is -1 if pro -6 as an AM. I got my first 3 on a 615 footer... drove my King 350ish (which is close to if not my furthest throw with that guy)... Hyzered it around some trees and parked it and tapped for 3, never done that... good day!!!
:hfive::hfive::hfive:

Lots of practice putting and driving yesterday at the Pines in Mandeville, LA (which is a sweet course; I need to take some pictures for DGCR).

I had trouble syncing with the Underworlds: the 10-ish mph wind didn't help with that, but it wasn't the wind alone, I just wasn't clicking. When I'm off with those things, I just can't control their turn.

The Stags were a different story: threw some beautiful drives with them, most notably a few tree-snaking S curves (one of which even earned applause from a passer-by!). Still can't always predict how my beating-in Tournament will hold an anhyzer, but I've gotten some amazing flights out of that disc.

Putting was so-so: I feel as though I've hit a plateau with it at the moment. Everything from 15' and in is good barring a brain fart, but 15'-20' is so-so and it gets iffier after that. More frustrating is that I don't feel as though I'm getting more accurate at the longer ranges despite my practice. Oh well; it just takes time I guess.

Sounds like your day was like mine. Played our local 21 hole course, shot a 63 which is -1 if pro -6 as an AM. I got my first 3 on a 615 footer... drove my King 350ish (which is close to if not my furthest throw with that guy)... Hyzered it around some trees and parked it and tapped for 3, never done that... good day!!!
:hfive::hfive::hfive:

Nice! Yea it's pretty sweet when you can put 2-3 really good throws together and get that three on long holes.

I played 18 yesterday. I ended up EVEN. It was the first time playing with my new Star Wraith that I got for a flicker and it works better than expected. I birdied 3 holes because of it allowing me to drive for 300'+. I've never been able to do that before so it's changed things a bit and I'm pretty happy about it.

Mixed feelings on the day. Driving was inconsistent, kept letting go a little early/ a little late but still very recoverable. Approaches are where the day shined. Couldn't go wrong with my mid's today. Kept dropping them nearly on top of the basket from 80-160' out. Then... the Putting... *sigh*.... missed 4-5 from inside 15', and 3 or 4 from 15-25'....

was working on my 360 spin drives and threw one 530'ish with an Archon. my son said "woah."

...awesome.

Shot a -4 at Georgetown today. It's a little 9 hole course. It was the first time I've played there and to my surprise it was a fun little course. Almost got my first ace (that's like the billionth almost ace for me). One day it'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts