• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing tonight for my final real practice session(multiple throws per hole, play from worst shot, etc). Will play again friday before the tourney saturday, but it will be more of a tourney style round, 1 throw per hole, etc. More to just loosen up and get some focus down for tourney.

Played the best round of my life today. Shot a -4 at Crestmont this afternoon. My goal before the end of the year was to break par. Had gotten it down to even a few weeks ago and then had a few rounds in the +4/5 range so I was a little disappointed in that I felt like I was regressing a little. Turned it around today as everything was clicking and I was def IN THE ZONE. Was a pretty cool feeling.

Absolutely horrible. I lost two discs, I took a huge chip out of one of my Pures. The only thing that saved the day was I got a call when I got home on an MRV I lost in Montana in April.

Had a blast today! Played Sibly in Bismarck ND. 24 holes of fun. I didn't have any aces but I didn't loose any discs and am always improving haven't hit that plateau yet.

50 degrees, partly sunny, winds 5 to 15 mph. Had an average round of 24 holes at Great Blue Heron in Norwalk, Ohio. BUT.... I drained an 80 foot shot on 13 which had the rest of my noob brothers in awe. Disc King for a day, that's me!

Drive is coming back around. Total form issue. I'm finally getting my Vikings out where they need to be instead of turning and burning them.

Gotta stop watching so many damn videos and overthinking every nuance of my throw. Grip it and rip it.

Amirite?

6 down on the home course with the dog in tow.

Pretty nice fall afternoon.

Struggled with all 27 at Brant Hambrink, in the long positions for the first time (fall traveling league). Kept it under triple digits. :(

Then stopped in at Blendon Woods, Worthington Flats (my old stomping grounds, circa 1973), and checked out Roger Reynolds (don't bother), all before trekking back home to Cincy.

new form is coming around ... no knee pain and no elbow pain ... feels good :D

Played pretty crappy today. I had a kink in my throw most of the morning. Managed a couple good shots later in the round that made me feel a bit better.

Finally feel like I've made significant improvements to my game by switching to fewer molds. Putting was on fire, made everything inside 30 and a few 40-50 that were dropping in or hitting chains/basket with consistency. Shot -4, -2 at my local course with a bogey on both rounds. Feeling good. The comet/wizard combo is unstoppable. I really don't find myself usi g anything else in the woods. Practiced thumbers and tomahawks, pancake skip approaches. Actually got to use one, pretty cool to see it come in handy! Since I throw rhbh, lhfh, I really am trying to become proficient with many different shots from the left side.

I stunk up the courses in the Tulsa Okie Open.... I took myself out of the final 4 in the the 3rd round...It was a great day to play disc golf though... I'll get'm next time..

Had a good time and learning experience at the local practice area. Practiced my drives and new drivers. I may have replaced my two Wahoos that are getting too inconsistent due to breaking in too fast with a Champ and a Starlite Tern. Threw possibly my longest drive ever on flat ground with no wind assistance using the Star. Also practiced putting on the Discatchers. I've been practicing my putting almost daily for 15-20 minutes over the last 2-3 weeks at home on my Skillshot. It distinctly transferred into much more confidence and consistency on the Discatchers. Looks like my game continues to move in the right direction.

Then I played 9 holes on my home course and shot 1.5 throws below my average even though it was dark and I couldn't see the basket at all on hole #9. :clap:

Played great on 9-23 and 1 (started on 9) at Sandy Creek doubles, I was the odd dog, was tied with another group that was playing well.

2-7 (hole 8 got taken out a while ago) I played like terrible. Got a triple bogey, a double bogey, and two normal bogeys. With like, one bogey the entire first 2/3ds of the round.

Drive is coming back around. Total form issue. I'm finally getting my Vikings out where they need to be instead of turning and burning them.

Gotta stop watching so many damn videos and overthinking every nuance of my throw. Grip it and rip it.

Amirite?

6 down on the home course with the dog in tow.

Pretty nice fall afternoon.

Yes, youarerite!

bit of a rough day Saturday in my final sanctioned tourney of the year. Should end up being 2 rounds over my rating, but these are courses I play a ton, and shot about 4 shots below my avg on each, still only 2 shots out of the money for the day. (Conditions weren't ideal, cold and windy, but still)

But taking in the fact these should be above my rating, and it'll knock off 2 rounds that were WAY below my rating, my rating should go up nicely in the next ratings update.

We held a course clean-up, fundraiser tourney this weekend. Only 2 divisions - Pro-Am. My son and I showed up late because we had a baseball game that morning. I entered in Pro, my son in Am and he won the Am division by 3 strokes. I was carded with our club's top pros and was sorta nervous at the first tee. There were 2 good drives before me, within putting range (315' slightly downhill, with a tree in the center of the fairway and the basket back under and in front of another tree-mostly a hyzer approach from the right). I threw a 164 Star Tern pretty hard and flat - it hyzer flipped and held a line right at the basket. It looked like it was going to be low but skip up nicely. It caught a little air bounce and hit dead center - right above the basket rim!! I thought it had bounced off the basket and my buddies were yelling, giving me high-fives and I turned around and could see it in the basket.
What a day! My first ace ever, tournament ace ($50 by our sponsor), and FIRST SHOT of the tournament . Needless to say, I completely forgot how to putt the rest of the round (missed at least 5 putts from 15-20 ft) but I ran everything with this permanent, stupid grin on my face. I almost aced again on holes 10 & 11 and missed both birdie putts! What a great day - I'll never forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts