• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

Seppo Paju is Prodigy sponsored

I must have gotten confused because he was previously with Discmania, Discmania still has numerous online videos of him demoing their discs, he's Finnish, and he wore clothing for his showcase card that had no visible Prodigy branding on it.

I guess he is Prodigy in the same way Paige is.

I must have gotten confused because he was previously with Discmania, Discmania still has numerous online videos of him demoing their discs, he's Finnish, and he wore clothing for his showcase card that had no visible Prodigy branding on it.

Correct, Seppo was Discmania until Prodigy started, but he was and is one of the original team members.

So now that the event is over, and all videos are posted, here's my follow up to something I had said earlier.

"Give us a chance, then give us your feedback"

The Contact Us page on the USDGC site has a form. I encourage each of you to send your thoughts that way.

I also encourage everyone to be constructive in their criticism. Remember, even if you disagree with the decisions made, and even if it's an emotionally charged reaction, that these people love disc golf just like you. Nobody wants to take anything away from you, or make you have a negative experience. People who make these decisions have lots of different factors to consider, and at the end of the day you have to place those factors in a certain order of priority. This is your opportunity to explain whether or not you feel like that priority order is correct. Please, be thoughtful of the fact that these guys work for weeks with little to no sleep to create this event, and that they've been doing this for 18 years - and the game has changed in that time. Help them learn where you think they're missing out on those changes (and where they've done well).

Disagree with them, tell them what you would like to see, but please don't use this link as an avenue to launch insults or attacks. I'm not saying this to temper or cushion responses, but to give a little insider tip on how to best be heard and taken seriously.

Mama always told me, "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"

I have some crisism for spinTV. But I'm also super thankful.
I think the disc golf fans are hard because we know you guys are always pushing the evelope. Way to go!

He's also Team Captain of the Prodigy Euro team - http://www.prodigydisc.eu/team-europe-c1o0d

and runs Prodigy Europe along with Lasse Paju.

Surprised he didn't push the brand a bit more with that opportunity. Maybe he wanted to see how well he was playing first ;)

They've got some great young players on that team, look out especially for Eveliina Salonen, she killed it at Euros in FPO this year as a 16 year old. My pick for first Euro based Worlds winner.

Vainio Makela had a couple of outstanding rounds as well in juniors (beating most of the MPO, think he would have been 5th after three rounds) before blowing up a bit in the final gail force winds round - still won it though, the early rounds had been that good. Jasper Heino two years younger, only lost to him by one stroke as well.

They've picked their team well for the future.

Maybe someone encouraged him NOT to push the brand in order to get the opportunity;)

I know this is said in jest, but in case someone else takes it seriously, that's not (and has never been) the case.

Jonathan Poole said this about Jeremy, but it applies all around (paraphrasing here) - "it's about supporting the athlete, not the colors the athlete wears"

I've never been instructed to intentionally favor one player and squelch another because of brand affiliation. At most, if two players (one Innova, one other) were say...tied for 30th, shot the same round, comparably interesting storylines, and I had 15 seconds of airtime to give...yes I might pick the Innova athlete, but that's on my own doing. It would honestly have to be at the level of splitting hairs. We're here to tell the best stories at tournaments, not lie about what happens.

Again, I know I'm taking the post too seriously, I just want to make sure that it's clear given all of the confusion regarding livestreams (did they offer? or didn't they?), cancelling the round (did they have to? or didn't they?), etc. So forgive my lack of sense of humor this time around :)

In other news...I've learned to use a compressor and limiter...I think that was this thread.

So, from this timestamp on...yes I'll be tweaking the audio channels more :D :D

In other news...I've learned to use a compressor and limiter...I think that was this thread.

So, from this timestamp on...yes I'll be tweaking the audio channels more :D :D

Heh nice. PM me if you have any questions as I can probably save you some time looking at manuals or trying "dumb" settings.

Heh nice. PM me if you have any questions as I can probably save you some time looking at manuals or trying "dumb" settings.

For sure, I probably will. I started to hear what you're talking about when tweaking #AskDave Ep.2 - but it was better than the alternative. I'm noticing different vocal ranges responding differently to the multiband.

Apologies to everyone in advance for the mic issues in the upcoming video.

Audio is such a PITA when you're shooting solo.

Please advise film crew to keep the microphones out of the shots in the future.
#rooks

Maybe if you actually showed up to the event you could have told them yourself :p:p:p

Yeah...those have a really wide end of that zoom...was not expecting that.

The shot tracker was pretty cool. Would be nice to see that more, especially on the wide open bomber courses where its hard to follow the discs.

The shot tracker was pretty cool. Would be nice to see that more, especially on the wide open bomber courses where its hard to follow the discs.

The shot tracker is rad. The only issue with it for next-day coverage is that it is very time-intensive - I believe Jomez has mentioned that it takes an hour per shot in post. I'm sure they'll get it refined as they do it more, but that amount of time and the quick turnaround don't allow it to be used as often as people would like.

The Paju's own Prodigy Europe as well I believe. The "big three" of the European scene are Lizotte, Nybo, Paju.

I'd say that's about right, though I'd like to have a "fabulous four" -list just to add our best lefty, Teemu Nissinen to this group.

I'd say that's about right, though I'd like to have a "fabulous four" -list just to add our best lefty, Teemu Nissinen to this group.

The #4 spot would be a tough call! Consider alongside Teemu:

Juho Parvianen
Leo Piironen
Henrik Johansen
Pasi Koivu

Teemu is 4th in the PDGA Continental Rankings though...so that's a strong point...and he's a lefty so I like that :D

Latest posts