• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

bill said:
i lost my well seasoned 172 chartreuse s-pd in some nasty ivy and just about shit. looked for a long time with no luck.

so with tears in my eyes i pulled out my 150 s-pd on the next hole and wow. it had been months since i've thrown it and with a little snap it just seemed to jump out of my hand. i threw the 150 and my original 167 p-pd for the rest of the round and fell in love all over again.

i friend of mine found it! i got it back!

I finally for to golf a round with my PDs. They performed as advertised. It was four of us Playing doubles. My team pulled ahead when I used a pPD to park a hole for a birdie while the other two bogeyed.

The PDs did everything my tbirds and TLs do and more.

Picked up this bad boy today...

24w7ihx.jpg

Used to be Yellow. He's Orange now.

Edit: Like I said in the dye thread the blotchy colors were less a result of my dying skills and more a result of the plastic being a really swirly blend of star. What Marshall Street would call their "natural beauties".

I just got a 170 PD, no slanted rim from DGV. She said they were going to get another order in too. That was a few days ago.

Do all current production cPDs have this slanted rim? I have 4 of them and I'm pretty sure mine don't. I'll have to check them again, but I'm sure I would have noticed. I have a Wizard that has a slanted rim and I could tell right away, I assume it didn't cool correctly.

Pretty sure the whole of the first production run was slanted, though there are plenty of production stamped CFR run C-PDs available. Yours are probably those ones.

jubuttib said:
Pretty sure the whole of the first production run was slanted, though there are plenty of production stamped CFR run C-PDs available. Yours are probably those ones.

Both my C-PD's are this, I kinda like 'em almost pred overstable. But a good chunk less glide. Are your super flat-topped sean? My CFR mold production C's are flat as pancakes.

Sweet Jesus beat pPDs that were once stable are fuggin awesome. I neeeeeed to make a point to start seasoning in some new ones because if I lost my 1+ year old one I'd be lost, I use it for tailwinds, rollers, crazy d lines, easy control lines, mega annies and more.

My champy-star red one is really starting to break in and become a thing of beauty. All of a sudden, it's flying 30-50 feet farther on the same line with the same power. It's also flying some very low lines very well.

The PD may be overrated, but it's overrating me to a great disc golf season driving wise.

Timko said:
My champy-star red one is really starting to break in and become a thing of beauty. All of a sudden, it's flying 30-50 feet farther on the same line with the same power. It's also flying some very low lines very well.

The PD may be overrated, but it's overrating me to a great disc golf season driving wise.

I lost my 1.5 year old red champystar ace PD on my MI vacation. :cry: :cry:

Boo. I didn't really understand what you guys who've had a broken in champy-star were talking about until a couple of weeks ago.

May be a weird question but what would be a good power indicator for a Teebird thrower to pick up a PD?

For example, right now I can get my Teebirds out to about 310', working in the field I've hit 345' with them and can average 325' after a few throws to get in the rhythm of driving (home course doesn't really have any back to back driver holes). So I'm wondering if at my current power if I'd get anything additional from the PD of if it would be too much disc at this point.

I'd steer clear of the more overstable ones but you are definitely ready for at least 166 P PD to probably max weight. 166 S PD might work well too. PD powers down well especially P-Line.