• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Dropped the Meteor. Rarely throw my Drone but it's there for the random forehand or shot that needs to fade with vengence.

Still always carry a Buzzz (or 3; flippy X, Stable Z, Overstable Ti FLX) and a Comet (X). Meteor and Drone get stuffed in a side pocket of bag for courses where I have a specific shot for them but not used regularly.

Wasp and/or Roc - just don't want to settle on this role
Gauge - Pinnacle and Icon covering the slightly overstable to slightly understable role
Flying Squirrel - understable
PA2 - used as a slower Wasp/Roc
Pure - pure neutral
Zone - workhorse...there is no disc better when you want to drop it under the pin

Great idea, Brian! Not a ton of changes, but I did drop the Flying Squirrel and replaced the PA2...

KC Roc has won the last battle (I am loving the extra glide over the speed), but I just added a Protege Ghost to the war
Pinnacle Gauge
Watermelon Envy - also looking at DX/XG Rhynos and Fossil Scales for this role
Opto Pure - still the best neutral driving putter in the game
Glo Z Zone - pretty seasoned and missing a lot of fade
CryZtal Zone - like new and all the beef...all of it!

Update

Current mid line-up:

X Comet - US/annys/low ceiling laser beams
XT Roc(seasoned in) - Jack of all trades except wind
G* Roc(just starting to lose fade) - whenever its too windy for the XT
G* Roc(fresh) - when I need more fade but not Drone levels of OS
GLO FLX Z Drone - OS shots/middle finger to wind

Also bag a Zone for "get out of jail" shots.

All max weight.

Dropped the Comet since the XT Roc has beat in to replace it and now the worn G* Roc is now dead straight. Everything else is still the same.

- Straight to flippy Z Buzzz Max Weight
- Straight to OS Z Buzzz Max Weight
- Buzzz OS Max Weight
- 174 gStar Roc3 for straighter shots that require more fade at the end...and glides quite a bit more than my buzzzs for those longer shots.

2-Roc3s, one 2x and one 3x (lil beefier)
1-Gravity Ghost straight as an arrow,with bit of glide
1-Protege Ghost stable/understable
1-Medium Ridge which is my go to driving putter and up shot disc when i just want it to stick

I'm really torn right now. I recently threw a Z Buzzz again. First time in a long time.

I'm getting old and the Buzzz just gets there easier than my Rocs.

Maybe I'm just tired.

Currently, I'm carrying

(x2) Z Buzzz
-Barstamp for flip-up, turnovers, annoys
-Bottom stamp for dead straight, slight stability

Z Buzzz OS

(x2) Z Comet
-One seasoned, one newer

ESP Zone

Suspect (whatever their champy plastic is)

I also just threw a Ti Wasp back in the bag and I'm finding that it doesn't overlap with my Buzzz OS. I like it for gentle hyzers or when my Buzzz won't be stable enough in headwind. My Buzzz OS is surprisingly too overstable to fill that particular role right now

I'm really torn right now. I recently threw a Z Buzzz again. First time in a long time.

I'm getting old and the Buzzz just gets there easier than my Rocs.

Maybe I'm just tired.

Huh, my complaint with the Buzzz has always been that you have to absolutely crank on it for it to do it's thing.

#differentstrokes

My mids are a mess again.

Beat DX Shark
167g XT Shark
178g MF Shark3

Aurora MS
QMS

Not quite sure I need the beef of the Shark3 in there. Also I can really crank on my QMS and still have it fly straight, the beat DX Shark needs a lot more finesse to do the same thing without getting out of control. Might be moving over to a QMS/AMS if I can find a few spares in colors I like that are flat like the ones I have (new runs are supposedly run with a shark3 top and mold up nice and flat).

Played my third round with only Truths for mids and my score keeps dropping.

171g Moonshine
169g Fluid
180g Fluid

They do almost everything for me between 175 and 350 unless I need a hard turn, then it's a Felon or a Seer (or driver at 350+)

So nice to consolidate. Im scoring better and have a lighter bag.

My mids are a mess again.

Beat DX Shark
167g XT Shark
178g MF Shark3

Aurora MS
QMS

Not quite sure I need the beef of the Shark3 in there. Also I can really crank on my QMS and still have it fly straight, the beat DX Shark needs a lot more finesse to do the same thing without getting out of control. Might be moving over to a QMS/AMS if I can find a few spares in colors I like that are flat like the ones I have (new runs are supposedly run with a shark3 top and mold up nice and flat).

I run Shark 3, QMS, AMS. The new runs of the QMS and AMS are great and I'm really loving this midrange set-up. I don't see myself changing at this point.

176g GStar Shark
176g Neutron Theory
168g Ti Buzzz
171g Fuzion Truth

The Shark and Truth have a lot of overlap, but so far I've used them both quite a bit; the Shark for short hyzer approaches around obstacles and the Truth for somewhat longer approaches.

I've been using my Atom on more and more approaches (in addition to putts) and after today I can almost see it booting the Buzzz and Theory.

Played my third round with only Truths for mids and my score keeps dropping.

171g Moonshine
169g Fluid
180g Fluid
Are these in the order of stability or which one is your most US?

My experience with Truths has been that the Fluid is quite stable and Flat Moonshine (as well as Lucid) was not. Seems like the more dome a Truth has the more stable it is.

Are these in the order of stability or which one is your most US?

My experience with Truths has been that the Fluid is quite stable and Flat Moonshine (as well as Lucid) was not. Seems like the more dome a Truth has the more stable it is.

Yes, least to most stable. My moonshine truth is still pretty stable at high speed but has less fade and more glide than the others. They are all pretty glidey but that thing hovers.

beat x comet, beat z comet, dx roc, kc roc, and champ gator.

I used to only carry one comet with a wear cycle of dx rocs, but I don't play enough anymore to get a good wear cycle going if I lose/break a beat dx disc.

Funny thing about mids for me.

I bag a Coyote and Gator.

The Coyote I use on occasion, and very little lately as I tend to just pull out the putter more often than not when I'm in close enough range to use my mid. the Gator is my roller only. Thing rolls in a straight line most of the time regardless of the terrain and then just falls over without taking a huge circle to fall down over on. So I can get very good predictable rollers every time with it.

I do have a couple found discs floating in my bag that I never took out and really don't know what they are. They don't have names or numbers on them and I've been too lazy to remove them from my bag. I usually like to use found discs a few times to decide if I like them or not. The ones I've found though were all black. Which makes them annoying to even test.

Funny thing about mids for me.

I bag a Coyote and Gator.

The Coyote I use on occasion, and very little lately as I tend to just pull out the putter more often than not when I'm in close enough range to use my mid.

I once used a Star Coyote, it was a good upshot disc. However, the Roc3 replaced it in my bag and I haven't looked back.