• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is a TeeDevil?

I think that if they came out with a new line of plastic, maybe similar to Lat64's colorshift gold line, they could bring in a lot more sales than just a new driver. People would want to replace their current discs with superior material. EchoStar was a flop because it really isn't much better than Star, but I think something like Gold Line or FLX would generate a lot more revenue.

How about they discontinue R-Pro because the durability is non-existent and in place of it start making Goldline type discs! :thmbup:

I think that if they came out with a new line of plastic, maybe similar to Lat64's colorshift gold line, they could bring in a lot more sales than just a new driver. People would want to replace their current discs with superior material. EchoStar was a flop because it really isn't much better than Star, but I think something like Gold Line or FLX would generate a lot more revenue.

That's not a terrible idea. Though I wouldn't say that echostar was a flop. At least around here, echostar destroyers are HUGELY popular.

Innova plastic looks as boring as their discs are inconsistent. At least DX has a few cool pics on it. It makes me laugh when someone calls one of their discs a "natural beauty" because it has some random color splotches on it. Many guys I've played with got turned on to Lat 64 because they liked the way my GL discs looked. Innova is hardly innovative anymore.

You can't get any cool plastics for what Innova is willing to pay. I heard in the past they buy their plastics secondhand in discount lots from other injection molding companies rather than from the source anyway. Color effects like colorshift/edgeglow/metallic all come that way in pellet form from the manufacturer and it's unlikely to get any of that stuff secondhand. It costs some $$ and Innova obviously doesn't need it to sell discs.

Innova plastic looks as boring as their discs are inconsistent. At least DX has a few cool pics on it. It makes me laugh when someone calls one of their discs a "natural beauty" because it has some random color splotches on it. Many guys I've played with got turned on to Lat 64 because they liked the way my GL discs looked. Innova is hardly innovative anymore.

Qft.

You can't get any cool plastics for what Innova is willing to pay. I heard in the past they buy their plastics secondhand in discount lots from other injection molding companies rather than from the source anyway. Color effects like colorshift/edgeglow/metallic all come that way in pellet form from the manufacturer and it's unlikely to get any of that stuff secondhand. It costs some $$ and Innova obviously doesn't need it to sell discs.

When I did composites engineering, we had powdered pigments and effects that we used for "special projects." You can just throw it in with the plastic in the blending process and it comes out fine. I think we were paying $5/kg for FAA approved pigments, and using about 5-10 grams per cubic meter. Glow dust works the same way and they got it figured out decently.

first do you mean the pearl affect? or the purge discs? innova has been doing those for longer than Lat64 was even conceived. and their natural beauties because they weren't intended they just happened. Lat64 is a manufactured beauty.
and if youre going to call Innova inconsistent dont try to play up Lat64 as any better. they are all over the place. no 2 runs of the same disc end up the same.

When I did composites engineering, we had powdered pigments and effects that we used for "special projects." You can just throw it in with the plastic in the blending process and it comes out fine. I think we were paying $5/kg for FAA approved pigments, and using about 5-10 grams per cubic meter. Glow dust works the same way and they got it figured out decently.

I've actually seen the catalog with all the effects...Exactly like Lat64 is using. Were you using Urethane? I know it's a totally different animal than other polymers.

How do i know if i have a destrvulcan? are they all stamped the same. i want to avoid this and i'm writing a letter to innova.

My luck with innova drivers.

loved the teerex they came out with a super flippy remold that killed the disc line/name.

loved the eagle X somehow got eagle L and they were super flippy so i switched to strikers.

loved the boss but the pro boss was molded with a different mold so they were too flippy too fast...wonder why nobody throws the pro boss? r pro was even worse for the line.
i had to search for special starlite stable ones.

OMG destroyers are just what i need in all the different plastics. great disc and innova didn't have any issues with molding them correctly. now i hear they have different mold coming out? i just don't get it. i have the backups to play for years but i gotta get me some destroyers and some wi2ards and then i'll only try new discs from other companies.

just look at the top and compare with a Vulcan and an old Destroyer if you have one. Destroyer tops are slightly domey and have a gradually rounded out shoulder, while Vulcan tops have a straight tapered down edge. Hard to explain in words but it will be obvious if you see a regular destroyer side by side with a destrulcan.

and if youre going to call Innova inconsistent dont try to play up Lat64 as any better. they are all over the place. no 2 runs of the same disc end up the same.

God, I've been waiting for someone to say this. It seems like Latitude doesn't get any criticism because they are the next big thing with 'cool' looking plastic. They are just as inconsistent as the next company, none of them are perfect.

well Lat also hasn't been screwing up molds for 25 plus years. i think Lat has showed that they are trying to get better. INNOVA just has the same issues over and over and over. i feel frustrated that I can't recommend their discs to new players since they will probably get different discs and have the same headaches i'm having down the road.

any lat64 or discraft that can replace the destroyer?

well Lat also hasn't been screwing up molds for 25 plus years. i think Lat has showed that they are trying to get better. INNOVA just has the same issues over and over and over. i feel frustrated that I can't recommend their discs to new players since they will probably get different discs and have the same headaches i'm having down the road.

any lat64 or discraft that can replace the destroyer?

X-Nuke or P-Line DD2 Frenzy is generally very similar to a Pro Destroyer. Ive also heard good things about the Halo, King and Sword but I've haven't personally thrown them.