• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played random draw doubles at a tight, technical course that I haven't played in a few months. Was ok on drives. Solid on approaches. Absolute $$$ on putts. Hit 3 over 35' which is amazing for me. Ended up 2nd and took home some $ as icing on the cake.

Aahh played great.... almost. Par on everything except holes 5 and 9; triple bogey and bogey (un)respectively. But putting was awesome and I launched my furthest drive ever so it wasnt all bad.

Left all my favorite discs at home except my putter and tied my personal best score... Makes me think.

Played from the longs at the Farm in Farmington, MI. -1 for a 995 rated round . Now using the UDisc+ App for the phone....very nice indeed!

played an extremely hard course today. and by that i mean playing the par 3 general rule, i was shooting +8 by the first 9. fairways were wide enough for only an atv to get through. water. hills. hell yes. lost my gstarrr sw though. didnt ruin my day it was complete serenity out on the course. only thing i heard besides me and nature was 2 cars total. god damm i love that course. its hidden lake in st. augusta mn. truly is a beauty in the day.

anyways idk how i finished. i skipped two water holes since i forgot my water disc and didnt want to lose another. doesnt really matter my score when playing a course like that...wow its fantastic. i think its my favorite course.

Actually won doubles tonight at Mathews Park, in Monroe GA. (-13) My partner is a much better disc golfer than me, and carried us to the win, but I made a couple long putts, and parked a few holes with my ESP Comet, including a pole hit on 7. Still frustrating to have 3-4 low putts that hit the top of the basket before bouncing off. We could have scored even better.

Tuesday night I was spot on. Hitting my lines & putts and coming in with a +4 on White Cedar, -2 with my handicap.

Wednesday for random doubles was a different story. Hole 1 of White Cedar I torqued my volt over and lost it. Couldn't drive, but had a little putting left in me. Somehow my partner and I held it together and took second with a -1.

shot -5 first round at calvary. played for par and tried to birdie the easy ones.

pressed my luck for a second round, shot -5 as well. but birdied a few different holes. wind had picked up some too.

going out tomorrow with a buddy so ill have a witness. and also going to look for my lost gstarrr sw tomorrow as well.

Played Seneca Creek from the long tees this evening. More deer than disc golfers, even though the weather was beautiful. Favorite drive was a practice throw on #25B long (386' downhill). First drive with an FD Jackal faded out a hair early and hit a late tree. Practice throw with a Star Tern hit the line perfectly and just kept going, finishing a good 80' past the hole.

Most of the baskets were short, so playing the long tees resulted in lots of pars. I did manage to birdie #15 and 16. A very pleasant evening.

+2...not a good round. No birds, drove bad and putted worse. On a positive note I really realized today that no matter how I am playing my Buzzz always flies great!

first time playing in my local doubles league and I won some money!

*not because I played well... but because I was paired with a pro**! lol

** the guy is probably the top player the state. watching him do 375 tunnel turnover shots (through 15ft wooded fairways the whole way through), and almost ace a 492ft hole (through a 15 foot window and over a 15ft high bush/shrub 100ft away from the basket were things I didn't think were possible on this course and was awesome to see/aspire to try to do.

I heard that the league best for our course was -5 for the year. I went OB once and missed 7 putts from within the circle tonight, and finished at -3. Arrrgh! To my credit, my cardmates were ready to call the cops and report the all the robberies.

I wish putting practice was anywhere as remotely as fun as driving practice.

Last edited:
Played bad overall - bogeys abound, got my Dragon stuck in a tree and had to chuck rocks at the branches to get it out. On the upside I started dedicating myself to throwing my putter on the low 200 foot holes. Pretty interesting but also fun.

+2...not a good round. No birds, drove bad and putted worse. On a positive note I really realized today that no matter how I am playing my Buzzz always flies great!

Try +6, which included 2 miraculous (for me) 75' birdies on a home course where I normally cash with -3/4.

But I didn't get any chiggers or poison ivy. Glass is always half full on the course!

I shot a personal best 59 at Iwen North tonight!!! It might have been a couple strokes better, but some jerks decided to park their vehicles in the middle of hole 14's fairway, which rattled me a bit. DGCR rated it at 995, which is unreal for my sub-900 rated butt.

Like garbage. I threw a +9 on the back 9, and got a +13 for the round. :|

I felt very sluggish and tired. My arm gave out after the first few holes and I had nothing left in the tank. Blah. What a forgettable round.

45 holes today and didnt do well except in a two man scramble, -2 on 18 holes. He was much better than I so well most shots were his but we did use some of mine so I contributed some. Had fin though which is what counts.

I shot really crappy by most standards; +15 and +7 at Walhalla's course, went with a buddy and his roommate. The first round I missed some birdie and par putts that I really wanted, went in the water on one hole, and got caught in trees on two holes for triple bogeys. The second round, I still missed some putts, but mainly either too high or too low but on target, and finished with back to back birdies.

The main takeaways for me were to invest in multiple putters (did get a beat R-pro Aviar from a guy in the parking lot, I'll probably pick up some DXs the next time I can get to an Academy) to practice, and even if you're going to get a bogey for sure, it's better to just pitch out than trying to use a disc like a machette on trees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts