• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Doc Volt Theory
Very beat X Buzzz
Seasoned Lucid Truth (also working on a Prime)
TP Bard
Gator (glow or Dx depending on mood and or wind)

Lots of different setups! Not just Rocs and Buzzzes. I usually carry three DX Rocs, one fresh, one seasoned to straight and one beat up for turnovers. During the winter I've bagged a flippy Z Comet in the place of a flippy Roc because I'm too afraid to lose it or break it.
I also carry an ESP Zone for glideless brick shots.

1 Q-Sentinel - Longer, faster, beefier than a Roc.
3-4 Rocs: Champ, KC, and DX, OS to flippy.
And, if it is really windy, a Glow Gator.

I'm playing with the Mako3, but it doesn't do anything I can't already do with a Roc. Still, it's a fun neutral disc.

I recently switched to all Discraft mids. Buzzz has always been a staple. Just put the Meteor and Hornet back in the bag. Depending on what mood I'm in, sometimes I'll switch the Hornet out for a BuzzzOS.

6 mids in a bag of 20 discs.

2 Drones - 1 fresh flat Ti, 1 abused mild dome Z, both max weight
2 Pains - 1 flat Opto, 1 flat beat-in GL, Opto is light at 155g, GL is max
2 Makos - 1 fresh Champion (Mako3), 1 moderately used Star, both max weight

Drones for open fields, winds, or when I am unsure of what another disc may do in conditions. Pains for anything I possibly can as they are my bread and butter. Makos for any stability from laser straight to turnovers, distance utilizing the high glide.

Claymore- slow turn
Md2- straight to fade
Verdict- windy straight to fade
Gator- forehand big wind

I was a Roc guy for life and still have a huge KC collection but got tired of losing seasoned discs. With the selection out now its hard to not match what you need in a mid straight off the shelf. My game has improved as well as my stress level.

Kind of switched mine up after throwing a truth for a while it replaced my KC rocs.
Current:
2x Truth one seasoned one new
Mako
Panther
Drone

n theory, n tangent, z buzzz, glo buzzz gt, buzzz os, q sentinel.
n envy gets honorable mention. putter or not that disc wants to be a mid.

Theory and Tangent have been dropped from primary rotation. Trying to simplify a bit and now bagging a seasoned 10year Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Buzzz OS and a Buzzz GT. Sentinel and Envy are still bagged as well; I don't really need them with the Buzzz menagerie, but I feel weird when I don't have them handy :eek:

Right now:

Star Atlas
Z Buzzz
CZ Drone

I hate to say it, but the Atlas may boot the Buzzz out of my bag. I feel dirty even typing that.

Reduced my Roc garden a little....still rocking a bunch though:

-Z Buzzz OS
-USDGC Champ Rancho Roc
-Champ Roc3
-Flat Top DX Roc
-Liquid Metal Vaccine

Rocs still make up the bulk of my mid-range shots. The Champ Roc3 is still pretty fresh but it's my most used mid. Very straight, with mild amount of fade. Still handles a mild headwind and can hold hyzer lines for days.

2 Molds:

Gator for utility and a collection of Rocs in various stages of wear all shots

Buzzz OS, Buzzz, Meteor always are in the bag.

Sometimes I'll switch it up with a Gator, Roc, Comet / Theory just for fun, but I'm not nearly as confident in that setup.

As of right now I have 3 molds
Buzzz for turnovers
Wasp beat in for dead straigh
Wasp new hefty fade on it
Hornet for anything with which requires more over stability

Once these wasps get worked in a little more buzzz comes out and in goes another wasp. So then I will use 3 wasps and 1 hornet.

Ghosts and a Comet/fuse/gauge. Can't decide on the US mid. Would like to go all ghosts if I can beat one in.

Z Buzz SS, Suspects ( Lucid and Fuzion), Champ Panthers and DX Cobras, but mostly as a roller