• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

I would rather a mod remove a post, than alter it, myself. Hopefully you received a PM with an explanation.

I won't go into my moderation history, but a deletion (performed at my vociferous demand) is, indeed, the far lesser of two evils. That is what I was attempting to convey (successfully, IMHO) with my post. No explanation, nor is one expected or necessary.

I'm curious to know what the humidity and wind speeds have been up there in the "Heat Wave" because 94 sounds pretty good to me if the humidity is low and there's any kind of breeze. Down here in the non heat wave area it's been upper 90's with the humidity in the upper 90's and no breeze, which is still playable if you have shade to get in.

Well for the last 3 weeks where it was like that here it was about 80% so when you are at 94 the heat index is 1 oh something. Kinda sucks but you can do it.

Current conditions in Spotsylvania, VA:
Temperature: 102º F
Humidity: 37%
Wind from the --- at 0.0 mph
Dew Point: 70º F
Barometric pressure: 30.01 inches & falling
Heat index: 109º F

94 degrees? Bah, I've thrown 54 hole days in that. That's what ice chests full of Gatorade and H20 are for.

I dunno. I played a full round every day since last Thursday. JD & Wilson. Light clothes, LOTS of water, slower pace and we've played either early AM or late PM. Did 27 last night at JD. Started at about 7pm. No problems for this portly old man. Shot an 87. Not great, but I aint complaining.

I figure if I can play in the snow with minus temps, then I can play in 90+ temps.

That is what you get when you live in a desert... you are conditioned to it, people up here are not. It is kind of like when you get a 1/2 inch of snow and there is 100 accidents per sq mile in the South.

HAHAH your absolutely right. WE are snow retards. Im just giving you a hard time, heeding your warning is a smart move. It is freakin hot. :)

Be careful out there. If you must play, bring extra water and be prepared to stop and/or play a shorter round.

Tip for the day. Take a couple of aspirin before you head out. It'll thin your blood and you'll handle the heat better.

That is what you get when you live in a desert... you are conditioned to it, people up here are not. It is kind of like when you get a 1/2 inch of snow and there is 100 accidents per sq mile in the South.

North Texas isn't a desert.... It just gets hot with tons of humidity down here. I played on Memorial Day in 101 degree heat and 30% humidity. And yesterday was 98 degrees with 40-ish% humidity. And yes, 99% of people down here can't drive in the snow at all. Pretty annoying. But, plenty of fluids and you are ok. I usually drink about 4 glasses of water before I leave the house, drink 2 big ass bottles of water on the course and a powerade/gatorade at the turn. Just start worrying if you stop sweating.

Guilford, CT
95 degrees
46% humidity
103 relative heat index

humidity in this heat is like alcohol "proof" ... the closer to 50% humidity, the higher the relative heat index. Same as alcohol gets stronger the closer one gets to 100 proof and then 200 proof. throw in the high UV, and today is as good a day as any, to say the hell with playing disc golf ... this is why I have disc golf DVDs ...

Austin, TX

Temp - 93.5
Hum - 56%
Wind - Calm
Heat Index - 106

And I'm going home early to mow and weedeat before playing in a mini at 4:45. Just a normal summer day in Texas except the humidity is kind of low today.

It's 92 here now and soon as I'm done here it's off to CSU's dry ass course. Colorado disc golfers are used to drastic temp. changes. 100 degree days with rain or snow in May, it's all disc golf weather.

Anyone who grew up between the Rockies and the Mississippi is rolling their eyes at this post. Every year the northeast gets a heat wave, and because all the media is centered there, it's national news for a few days. Just drink water and wear sunscreen, it's not that big of a deal.

We play in 100+ in Texas. Just drink lots of water and wearing the appropriate clothing helps. I wear the Dry Fit style workout shirts.

What is this "snow" that you speak of?

Latest posts