• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc ever made?

Something along the lines of the designer(s) being so in love with, or proud of, the groove-in-the-rim concept, that they could not admit failure, and they have enough juice to make non-recognition of failure stick. So the company goes with it as if there is no problem, or even worse, push harder because it must be a success. Expecially after all the hype.

OR, rather than having too much emotional/intellectual capital sink into the project, it is a matter of throwing good money after bad because of so much already being sunk into it.

Or both.

This kind of thing happens.

Yep, sounds like a conspiracy to me either way.

Conspiring designers using their precious juices.

Probably not PDGA approved, but my friend was throwing a Edisc Flyer during a round today. His wife got it him since he likes Aerobie Pro rings.

The Aerobie rings glide really far, but the Edisc Flyers flip almost entirely upside down after about ~80 ft distance. It would go well with the Franklin set that so many have expressed disdain for in this thread.

The mid and driver there are the two worst discs I've ever thrown. I watched some of that Wal-mart Franklin discs video and they pretty much fly identical to those. The putter wasn't half-bad though. It flew kinda like an Aviar.
The three discs that come with the instep baskets. Pluto, Mercury and Saturn.

1) I'd be willing to be bet they're the exact same molds from the same manufacturer.
2) They should've named the driver Uranaus.

Last edited:
Something along the lines of the designer(s) being so in love with, or proud of, the groove-in-the-rim concept, that they could not admit failure, and they have enough juice to make non-recognition of failure stick. So the company goes with it as if there is no problem, or even worse, push harder because it must be a success. Especially after all the hype.

OR, rather than having too much emotional/intellectual capital sink into the project, it is a matter of throwing good money after bad because of so much already being sunk into it.

Or both.

This kind of thing happens.

Always thought it came about because they had defects trying to run the Boss in lower weights. Maybe they were attempting to reduce the wall thickness in the rim so they could improve cooling and not have to pack the tool so hard to prevent sink or voids, thus making lighter weights in a similar disc achievable. http://www.steinwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Voids.pdf Doesn't matter anyway, other than I wish I always found brand new Wraiths/Shrykes and Champion Terns in the rough rather than all the Grooves and Bosses. Even just a Valk from time to time would be nice.

DX Griffin. In case you wanted a dx midrange brick that doesnt fly far, the griffin is for you!!! Fight thru any wind for that 100 foot tee shot.

Worst disc I have ever used is the X Putt'r, in elite plastic, I had my disc do the slight indent to the flight plate due to the soft Elite X plastic the Disc was made in. The indent on the top of the light plate of disc had to be thrown a bit harder then it should be to have some glide meaning that for most players the disc as a putter would not work as it would fly past the basket more then wanted if you missed.

Lol, I love this disc. It is a completely understable putter. Takes nearly zero speed to turn this thing into an anny. Granted, it is a bit of a utility disc, but has gotten me out of tons of trouble.

Lol, I love this disc. It is a completely understable putter. Takes nearly zero speed to turn this thing into an anny. Granted, it is a bit of a utility disc, but has gotten me out of tons of trouble.
I realize now the X Putt'r disc would have been a good approach disc but I gave mine away to somebody who used them just before a tournament when I found the Hard Pro D Magnets to work, Now have some Jawbreaker with the ring drawn up on it in Permanent marker as I use that on the D Magnets as a Guide to place my thumb. She could use that or a Polecat when the wind was going 30mph. She switched from the Polecat as she was not liking the part where the top flight plate and the edge of the disc met, too sharp. She loved the X Putt'r more as it was a better putter for her putting style as the X Putt'r was more understable when broken in then the Polecat.

Another bad disc I saw was the Quest AT Brick when In old plastic, new plastic a cheap looking champion like plastic now has a standard hard and Floppy version. In the old disc the Plastic was garbage when it hit a tree, the disc often broke the way a cheep promotional toy disc would. Saw somebody use one on his second ever round with the disc and the disc broke like I said above. Also it will not fly much past 10 meters or 33 feet, you can't get the disc to do so or it flips over upside down if you put too much force on the disc to fly it way beyond the putting zone.

I obtained a large collection of vinyl albums but a whole bunch of them were totally destroyed by water damage and mold. You can guess how my friend and I treated this situation.

They fly kind of like TIE fighters...

8444495_orig.jpg

That sorta sounds sarcastic.