• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree-Phase 2

Mando decided he doesn't want the course on the site anymore.
That was an assumption on Tim's part. I don't want innaccurate,outdated info connected with my course on the site.

I enjoyed my time there and the work put in. I might have left a yellow 11x firebird though.. :-( Cant find it anywhere.

I lost a Tesla on that hole. It found its way back to me a month or two later.:thmbup:

Typical DG BS. Great course. Too bad the entire communtiy is encapable of simply enjoying what they have. But I guess infoghting is more fun.

I really enjoyed my recent visit to play Sugaree. Mando was a gracious host. The amount of work he has personally put into this course in unbelievable. I am having trouble coming up with better adjectives than amazing, beautiful, fun, challenging.....

I really enjoyed my recent visit to play Sugaree. Mando was a gracious host. The amount of work he has personally put into this course in unbelievable. I am having trouble coming up with better adjectives than amazing, beautiful, fun, challenging.....

I am adding:

UNIQUE- where else in NC can you play with massive boulders, rock outcroppings, and overall eye candy?

REWARDING - After playing several 5 hour rounds here, with groups of 5 or 6 friends, I ALWAYS feel good about my game, no matter my score.

This is one very special course, and I for one am always trying to introduce people to the exceptional courses as I learn about them. I may never be a World Class Player, it doesn't matter, not when I am standing on a World Class course!

Gonna be up at my place on Sugar over the weekend. Curious, is the course still open for play? I'd love to come check it out, there aren't enough courses nearby!

Gonna be up at my place on Sugar over the weekend. Curious, is the course still open for play? I'd love to come check it out, there aren't enough courses nearby!
Nope. We are done. You can't fight city hall.

I feel incredibly grateful that I atleast was given the opportunity to play here before this was pulled. Truly sad to hear that it's gone @mando. The course and the round are among the most memorable disc golf experiences I've ever had. Thank you.

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear that you had to close it. Hate I never played it. You have any recommendations for me within 20 to 30 mins of banner Elk? I played the blind squirrel 9 once, wanna check something else out.

Nope. We are done. You can't fight city hall.

Sorry to hear this. You have a special piece of property. And a pretty pink Teebird on 13

I feel incredibly grateful that I atleast was given the opportunity to play here before this was pulled. Truly sad to hear that it's gone @mando. The course and the round are among the most memorable disc golf experiences I've ever had. Thank you.

Completely agree with this statement.

Mando, I want to tell you that we sincerely appreciate that we were able to play Friday. I don't know if sugaree is gone for the season, or gone forever, but I want you to know that you have touched my life, and made this a better world, for me, through your love of the sport, love of the land, and through your work of Love, Sugaree.

You are a good man, I am very thankful that I have had the opportunity to meet you, and that I have many fond memories of Sugaree, to remember.

If we, those that Love Sugaree can help, be it through labor, maintenance, financial support, or whatever, I hope you will consider bringing her back to life again, in the future.

Wishing you happy holidays, and hope we get the chance to throw together, regardless of where it may be.

Sincerely,

Mark Manchette