• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with a putter, mid and fairway driver yesterday. Played all three discs from their lie each time. I made a few pars over what was essentially 54 holes. All pars were made with the putter. I ripped it farther than both the others on a lot of my drives. It's frustrating to not throw the others farther, but I am getting out around 200' with the putter.

I lost my go-to DX Leopard to the wind and some very thick rhododendron in the mountains Saturday. Easily my longest throw ever, but sucked to lose the first driver I ever bought.

2014-09-28%2014.43.27.jpg

Despite the ratty bag, beat plastic & frosty cold beverages, I managed to hold onto the #1 tag through two rounds last weekend against over 30 challengers! (including a + 1.000 rated pro)

I played okay.

Just got back into playing seriously, and the form and game is coming back nicely. Shot a +5 today. Was holding a +2 but had some mental lapse and errant shots on the last couple of holes to pick up some bogeys.

The putting was on fire today though. Draining everything from within 25 feet. Had issues with the driving game today. Throwing everything at the ground.

got my ass kicked my aim. and lost a double or nothing by my neighbor.

a liter is almost missing if thats an excuse

great day though good players. someone buttered my flicks though. every one slipped out early

great... didnt make it to the course before dark so i stopped at my local shop. im now $80 poorer

Played pretty darn good. Went -2 just goofing off after a long day at work while trying new discs and shots. Would have been -4 if I didn't have my one double bogie. I had so many close putts I should have ended the game -7 or 8 had i been on top of my putting game D:

Not bad. -2 at kp. Fieldwork has shown through in my round. Also applied some driving disc orientation advice to my putting which has done wonders. No more super nose down means more accurate putts. I like it.

Got in 2 rounds at my home course (mid & short tees). Tied my personal best on the shorts and shot decent on the mids. The highlight was picking up 2 birdies I've never hit before. From the shorts I FINALLY got hole 1. Its only ~500' par 4...but there is elevation and OB in just the wrong places to make it a real challenge. Decent drive left me at the bottom of the ditch (fairway is mowed large ditch area in that part). Needing to clear the hill that's right in front of me ~20' high and 40* angle up. Had to hit the height I needed and the gap (20') forced me to have some anny on the disc to stay online. Also uphill overall from there. My sidewinder cleared the grass at the top by 3" on a perfect line. I scramble up the hill to see it finish....dead on line, 10' below the pin for an uphill putt. Drain it. SWEET.

I also managed to hit my first bird on #6 mid tee. ~640' par 5 with some evil placed OB dry lakes that have always had me laying up before the 1st lake and making a bird next to impossible. Finally got my first drive crushed and well placed to give me a shot to make the next carry. Nail it and my short upshot. Easy 4. Score!

I did have 2 get away that I really regret. The first of those is #4 short. The only remaining short hole that I haven't managed to birdie. It is 330 fairly straight & open except for the end. The length is the biggest challenge for me as 300' is tops on a good day unless I really rip one. To make it more fun although most of the flight is open with lots of choices, you have a tight window to fade in cleanly and leave a ~20' putt if you get some skip. Or...if you feel lucky you can try and go straight>fade and crash through the small group of trees and hope plinko drops you on the right side for a putt (and not knocks you back from where you came - and OB). Typically I try and get a full rip on it - figuring a good drive will have a shot at hitting the gap - a great one will take a gamble at making it through. Today I hit a great one. Saw it flying right past the gap - crashing into those trees but didn't see the finish. Just hoping for a clean look and some luck. GAH - so close. ~10' short and to the right leaving me a 25' putt that I had to take from my knees due to the branches. Looked perfect - had me all excited - caught a gust and ended top left chains and fell off the rim and out. NO!!!!! ARGH

The other was on 18 mid tees. Completely open, 584' par 4 with the only challenge being the pin is on a decent size elevated mound. The mound is ~10' high, 10' wide nice sloped up the front but only a 5' on each side of the basket and behind and a ~70* slope down the sides and back. Needless to say from ~280-300 out that is an aweful hard ~10x10 area to hit & stick on your second shot. And if you aren't on the hill....you are looking at LEAST at a 10' putt that is 15' up to the basket...not exactly easy. I was hoping to hit high on the hill and get some luck with it sticking in the little taller grass. First shot was pretty good at around 300, leaving me ~280 to go. Looked good out of the hand. Fading in just right - SMACK - dead in the side of the hill.........and it rolls.....NOOOOOOO....all the way down and 5' away from the bottom. So now I've got a ~20' putt 15' up. Oh well, I've never birdied this so I'm going for it. Try and guestimate the height I need. Looks good.....DONG.....2" low on the rim. ARGH! Thankfully it didn't roll. So close. Oh well.

