• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying out some new stuff putting, seemed to go well. I need to actually spend some time doing it on the practice basket and see if it will work for long-term consistency.

Also still working with some Champ Thunderbirds. I like them so far, need some more figuring out.

one of those days

ever have a round where you can't get a putt to feel normal? i had a few awesome shots but only made one putt, and it was a comeback longer than the one i missed.

Went bogey free with one bird at Plantation Ruins for a minus 1. Not bad for having serious medical issues (starting chemo/radiation tomorrow; surgery late January). Probably will not be able to play again until next August--I'll be going stir crazy!

My prayers are going out to you may God watch over you.

Not bad actually. Threw a +4 on my local course which is my best so far. Been working on the Beato Drill and it's increased my distance dramatically. Some of the baskets I used to struggle reaching on my drive are now being overthrown. Really helped improve my game.

Oh and most importantly I sank a 60 ft. putt. Gave it a Hyzer shot and expected to get around the bushes and set myself up for a par, but heard that lovely CHINK we all love to hear. Furthest putt for me so far. It was glorious.

Tied the course record at Knobley Mt. DGC yesterday playing a 3 disc round... FLX Buzzz, DX Aviar P&A, JK Aviar just for putting.

That was two personal bests tied in two days on two different courses. Pretty sweet!

Squeezed in a quick 9 hole loop at my home course before work this morning. Didn't have my bag in the truck but always keep a Wizard and DX Roc in the truck so just threw those. Bogeyed the first hole when I splashed out from ~20', birdied the second, and shot par on the rest. Even is a fine score for me on that loop, especially disced down. I've been working on throwing real easy and smooth and have been throwing really clean recently because of it.

I've been reading a lot here and watching videos. Yesterday I only threw three discs, took my time, and focused on my throw instead of trying to rip it. Stayed out of the rough for the entire round.

Played my best round ever at +12. Only one double bogey. I probably could have avoided that but we rushed the last four holes to avoid getting locked in the park.

Threw two and a half rounds at Mt Zion today. Screwed up for a plus 3 the first round, then met up with a friend and played the first four holes, then his friends came and we threw a full 9 which was much better than the first. Almost aced hole 3 and had two birdies. Ended up +1 just need to stop getting that one hole where everything screws up :wall:

I got someone to not buy a groove.

And shot great on White Cedar last night. Coming into hole 16 I was at even, but carded a stroke on 16 and 17 with some bad drives/upshots.

had two great rounds at Ellison Monday. First round was -5 and the Second was -8. birdied the hole 12 both rounds and finally birdied 13 during the second round. I've birdied all but 2 holes on the course.

threw a 69 on the 24 hole kaposia layout. that's with a nickel, a couple bogeys and 3-4 missed putts. my driving was pretty on-point. feels good, brah.

We've had a week full of awesome weather - and the past 2 days I had plans for a round or 2 only to have last minute work craziness run over and cause me to miss out. Fast forward to today - and its happening again. Crazy afternoon, last minute deliverable - GAH!!!!!!!! Oh well, I got out late, changed quick and rushed to the course - I was playing today one way or the other. I had the course to my self so I played 2 discs (long & mid tees) and WOW was it great to be out. I ended up shooting a solid round from the longs (3 off my best) and setting a best from the mid tees by 4(!) strokes. I managed to pick up birds on 3 holes I've never hit (from that tee) including absolutely parking a blind FH hyzer just 5' from the pin. I've missed a few long looks for bird on that one but was stoked to park it.

Getting the late start put some time pressure on and I ended up jogging a few holes and still ran out of daylight. Got a good scare on 18 as I crushed my drive with my favorite disc (seasoned sidewinder) and got a bit more turn on it and put it right up next to the tree line as the light was almost gone I lost site of it landing. Took 15 mins of searching with my phone light - but finally found it. /whew

But most importantly - wow did it feel great to be on the course after 3 straight days of work craziness.

Meh. Played Kenwood trail, finished -2. Did some stupid stuff, did some good stuff. Nailed chains on hole 8 with a flippy polecat backhand but it didn't stick. :(

played a tourney on saturday B-tier(naptown throwdown), intermediate tied for 7th out of 23. First round killed me, second round leap frogged a couple people to get last cash. (got a G-star teebird)

sunday, local Tourney at a private course(mohawk) if you ever in Indy area well worth the trip. Some what of a home course as i have played it enough. Signed up for intermediate, the locals were calling me bagger before i started. The TD put me on an all Advanced card. With the chatter and being the only INT on the advanced card, told the TD to just put me in advanced.

Ended up winning by 3, which was a good feeling. Not sanctioned but got an advanced win under my belt.

Funny thing is I would have finished 4th in intermediate.

50 holes on Saturday and 48 on Sunday. I am sore, aint no spring chicken anymore.

Threw a couple rounds at a course I haven't played in a couple months, and did alright. More bomber holes, and the drives are shaping up nicely..was hitting 350-370 consistently, which is something new for me. Just wish I could have putted better. Either way, came out under par both rounds on a course, that even a year ago, I usually came out +4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts