• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC/WNC Live Streaming Packages

Will you be buying a live stream package for this event?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure these companies don't make much (if any) profit from their premier events. Innova spends money to put on USDGC. DD spends money to put on GBO.
Nobody's getting rich (yet) from hosting big events. Any money they bring in gets put into the event, not their own pockets.

For sure, but Innova should be using USDGC as a marketing tool, not a revenue event. Getting as many eyes as possible on everything Innova. A paywall ensures nobody outside the tiny sliver of fans already playing and watching, can see this event. I have NO objection to any company making money, it is what they are supposed to do. I just don't see any disc golf related event as ready to charge. I think it is cutting of your nose to spite your face. Grow the eyes on your product, don't squeeze the last penny out of the few that do see it.

For sure, but Innova should be using USDGC as a marketing tool, not a revenue event. Getting as many eyes as possible on everything Innova. A paywall ensures nobody outside the tiny sliver of fans already playing and watching, can see this event. I have NO objection to any company making money, it is what they are supposed to do. I just don't see any disc golf related event as ready to charge. I think it is cutting of your nose to spite your face. Grow the eyes on your product, don't squeeze the last penny out of the few that do see it.

Sure, but where's the line?
Should Innova lose $100,000 and provide free live coverage? Should they charge for coverage and only end up losing $50,000? Should they lose $50,000 and have no live coverage at all?

I don't know what the answer is, and I don't know if there's a correct answer at all.

I laugh when people saying watching on Youtube is free.

I currently have to sit thru 2 commercials between every hole. 14 for 9 hole, 28 per round and either 84 or 112 commercials per card per tournament.

And that is only via youtube and not counting the in broadcast commercials. It has gotten out of hand and no longer enjoyable.

*Laughs in uBlock Origin.*

YouTube has ads?

Sure, but where's the line?
Should Innova lose $100,000 and provide free live coverage? Should they charge for coverage and only end up losing $50,000? Should they lose $50,000 and have no live coverage at all?

I don't know what the answer is, and I don't know if there's a correct answer at all.

I agree, they fully fund the event and I would imagine most of the revenue generated...spectator passes, pro shop merchandise, etc goes back to covering the initial up front costs.

Payout for the event is pretty solid, I'd highly doubt they pocket any profit after it's all said and done.

I know we've got a few locals here, anybody with some old school knowledge who can shed some light on the origins of the USDGC in relation to Worlds?

I've held my own events right around the same time as USDGC and was in contact with East in regards to some of the tournament orders. The jist I got was it's pretty much all hands on deck fast and furious making sure it lives up to the hype. I get people have their opinions of some of the design "flukes" every year, but they make every effort to go all out for this event.

Man, I'm glad I got in early on the Gold Package. I figure my brown USDGC Wombat3 should sell for around $600 plus shipping, conservatively. I feel bad for you guys who missed the boat.

Max weight metal flake mirage.

I heard they were Grooves. :p:p

Ha totally random, but the batch of echo grooves actually crushed. Had a black one that held an anny just a bit longer than my echo boss. Eventually lost it and quickly found they were all over the place in later runs but if you can track down an echo groove you could probably win some money on side bets with it.

Couple years after I lost it I got a text from a guy in Minnesota who found it. I'm just outside St Louis on the IL side...told him to keep it.

Anthon has a "white power" tattoo somewhere, don't believe it's visible though on the course.

One of those I was dumb for getting it when I was young stories, prior to his stint in prison.

There was also a fuss raised when he got out and they picked him back up.

Anthon has a "white power" tattoo somewhere, don't believe it's visible though on the course.

One of those I was dumb for getting it when I was young stories, prior to his stint in prison.

There was also a fuss raised when he got out and they picked him back up.

See, I am sorry I asked. Thanks for the explanation.

I guess he was on Smashboxx and they were talking about it? Not sure why it was a point of conversation, but it was.

On one hand, if it's old ink why are people just now asking about it? He was playing lights out a couple of years ago and nobody seemed to care then? If it was a bad decision made many years ago there are steps that can be taken to cover/remove it. Just because he had it done then doesn't mean he agrees with it now necessarily, but to not make an effort to do something about puts him in a bad position, along with his current sponsor.

Lot of people seem to be expecting Innova to cut ties. I can see that angle, and honestly think people who make poor decisions can learn from them and change, but keeping it on your body doesn't help your cause in that regard.

I guess he was on Smashboxx and they were talking about it? Not sure why it was a point of conversation, but it was.

On one hand, if it's old ink why are people just now asking about it? He was playing lights out a couple of years ago and nobody seemed to care then? If it was a bad decision made many years ago there are steps that can be taken to cover/remove it. Just because he had it done then doesn't mean he agrees with it now necessarily, but to not make an effort to do something about puts him in a bad position, along with his current sponsor.

Lot of people seem to be expecting Innova to cut ties. I can see that angle, and honestly think people who make poor decisions can learn from them and change, but keeping it on your body doesn't help your cause in that regard.

I don't know the guy and I have not been given the right to judge. Hopefully he has learned to love all people.

Latest posts