• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just checked the results from the first 3 rounds of the KCWO and Dana Vicich is tied for 12th! He shot rounds rated 1033, 1002, and 1024. It looks like Dana is putting on a good showing for Vibram! I would love to see Dana move up a few spots tomorrow.

Just checked the results from the first 3 rounds of the KCWO and Dana Vicich is tied for 12th! He shot rounds rated 1033, 1002, and 1024. It looks like Dana is putting on a good showing for Vibram! I would love to see Dana move up a few spots tomorrow.

This just goes to confirm my prediction that Dana will make some noise at worlds this year. Then again, I thought Mitch was having an off year this year until he decided to win last weekend here in Colorado beating a yet undefeated local pro this year sponsored by Innova. I am hoping Mitch goes to worlds and that both he and Dana both rock the socks off some folks.

This just goes to confirm my prediction that Dana will make some noise at worlds this year. Then again, I thought Mitch was having an off year this year until he decided to win last weekend here in Colorado beating a yet undefeated local pro this year sponsored by Innova. I am hoping Mitch goes to worlds and that both he and Dana both rock the socks off some folks.

I think that if Vibram could get a world champ, people would give them more credibility. You have no idea how many times I convince people to try my Vibram discs and they rave about how much they like them.

I made a prediction a while back that it would be ten years before someone with an all Vibram bag would win the Open World Championship. I think I am going to stick to that at this point, but that does not rule out Dana or Mitch making a run at it this year with a mixed bag.

I made a prediction a while back that it would be ten years before someone with an all Vibram bag would win the Open World Championship. I think I am going to stick to that at this point, but that does not rule out Dana or Mitch making a run at it this year with a mixed bag.

I think you may be pretty close on that guesstimate. I really hope that Dana and Mitch create a crazy amount of buzz at Worlds this year.

Dana just got a top 10 finish at KC Wide Open with a 9th place finish based on my calculations. That is a good start to making some noise.

Dana Rising!

Since no one posted it yet...

1003098_10151503619746593_1008980233_n.jpg

Not to change subject... any wind on whether the 420B will go into production. I want to know if its going to be safe to start weeding out my Pearly Monsters!

Not to change subject... any wind on whether the 420B will go into production. I want to know if its going to be safe to start weeding out my Pearly Monsters!

I'm still not sure I see the use for it. I've given it to some guys that throw 475' and even THEY didn't get a single bit of turn out of it, and didn't see much use for it.

375' hard doglegs left? :)

I'm still not sure I see the use for it. I've given it to some guys that throw 475' and even THEY didn't get a single bit of turn out of it, and didn't see much use for it.

375' hard doglegs left? :)

Windy day. Overhead shots. There are plenty of uses for a crazy overstable max d driver. In other words, get it into production now, especially if this guys observations are correct.

Bye Bye Nuke OS!

Last edited:
Since no one posted it yet...

1003098_10151503619746593_1008980233_n.jpg

I think Vibram needs to create more of this stuff. Perhaps at Pro Worlds, or the Vibram Open, whichever they get all of their top team at they can take some time to make a team Vibram something that I can use as a desktop background. I am thinking Reservoir Dogs style.

Well... if the 420 goes into production or not I want them. You all may send your protos to 1401 E Miller Rd. Midland MI.

Ohh, by the way... HAPPY ONE HUNDRED PAGE BIRTHDAY!

Oh any OS disc is a must-have! They are so predictable. And plus for wind, spike hyzers, and skips there is nothing better than a massively OS driver. Also when you're throwing into 30 or 40 mph cross or head winds you'll be thanking Steve for the R420B when it comes out.

Thanks for the kind words! KCWO is a great tournament and I would suggest that everyone should make try to make it next year. I talked about it on my website already (www.danadiscgolf.com), but a big part of my throwing success had to do with the Lace and Ridge. So many par 4s out there were I went Lace, Ridge, Ridge (putt). I was getting long, straight and great flights from the Lace (as always) and the Ridge performed like a champ (as always). Also need to give a shout out to the Summit, as I hit many nice jump putts, including an Eagle putt (hole 4 Blue Valley) to start R3.

Steve- Any thoughts on what Shawn Sinclair has brought to light from the most recent Spring Summit in regards to proposed/possible changes from Innova/Harold to the tech standards?

Harold discussed the sustainability of disc golf. He suggests the technical standards re-evaluate the high
speed, heavy weight drivers.
The USDGC and Innova would strongly support the initiative. The USDGC would be glad to be a test bed
if the association requested.
MOTION –Decker/McCoy
Motion that we direct the tech standards committee to look into the sustainability issue relative to our
equipment standards.
Motion passes unanimously.

First off this presentation was given by Harold Duvall co-owner of Innova Discs. Although he was on the agenda this issue that he talked about was not an agenda item???

I am going to paraphrase and summarize his presentation. He explained how disc golf has affected his life from being a world champion, disc company owner, course designer, TD and a few other items I don't remember. He pulled a hat out of a duffel bag for each aspect of the above items and set them on a stool. He said this stack of hats represents my life and career. He proceed to take a stack of max weight high speed drivers and threw the whole stack at the hats and knocked them off the stool. He then said heavy, sharp, and wide rim discs are ruining everything he has worked his entire life for and our sport can not sustain this model.

I was the only person who asked a question, which was do you have any data, evidence, or testing to backup your statements? He said "No and we don't want any".

Catching up...

FWIW: The 419 has more stability than those flippy proto laces (for those of you who've threw em).
Awesome! The US Proto Lace is great for my arm speed, but still close to unpredictably flippy. I'll re-evaluate putting long-range drivers in my bag when this bad boy hits production.

Dana's a BEAST!!!! Go Vibram!
He is! And he's an Illinois boy, when makes him even more awesome!

AJ:
We are still in early phases of getting results from the tester team. If all goes well, July or August.
So... hopefully soon!

Yeah, I am getting more and more excited about the R420B. That thing looks nice and overstable. I am wondering how far it will wear in?
Windy day. Overhead shots. There are plenty of uses for a crazy overstable max d driver. In other words, get it into production now, especially if this guys observations are correct.
Man, I'm getting pumped too. This will be such a useful utility disc (low ceiling skip shots galore :clap:) And it will be a WONDERFUL crutch for my terrible distance FH (which I really only use for wide open fairways into a HARD right turn)!

Woo 1/5 of the way to part III!!
Vibram is gathering some serious momentum... They've gotten popular, sure, but I have a feeling this company is about to EXPLODE onto the scene!

Summer is a really busy time at work for me. Thus, I haven't had time to look at forums, and I didn't even know a new disc was in the works. Until two of them showed up on my doorstep! I managed to sneak away for an hour today and do some testing.

I'm forehand dominant, but do manage to throw backhand drives once in a while. My noodle arm can only get any real distance with a champ monarch (anything else is too stable or too fast). The 419B had the same flight path, but was consistently 25-50ft farther with no more effort. Very pleased so far.

As for the 420B, well my long game is all forehand. I've been rocking the same Z Force for 5+ years and would quit golfing if I ever lost it. The 420B was getting very similar results with that awesome vibram grip and feel. Definitely need to spend some more time with it though. It is the first and only vibram I've been able to manage forehand. (ascent, trak, ibex are nice when thrown well, but wildly unpredictable for me)

Also, I hate all the super wide rim drivers. Can't use em. Glad neither of these are super wide rim.