• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went out today at William Jewell College and hadn't been playing very well and the trend continued. Went through with some pretty crappy drives and upshots so I was looking forward to ending my round and going home. However, this round turned into one of my favorite rounds of all-time very quickly...

I was collecting a couple of my drives on #5 and was just about to throw my upshot/approach at the basket when I saw this kid walking down the hill towards me, he was probably about 6 or 7. I threw my approach and then looked back and saw the kid was right next to me. He asked me what I was doing and everything so I tried to explain to him the best I could what the sport was called and everything as I walked down towards my putt. I holed out and handed him my putter to see if he wanted to throw it. He gave it a few throws from about 5-10 feet away and the last time it went into the basket. By this time he was smiling and, after me again what the sport was called, ran back up to his parents who were watching from the road. At the end both of us were smiling and I could hear him talking to his parents about it as I walked towards hole 6.

Made my freaking day, and made it possibly one of the best rounds I have ever played.

Went to the forest today where we have a crazy object course. Played the "where the hell is the fairway" layout, called so cause it is usually the first reaction we get when we show the course to somebody.

Didnt shoot too bad, had a -5 on 13 holes. Had some really nice drives and also realised once again how much easier trees are to hit compared to baskets.

Had to look for the same disc 10 minutes twice ( consecutive drives ) and gave up both times just to find it laying 1 meter off the fairway that I walked home on. Also found the disc of a buddy that we looked for for 20 minutes earlyer this month, it was on a totally different hole. And the dog got lots of exercise ^^

Played fairly well until i slightly injured my foot and tried to play catch up on the last 4 holes. should have tied for 1st, but bogeyed 2 of the last 4 holes, by trying to do too much with my approaches. I was safely in 2nd, so no risk in going for it, but still dropped 2 stupid shots there, and I hate bogeying on this course. Hopefully will redeem and not make stupid decisions tonight at doubles.

I've learned that my decision making is suspect. I must think a little too highly of my skills sometimes, and go for shots that just don't make sense. The rounds where i limit that, I score VERY well. The ones i try to do too much, I suck. I think doubles hurts me in this regard, as the move in random doubles is "Go for it!" which is polar opposite of my normal playing style.

Played a putter only round earlier. Bogeyed short holes with OB drives, and parked all the longer holes. Had a lot of fun even if it went different than expected. 351' parkjob with no wind assistance was satisfying with my Ion.

Got ace #4 and first one in 14 months on the first throw of the day. Knob Hill hole 15, whites to 15C, 165 feet. Lazered a zone right through the gap and it hit dead perfect. My second shortest ace, but by far the most difficult. I also took home the CTP. :D

rhv0gx.jpg

Unfortunately my partner and I still played like poo and couldn't hit a putt the entire round, so we didn't win. I'll take the two hundo for the ace though!

Miss just about every fracking window by about a millimeter. Had fun though.

I went up to a pitch + putt course today with a bag of putters and a driver I needed to beat in. I haven't thrown much for rollers before so I figured I'd give it a shot. I was fairly happy with how my river was rolling, but after doing some reading, I'm going to try some different discs for rollers.
Putters were bombing some safari holes I made up.
Putting was doing great, hitting a ton from 25+ consistently.
And to finish off 27 holes before work I hit metal on the very last hole. Satisfying day of discing before work. Tomorrow a friend and I are going to play private courses all day. Friday a friend and I are going to trip up to Hibbing and play the North Hibbing course (played multiple times) and the Side Lake course. (which I haven't played before, it's rated 3.80 for a 9 holer!)

Miserably. Threw a +10 at my club league night. I couldn't make a putt and never got into a rhythm. I really need to learn how to adjust to a slow pace of play.

Have a good round today. :)

I liked that Renegade from the July SS deal so much, I bought a DD misprint pack and played a DD/Lat64/Westside misprint round today. :thmbup:

The only non-misprints I used today were my Challenger for upshots and APX (when I actually had to "putt," from about 8' - 50' or so). Was getting such distance and placement off the tee that my upshots were a lot closer and easier, leading to a lot of can't miss putts.

FIRST CONGATS to joshmo65 on his ace!!!!

As far as my day... I was pleased. Im still very much a beginner still in my second month, so I don't rate my play as much by score but how was I throwing, I take it one throw at a time.

I was playing a very wooded course and although I still get the crazy shot off to the left or right, more and more seem to be heading in the general direction I hope for. One of the things I find frustrating is that some holes are so heavily wooded that even a good throw requires a fair amount of luck in order to clear the trees and place a good tee shot close.. but so is the game, risk reward play safe or hope I make it through the trees,

There is also another course close that is the opposite, very wide open with few tree to weave through.. I plan on playing this course tomorrow. So Today in preparation I went to the soccer field to practice my drives and my focus was to try and work on my forehand shot I need a shot that will end fading to the right. Well I took a couple over stable drivers and was quite pleased with the distance and the fact that most all ended to the right. I did try throwing a light weight driver a 150grm Dragon and didnt have near the success as I did with the heavier OS drivers. Also when throwing my MIDS I found if I slowed it down even they were fading to the right,,,,
So all in all it was a good day..

Status
Not open for further replies.