Got in 2 rounds at my home course (mid & short tees). Tied my personal best on the shorts and shot decent on the mids. The highlight was picking up 2 birdies I've never hit before. From the shorts I FINALLY got hole 1. Its only ~500' par 4...but there is elevation and OB in just the wrong places to make it a real challenge. Decent drive left me at the bottom of the ditch (fairway is mowed large ditch area in that part). Needing to clear the hill that's right in front of me ~20' high and 40* angle up. Had to hit the height I needed and the gap (20') forced me to have some anny on the disc to stay online. Also uphill overall from there. My sidewinder cleared the grass at the top by 3" on a perfect line. I scramble up the hill to see it finish....dead on line, 10' below the pin for an uphill putt. Drain it. SWEET.

I also managed to hit my first bird on #6 mid tee. ~640' par 5 with some evil placed OB dry lakes that have always had me laying up before the 1st lake and making a bird next to impossible. Finally got my first drive crushed and well placed to give me a shot to make the next carry. Nail it and my short upshot. Easy 4. Score!

I did have 2 get away that I really regret. The first of those is #4 short. The only remaining short hole that I haven't managed to birdie. It is 330 fairly straight & open except for the end. The length is the biggest challenge for me as 300' is tops on a good day unless I really rip one. To make it more fun although most of the flight is open with lots of choices, you have a tight window to fade in cleanly and leave a ~20' putt if you get some skip. Or...if you feel lucky you can try and go straight>fade and crash through the small group of trees and hope plinko drops you on the right side for a putt (and not knocks you back from where you came - and OB). Typically I try and get a full rip on it - figuring a good drive will have a shot at hitting the gap - a great one will take a gamble at making it through. Today I hit a great one. Saw it flying right past the gap - crashing into those trees but didn't see the finish. Just hoping for a clean look and some luck. GAH - so close. ~10' short and to the right leaving me a 25' putt that I had to take from my knees due to the branches. Looked perfect - had me all excited - caught a gust and ended top left chains and fell off the rim and out. NO!!!!! ARGH

The other was on 18 mid tees. Completely open, 584' par 4 with the only challenge being the pin is on a decent size elevated mound. The mound is ~10' high, 10' wide nice sloped up the front but only a 5' on each side of the basket and behind and a ~70* slope down the sides and back. Needless to say from ~280-300 out that is an aweful hard ~10x10 area to hit & stick on your second shot. And if you aren't on the hill....you are looking at LEAST at a 10' putt that is 15' up to the basket...not exactly easy. I was hoping to hit high on the hill and get some luck with it sticking in the little taller grass. First shot was pretty good at around 300, leaving me ~280 to go. Looked good out of the hand. Fading in just right - SMACK - dead in the side of the hill.........and it rolls.....NOOOOOOO....all the way down and 5' away from the bottom. So now I've got a ~20' putt 15' up. Oh well, I've never birdied this so I'm going for it. Try and guestimate the height I need. Looks good.....DONG.....2" low on the rim. ARGH! Thankfully it didn't roll. So close. Oh well.

wrote a novel and i read every word.

sidewinders all day

Crappy. But I pushed through the round cause I had to take down the course today (my home course is a seasonal one on a ski hill). A LOT less discing for me till spring, my next closest course is about 15 miles away, and that one is also seasonal. After that it's over 30 miles to Highbridge and I can't make it out there all the time.

Played my first 27 hole course, Lagoon Valley Park, but didn't get to finish. But I got 3 more people interested in playing after playing this course. I loved the 3 downhill shots that I played. On the 680 foot downhill hole, I bombed my Blizzard Katana off the tee and it was a site to behold. Wow. DeLaveaga, here I come.

Played Triples with the new league at the BRATS course in Ann Arbor, MI with none other than Terry Calhoun and Mark Ellis (Discraft). There were only 6 of us playing, and I had never played the course before, but it was a beautiful morning and a fun round. It was kinda nice to occasionally out-sidearm Mark Ellis, but let's be honest, he's about 30 years older than I am. They were absolute gentlemen.

Only got in one round today...was planning on filming a one disc round with the Soft Envy then a more standard round at my local short course. Storm rolled in so all I got was the one disc round. Four under on that round so pretty satisfied.

4 more rounds in yesterday and I'm feeling it this AM. Beautiful day so I was stoked. 2 rounds at Parma which kicked my butt last I played it in the RFDO (stupid worst ever there of 74). Prior best was a 64 and a managed a 61 and a 65. Took 3 strokes off my best and 13 off my fail tourney round.

Headed over to basil and shot 2 solid rounds there and got in quite a bit of disc seasoning on the trees. All in all a good day to be out & about.

Mixed. Two weekends of digging rocks = sore back and not much distance, but I was hitting lines well off the tee. Missed all of my circle's edge putts but I made not one but two 70' putts, which was nice.

No so nice - halfway through the round my wife texted from the emergency room with a roofing nail in her foot. :eek:

Pretty rainy and windy today, didn't make it to the course, but I did spend a few hours with my basket, practiced against the wind, with the wind, R to L, L to R up hill, down hill.
Learned ALOT about which putters to throw in those circumstances. I feel much better prepared for my next windy round.

Putting in the wind is hard! Even at 20 feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.