• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my local course last night. Just a quick putter/mid round before the sun set. I actually played quite well overall, finishing -3. It's funny - every time I just chill out and throw nothing but low-speed stuff I end up leaving the course quite satisfied with my round. Less digging around in the bushes for drivers that went astray, less difficult shots trying to get out of trouble.

I was at BRP with two buddies, and I was putting the boots to them. At hole 20, I was sitting at 62 strokes, my cardmates were at 69 strokes and 79 strokes. The 79er threw his Opto Blitz into the stench trench, attempted to walk it down, and sank up to his hip in mud. He threw a tantrum and wanted to leave, and since I caught a ride with him, I DNF'd for the first time ever at BRP... Shameful.

Just played a couple rounds at Cedar Hill Park Nashville, TN.

EPIC DG PARK IS EPIC...

It was about 99°F with 90% humidity...lol the air was like hot soup

most of the holes were in the "big boy" layout so 40-50ft of elevation on 370ft or 600ft on downhills. First round I was by myself and ran through playing safe old man golf and shot a 57. 2nd round met up with a cool guy (Charlie from Chattanooga!) and proceeded to blow up and shoot a 63...(I even got an 8 on a hole). Charlie finished with a 53 (nice round!) and I almost got sun stroke.lol

Cedar Hill is probably the best DG course I've played in my short playing time.

I had a living hell inferno game today too. Probably my worst game in years. I either had a touch of heat stroke or I've lost all ability to play. Every drive was 50 feet short and I missed almost all my long putts.

Shot really well for 9 holes, really horribly bad for 5 holes, average for the last 4 holes. Pretty typical for my game this year.

Not sure what the overall impression of today's play was. First round, new PB, yet six missed birdie putts :wall: . Solid par putts were the reason for the new PB on a round without birdies :( . Second round, pretty much kissed any chance of another PB goodbye on the first hole, double bogey. And another slew of missed birdie putts, longer putts than on the first round, but ones could make on a good putting day. Heading for the final tee, was still without a birdie, so a penalty round was looming. But somehow managed to sink a 25-foot death putt (elevated basket on a sharp crest) for birdie. Yet just can't completely get past all those missed opportunites, even if getting a birdie on the final hole of the day did leave a positive vibe.

Also, today was the first time we'd left the course with +2 discs, sadly no lost disc bin at that course (not that it's helped at another of the local courses, that one has been busted open :mad: ).

I played a few rounds with just a mid (Panther) and putter (Magic) round today. The day started out really calm and was great chance to use two discs that I don't throw much. It was very therapeutic. I looked great, I felt great, I played great. Slowing everything down was just what I needed to get out of my mini funk. I try to explain how beneficial these types of rounds are to new players, but they always crinkle their noses in disgust when they realize that it means not throwing a warp speed driver for every tee off.

Later in the day my cardmates and I hastily made a B-line the nearest shelter due to an approaching thunderstorm, we had lightning in less that 5 soon after. We waited under our wooden gazebo for the lightning rainstorm to pass and were back on the course an hour and a half later. Such is life during the monsoon season in Asia.

On the 9 hole courses, I try to limit my disc selection to no more than 6 discs for the round. I feel that in order to get better, I need to get to know my discs intimately so that at any given time, I can make a better selection for that particular shot.

If the course is really short, I'll pack 4 putters and 2 mid range discs.

Simple thread. Just post how you played today.

Showed up to Bryant today at like 10am, 70 degrees and no wind. Looks like they burnt the rough on hole one, which is great. But i've been watching a lot of Metalocalypse lately so i could only think of playing while it was all on fire.

4zgz2r0.jpg

proceeded to bogey the third hole, which is a 240' straight shot, and my whole round fell off. didn't make a damn putt today and scraped by even. i walked off after the front loop.. but saw a hawk catch a snake on my way out. that was cool.

RIP Nolan. Your thread is pretty epic at 162,181 views and nearly topping out at max 5k posts... Troll? Ha. Kiltit.

Played yesterday after work. Went birdie followed by 5 pars, which is good for me. On 7 I slipped during my drive and tweaked my shoulder pretty good. Switched to forehand to save the shoulder. Ended +10. Gross score, but played 6 holes really well!

Took 2nd in my first tournament in intermediate, and won the CTP for that division. Played 48 holes in the blazing sun, I am whipped.

Took second in intermediate during our club tourney even after lighting the dumpster fire that was my putting. Drives saved my bacon more than putting did.

It's amazing how difficult it is to shoot under par when you make zero puts over 15ft. I was lamenting my Saturday tournament and my seven year old said it's a good thing I don't make my living playing disc golf. She's been in time out for 6 hours now.

Also I enjoyed my drive home that took over for 4 hours for 86 miles because EB I-70 was closed. Best day ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts