• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable midrange needed

I would stick with the Roc...u can probably trade for a flippy DX roc.... a flippy KC will probably cost you a toe. I think the Wasp is also a good disc to get too if you can find it in Pro D and also Champ.....a lot better too since u can get Flat Wasps easier than flat rocs.

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Cobra, Stingray, Buzzz SS. My son (who is much better than me) uses a Buzzz, Mako or Fuse.

Beat your Roc.
If you are impatient then you can buy an understable disc instead.
My picks would be the X Comet and the DX Cobra.
Stratuses, Stingrays, Elements, and Meteors are also good choices.

Ontario Roc or a Comet....these are basically more understable Rancho and San Marino Rocs.

Ontario Roc or a Comet....these are basically more understable Rancho and San Marino Rocs.

^---- Precisely what this cat said. Well said Scoot.:clap:

I carry both of these in my bag and they are exactly what you are looking for OP.:thmbup:

if you're looking for an understable midrange that feels just like a roc...check out Discrafts Stratus.

Really understable midrage disc (quite touchy IMO, I use mine as a roller)

BUT....it feels just like a roc

I'm going to a disc store this weekend. I know they have some Ontario rocs. I might get one idk yet. I already have a KC and a DX but I guess you can never have enough.

A Classic Roc will turnover a little more than a standard Roc. For additional turn try a Cobra or a XD.

I keep telling the kids to get cobras...nobody listens. Kids these days.

My wife has a 150g DX cobra. I guess I could hyzer flip it into a anhyzer. Either that or turn it over into a roller. I'll give it some field time this weekend.. if she'll let me.

Kite or a beat in Shark will do it just fine. A kite will do it right from the start and will get even more understable as it gets older (I know the feeling myself). However, when throwing a Kite it will take practice and you have to be very conscience of your grip and release.

Comet is Roclike in the feel but I would also suggest a Meteor and maybe a Buzzz if you are looking for something you can turn yourself.

this is all anyone needs to read in response to the OP.

good call...haven't thrown a Comet yet but I hear they are great

I would go with a Discraft Meteor or a Latitude 64 Fuse. The Meteor is more understable, but the fuse will seems like it has more glide.

Latest posts