• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tale of two rounds for me. I shot my best score ever at Lafreniere (+11, which doesn't sound too hot, until you factor in pro tees + all par 3s by default (some ridiculously so) + 24 holes + some serious wind). Bombed at City Park this afternoon, however, pulling in a very ugly +9. I can think of three or four putts I should well have landed. It was one of "those" rounds for pretty much everyone on my card.

Played 18 on the home course and crapped the bed (+3, which at that course is abysmal).

Played 18 on my adopted course about an hour later and shot 6 down!

So, yeah. Down and up.

Beautiful day for it, though.

Heavy Critters, you post too much in this thread, which means you play MUCH more than I do.

:Extremelyjellyface:

Haven't played in a month. 3 weeks ago got rained out by the hardest rain ive seen this year. 2 weeks ago sick all weekend. 1 week ago moved into a new place. This weekend it was my son's first birthday (sat) and today was gonna meet up with a buddy at 6 to cruse through 18 but got rained out. Again.

No worries though. I got to throw in the field next to my house for a bit. Next weekend ill probably play a few times, and labor day week ill be hitting up some tampa area and possibly orlando area courses.

Life is good, i missed no putts today.

shot 5 under then 7 under at mp my second home course. Dropped several drives under the pin, the anode was on fire tonight. The warship crashed cage too, three inches higher would have aced. Good day.

Threw my anode on a 200 foot hole and a guy crapped himself. He had never seen anyone throw a putter off the tee. He is putting ions no less. :wall: needless to say I opened his eyes to a whole new aspect of the game.

shot 5 under then 7 under at mp my second home course. Dropped several drives under the pin, the anode was on fire tonight. The warship crashed cage too, three inches higher would have aced. Good day.

Threw my anode on a 200 foot hole and a guy crapped himself. He had never seen anyone throw a putter off the tee. He is putting ions no less. :wall: needless to say I opened his eyes to a whole new aspect of the game.

:hfive:

NICE!

Had a pretty rough round at Mt. Airy... shot +10, an shot +2 in a round of doubles after that. Thank God for my partner.

Played a +14.. I know that sounds terrible but I haven't played an actual round in two weeks. Plus it's a very tough course.. I got frustrated when I saw my score but when I got home I saw it's actually my high score (from rounds I've recorded). I'm actually very happy with my performance.

Didn't get my tourney on this weekend, but met up with some Blue Ridge area guys and played Liberty University. Threw a respectable 61, but missed a lot of putts. Really didn't play well until the back 9. Looking forward to playing every day I can for the next three weeks until school responsibilities consume me. :)

Played a modified (9 hole) to an 18 hole course on the EOU Campus course in La Grande, Or with all the local DG'ers in our once a month tourney. I ended up tying for first in the open division and won the play off for outright 1st place. It was my first time out at the tourney and I had a blast!

Shot -1 for the day in the tournament at flip city, way to many bogeys. The comet was a birdie machine though, winning a ctp and leading to double digit birdies :D Had several comet flick shots in the 150'-200' just miss the basket too :)
Took home 8 discs including several more crystal comets :p

Played two rounds of flip dubs with some friends yesterday. My aim was way off and couldn't hit a putt outside of 15'. My partner for the first round helped us win by three by canning an ace on #12. I was happy with the win but not too pleased with my "contributions". Final score was 50-53.

The second round I was playing against my former partner. He ends up skip-aceing #1 and then kept nailing 50-90' putts. They ended up scoring a 19 on the front nine. Meanwhile, I'm still playing poorly and we score a 28 on the front nine. Hole #12 was the turning point, my game picked up and we ended up only losing by four. We just couldn't make up nine throws in nine holes. I was happy that we got five throws back though. Final score was 48-52. At least we were under par for the rounds.

Prior to the start of the first round, my buddy that had two aces on the day, had said that he was going to ace before the wrist brace he was wearing (fractured wrist) was to be taken off. From my perspective, I don't know what's worse, him hitting two aces on the day, he's playing with a broken wrist, the fact that he called the ace, or that I still haven't recorded an ace. He's been playing the last few weeks with the brace and has been more accurate and consistent than ever before. I think he'll probably play with the brace from now on as it has helped him clean up his form a bit. So, in the end, I'm actually happy that he's becoming more competition for me.

Played Sierra College first thing Sunday morning ~ shot a +4 on really difficult, amazing course. Moved on to Truckee Regional and shot real well for 13 holes sitting @-1 then proceeded to blow up and finish at +2.
Finished the day at Incline Village and opened the round at +4 after 5 holes. I had my best recovery ever and shot my personal best 7 birdies on a pretty short but technical course and finish @ -2 and take the lowest tag. My 12 year old son had his best round ever @ Truckee with a +1 and beating the group.

Awesome today.

I shot 13 under at Warriors and I shot 8 under par at Wingdeer.

I also got my 17th Ace today. :D

Shot three down on the home course over 18 which isn't great, but got to play with my 10 year old son who was back from vacation at my parents' farm, so it was a blast to play and hear about all of the hijinks. :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts