• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to play Mae Simmons in Lubbock this morning instead of my usual course and boy I threw bad. Mae has a lot of trees and I think I hit every single one of them twice. Lost my newest disc (Pink Z Zombee) and scored 18 over par. I still had a blast!

Putted pretty crappily, and the wind made my Underworlds a bit unpredictable. Been dialing them in on hyzerflips, though, and it was great to see some continued improvement. I've also been toying with forehand rollers since playing a round with Conner Jones a month or two back! Unpredictable as hell for me, but a lot of fun, and every now and again they make me look like a genius.

Headed out for a short round, only been 4 months since I've played and it being 104 was fun as well. Surprisingly very few players out, but it allowed me some good practice time to throw 2 or more at the same time and not delay anyone. Just found the mother of all sticky burrs and will be cleaning up for the next few days.

pulled my left trapezius on hole one of hyland on thurs, finished the round out but was feelin it the whole time. drank lots of beers that night and headed back this morning.

absolutely killed it all day. brought 7 westside discs in a backpack and just parred and birdied everything. headed to gggt after hyland and bought a tourny warship and giant and another black swan. cruised to bryant and continued the slaughter, 4 down after nine holes. finished strong with my westside bag and played under par all day. my mvp stuff is shaking in its boots.

55 at Waterworks.... that was with a 5 on hole 6... clipped a tree on the drive... Hope I can repeat with a couple of more birds tomorrow(Midwest Amateur Championship) I missed some putts today or would have been under....

horrible. all the rain and summer heat, the course was playing like a wet sponge on the surface of the sun. started feeling it around 8 and got worse from there. noticed i was lazy arming my up shots, rushing them and basically just playing to finish. belly full of a heavy lunch didn't help matters either.

I'm pretty pumped right now. shot a personal best yesterday at a nearby course and a personal best on my home course today. while they were both over (+2) I feel I've made great progress since starting 5 months ago. I think shooting even or maybe 1 or 2 under is reachable by the end of this year.

I'm pretty pumped right now. shot a personal best yesterday at a nearby course and a personal best on my home course today. while they were both over (+2) I feel I've made great progress since starting 5 months ago. I think shooting even or maybe 1 or 2 under is reachable by the end of this year.

I'm hanging right there with you as a noob. Feel good about your rounds and build off of them! Glad to hear you are feeling like you are going in the right direction!

I didn't play my best golf today but I defended my bag tag and had ALOT of fun. I parked a few upshots in the 320 to 330 range. If I could putt worth a damn Id be a little happier. Newborn twins took that practice time away but I wouldn't change a thing. :)

I've been working on my RHFH (MVP Shock) quite a bit and decided to play the front 9 at my local course RHBH, and the back 9 RHFH (Champion Viking).

Forehand won out by one stroke (monster/lucky putt), so I'm pretty damn happy at my RHFH progession.

Played my first ace race today at Willow Stream park and Twin Creeks park IL today. I played alright, when I started I played really bad (throwing too low or releasing too high or too far to the right), but I had a few shots that came close to the basket. Sadly, I got nothing; I did hit the side of the basket on one hole, but that wasn't during the event. I loved the whole experience, I'll do it again next year, and hopefully by then I will be more of a sharpshooter, and maybe have my first ace.

Shot really well today and got the win today at the Blueberry Jam at Flat Rock in Athol, MA. Never shot better than a 60 at that course and went into it expecting to finish middle of the pack, but I got super focused and was nailing some tight lines and making all my putts. Ended up shooting a 55 and 57 to win Am1 by 3 strokes. Best shot of the day for me was nailing a 100 foot downhill flick for a chip in.

I played in a match play tournament my local club put on yesterday. Shot a personal best in my first round to win, got a bye in the second, shot two worse in the third round but won, and tied my personal best in the 4 person championship round to win it all!

I was in the zone. The course we played is traditionally my worst of the three local courses, but I managed to play it better than I ever have before. I stayed focused, but loose, and just played my game. Other than a circle 5 with two more holes to go that blew my bogey-free 1st round I had no real mistakes. Of course I had some bad shots, but I recovered great and, more importantly, stayed on an even keel. And from my first drive to the final putt, I felt like I had the tournament as long as I just played my game.

Winning is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts