• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a quick round at the local park course.
It was quite windy but it was a good opportunity to test out the Bard to ensure that it is the glorious RocOS that I have always coveted.

*Spoiler* It is.

Went and participated in the Throw United Presents Discin' Indoors ace race with a few buddies. Had no idea what to expect, it was a putting challenge! Standard ace race rules, 2 for sinking it, 1 for metal hits. Thank the Gods that I had my trusty Star Aviar with me, or else I would have had a bad time. Oddly enough, I sank more shots with my CryZtal Challenger than my beloved Aviar. I finished with a 27, which I thought was pretty good, but some jerk carded a 43, which effectively made me sad. Still had a blast though, it was very strange throwing indoors.

+6 and +4. Not terrible when you consider that my knee was an issue all day. Also, I didn't putt very well but I started to get things back in order.

Down and up were my two rounds, +4 and -3. First round, first hole, one that's been a pretty solid birdie or at least a chance for one with the putt recently, hooked my shot off the tee into the bush, luckily long enough that was almost through it, saved par. And kept on having to save par a lot, teeshots weren't getting anywhere near inside the circle. Until could save pars no more :( . First birdie finally came on hole #12, cranked teeshot actually long, but made the comebacker. Saw a R-L crosswind carry my Rampage WAY left (RHFH), it got no like no fade, just drifted left, then drifted left some more, thanks to snow and ice, at least didn't make into the pond it was going towards. And then a doublebogey to finish the round :wall: .

Second round, changed my disc for hole #1, still almost threw into the same bush, instead went long. Got hold of birdies a bit sooner, made back to back ones, only to follow up with a bogey, but then made another back to back ones, this time with an actually good putt (those were sorely missing today). Birdie on 17 to get to -3, missed one last birdie putt on 18.

First time in a long time wearing other than my winter coats, even though the temperature was around 0C (32F), seemed to get more crank on my teeshots, but kept throwing them too high, not ideal at all in the winds we were playing in.

I 'bout wore myself out. I played Harry Myers in just 1 1/2 hours solo in some crazy wind and was only one throw off of my best score ever there. I have a decent wind game thanks to my buddy who lives out west where the wind never stops. Still didn't expect my Brinster T-bird to turn like it did during my into-the-wind upshot on 17 though. I think I tried to kill it and introduced some OAT into my throw. It's a wide open hole, so I just ended up 100' wide right and pin high instead of putting for a three. Oh well.

Played a leisurely 18 at a small niner nearby. It was the first time discing in some time, and it felt great. 60 degrees, sunny with little wind. Absolutely gorgeous for this time of year. Parked more holes on that course than I ever have and shot my two best rounds there ever, one after another. :thmbup:

I took some time away from discing this winter to start a new job (soooo much less stress), started eating a lot more healthy, started lifting weights (nothing crazy), and gained a goodly amount of weight (much needed). I could definitely tell the difference! :)

Edit: Just added a Condor to the bag for shizzz and giggles and was really digging the throws I was getting with it today! :cool:

Went out for the first time since November. Did I play well? Nope. Did I have fun and get some much needed fresh air and exercise? Yup.

BAD!

Played 45 holes today pretty well but also lost a personal record 4 discs in one day in the 12 inches of melted snow, (now just massive floods) . At least it was 60 degrees

Drove fairly well considering the wind,couldn't putt to save my life. Picked up strokes from 10 feet away twice. second tournament ever though, a vast improvement over my first- shot +28 at my first one in 2 rounds, +4 this time.

Two average or slightly above average rounds at -2 each. First round was rather uneventful, lone bogey, some missed birdie putts. Second round was more eventful, up and downm first birdie was followed by bogey on the next two holes, then back to back birdies to get back under par. Bogey was followed by a front rim banger and then back to back birdies. Even had putts for birdie on the final two holes, chastity belt kick-out and chain-tickler.

After putting in windy conditions of late, I've noticed I prefer headwind putts, just let them float into the basket instead of having to ram extra oomph to them and hope the wind doesn't dump them down too early, that extra effort usually also means aim is off so even if the wind doesn't drop it to the ground too soon, it'll miss the basket.

Played 14 at Idlewild.. Got par on a lot of holes I had not before. Playing to par is not a bad idea at the course. Putting with a Neutron ION and making a lot of putts. I cut through the mando on 11 perfectly with my E* Teebird.. Love that disc. It was 75 and not a cloud in the sky. So refreshing. Heard an ace on 14's short too. Good times

Got a decent round in at Oregon Park, -11 on the Golds which was a personal best but I was a couple of long putts away from a -14 which would have been amazing.

What made me feel good is I threw a much more well rounded game, and though not every shot was ideal, I made the most of them and executed most of the time. If O had been really clicking I felt good enough to birdie the course.

Won Int, played 1 very good round and 1 not so good.

Round 1 was -5 and only 1 bogey. Nothing too fancy, just stayed in the fairway and made short birdie putts as they came.

Round 2 was +2 with 1 bogey, 1 double bogey. Didn't drive nearly as well, missed a couple ~30' putts that I should have canned.

I attempted ~12 jump putts from 40-90' and made 0 :(

Played a descent round at Kenilworth, shot 61 on 58. Which isn't impressive but for my 4-5 time playing and second time at this course I was more than happy to shoot 3 over. By hole 10 I was -1, which is a first! It quickly fell apart when I got a little greedy on a birdie putt that turned into a death putt. I later biffed a drive on a short and open par 3. Go figure the first part of the course is all woods where I was nailing lines harder than Tony Montana. Step into an open field and fire a disc off to the left, lol.

I really got to put some of my field work to play and it really paid off, can't wait to do more field work and return with hopes to finish even or a few under.

Played a pretty strong round at Harry Myers yesterday and ended up just 2 strokes off of my personal best. My putter was hot, so that really helped me bag a few birdies that could have easily gone the other way. My takeaway is I need to continue working on consistency off the tee and better decision making. A couple of stupid mental mistakes cost me at least four strokes and a potential personal best round.

0 and -1 were my scores, so less than stellar. You know that feeling when it just seems like this isn't going to be your day? Well, got that funk on the first hole of the first round :mad: . After shanking my teeshots too far right last weekend, decided to do a standstill teeshot and focus on getting direction correct. Direction was perfect, but got way too much snap to the throw and went long. Birdie putt, card a bogey, yep, going to be one of "those" days :thmbdown: . Did birdie the second hole, but after that, each birdie was followed by either a bogey or a double-bogey. To cap the first round off, we spent 30 minutes looking for my disc which we both saw come down and skip slightly. It being a FR Outlaw, there was no way I leaving the course in daylight without finding it.

So after finding the disc, headed for a second round since the sun had come out, plenty of daylight left. Decided to see how my backhand functions, throwing only backhand off the tee, even on crazy "must-FH" shots. Most of the first half went rather tin cup-ish, par, par, par. Then my friend had a couple of bad holes and seemed like the momentum shifted, I parked one hole and made a sweet putt on the next. Still had time to muck about with two bogeys, but at least carded a birdie.

My friend bagged his third ace of this winter, giving him a 4-1 overall lead in the ace tally, annoying that his shots seem incapable of chaining out, whereas my ace runs refure to stay in :thmbdown: .

Wow so it's been awhile! Weather was 50 degrees and sunny, so I made the hour trek down to Minocqua WI and threw for the first time in like 3 months.

Brandy Lake park had a 13 basket layout due to intersecting snowmobile trails, and I did alright for being a bit rusty, threw -1, +2, and -2. Also ended up meeting up out of chance with a few awesome guys that I knew from the dg scene and had a great time throwing a few rounds with them.

Man I'm glad I got off my PS4 and went out today. It gets cold and snowy again tomorrow so I still have to wait a bit to really start playing full time again, so it was worth it.

I'm still a beginner, so I still get more excited by single good throws and putts and seeing improvement than worrying too much about score. But I did get +6 at Turtle Rock today. Which I'm quite okay with, since it was was +17 not so very long ago.

I had my best throw yet. 320' uphill through trees to just outside the circle with a Valkyrie. Putting wasn't the best today, though.

Got my first "Nice shot" (not for that throw, sadly no one was around to see the good one) from another golfer which was amusing to hear since I think I still really suck. He realized that later, though, when I nearly threw on top of his group after my Mako slipped out early and went wild. :)

I had a falling out with my disc golfing friend yesterday, who was the only other disc golfer I know. So now I need to find new folks to play with.

Got to play a course I have never played before, at Lions Park MN. Had a great round with some locals and shot +2 playing all holes as par 3, including the 500-600ft holes. Left several putts out there, but I will not complain since I'm not used to putting in 20mph winds yet this season. Had a few ace runs and made new friends. Great all around day... not to mention first day over 50 degrees F for the year!

Winter's best round, -6, also a new record for the course we played, followed by a less than stellar +2. First round, started off with a strong birdie putt, then made an even better par save after shanking my drive and bouncing my upshot off the mark. Another good putt on #4 was followed by a drop-in on #5. Almost got turkey birdies, but 40-footer ducking and weaving through thick branches just banged off the rim. Metal on an ace run (third time got metal on that hole this winter) left another drop-in. But still found time to botch a great round with a poor bogey on the final hole. With all the metal on putts that didn't go in but where oh so close, the potential for a negative double digit round was real :clap: .

Second round, made another long par save on #2, incidentally the only hole on the winter layout I've yet to birdie. Good birdie on #3, but double-bogey after going OB and then missing a mando a couple holes later killed any chance for a good round. Putts weren't banging in like on the first round, probably part was lack of motivation.

Weather-wise it was pretty much perfect spring weather, sunny as hell, temperatures started off around 19F, chilled a bit to about 12F by the time we finished, two long delays to look for discs, both of them belonging to my friend, found one, second vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.