• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

You can't down play his thought processes on the whole thing. However, it is possible to have live feed with ad time and show great numbers and still use the same video cut down to a top notch production if the comintary is not recorded in the feed. Show live feed one day, one two days later have great edited video of the round then drop the live feed of the said round so as to not mix viewer numbers.

Biggest gripe is I know now who is in the lead after round one by the flood of Facebook on Jussi's crew, the USDGC and PDGA. Why would I care now to make a point to watch the videos? Spoils the whole point. Now I wait a day and I can see the round and the suspense isn't there. Kind of like taking the super bowl and saying "We will give it to you tomorrow, by the way Lions won". Guess I don't need to watch. (I will watch of course for support of people working hard not Jussi's vision of global domination)
This is basically why I created the topic in the first place.

Now we are forced to live in "NO SPOILER" land if we want any sort of sense of drama.

I guess it just seems odd that he's using the United States Disc Golf Championship to attain these goals. Or maybe he's delusional/crazy/visionary enough to think he can replicate this euro success here in the US (a completely different sporting culture than his homebase).
Finland's got some weird sports culture. Home of the cell phone toss.

Maybe that is why disc golf is so big there. They don't have an NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, etc. to compete with for eyeballs and sponsor dollars.

They seem to have a soccer league but it certainly doesn't seem to be Premiere League, La Liga, etc. type of product.

James Thomas Of spin tv typed in the comment section of the latest spin tv video that the Final round of the 2016 USDGC will not be filmed. What gives?

James Thomas Of spin tv typed in the comment section of the latest spin tv video that the Final round of the 2016 USDGC will not be filmed. What gives?
Perhaps we're being punished for this thread.

Sorry I was paraphrasing his reply.

His exact reply.

James Thomas10 hours ago
well...we were going to film it, but after you posted I think I've changed my mind.

LOL. Somebody seems like they need an internet time-out.

How his bosses are letting this go is beyond me.

I cant believe that 1 viewer's comment could impact such a large event. Yet how many supported the PDGA funded live stream and they wouldn't budge. What gives?

I cant believe that 1 viewer's comment could impact such a large event. Yet how many supported the PDGA funded live stream and they wouldn't budge. What gives?
Hubris, ego, power trip, etc.

Basically all the classic failings of man.

In case you're not joking/ being sarcastic,

It's not, Jamie was just being sarcastic. There is no way hell they won't show the final round.

Maybe that is why disc golf is so big there. They don't have an NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, etc. to compete with for eyeballs and sponsor dollars.

They seem to have a soccer league but it certainly doesn't seem to be Premiere League, La Liga, etc. type of product.

Hockey is clearly the number one spectator sport here. We have a pretty high quality league, Liiga, and we produce a nice amount of NHL players. Football-wise Premier League is the most popular option. Our domestic league pretty much sucks. Other than those, athletics in the summer and ski jump, biathlon and cross country skiing in the winter are pretty popular TV entertainment.

Your points still stands: we clearly have less competition for spectators and sponsor euros so disc golf has a much bigger chance to break into the mainstream here. It certainly is not there yet, but with the huge growth of the sport right now, it's certainly a possibility in the near future. For that you need a professional broadcast production with multiple cameras, following several cards at the same time etc. I think what Jussi Meresmaa is doing here is the right approach.

However, I'm as baffled as you guys are about the killing of live stream for USDGC.

What a selfish little child that dude is! I like how he personally moderates the YouTube comment selection to fit his narrative. As long as JT reps discmania, I cant support their products anymore. Does he not realize he's a direct reflection of his employers?

In case you're not joking/ being sarcastic,

It's not, Jamie was just being sarcastic. There is no way hell they won't show the final round.
I mean... if you would have told most of us last year (hell... 2 months ago) that they wouldn't be streaming the USDGC we'd probably all say there is 'no way in hell.'

Yet here we are.

No sir, I was not joking, I simply can not pick up on sarcasm. It makes it very hard to pickup when reading text, I can sometimes detect it when in person. I was taught that sarcasm is a wasted effort of proper communication and I simply cant decipher it. Not showing the final round coverage last year was in fact what the discussion was about so i could see why James's comment had merit.

No sir, I was not joking, I simply can not pick up on sarcasm. It makes it very hard to pickup when reading text, I can sometimes detect it when in person. I was taught that sarcasm is a wasted effort of proper communication and I simply cant decipher it. Not showing the final round coverage last year was in fact what the discussion was about so i could see why James's comment had merit.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
Anyone know why the qualifying round scores looked so good. It appeared that a 63 was the minimal for qualifying but I dam well know that those guys are not shooting any where near that at the actual tourney.

Latest posts