• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

I think it was a champ boss it had a tourney stamp so im not really sure.
That explains my terrible form. I threw what ever my buddy gave me when we got to the course before i got hooked and bought my own discs

Correction: I think it was a Whamo World Class 165g. We also used Whamo Super Pros and Whamo Black Masters.

DX Viper. I haven't thrown one since.

THe first disc I ever threw at a course was an orange Wolf at Reedy Creek in Charlotte. For a while it was my only disc till I found more and were donated a few here and there.

Funny story about that orange Wolf. I was trhowing it at Winthrope in SC and it went in the pond. Being my go-to mid disc, I went in after it. I didn't find my Wolf but I did find a different heavier orange Wolf. I still have it to this day in my bag and use it A LOT!

DX starfire... because some other n00b i knew told me get one that says star on it (referring to the plastic i think) so i got the starfire because it was only 7 dollers and had a star on it. I kept throwing it with a catch frisbee finger on rim grip and i wondered why i could only throw 150 foot n00b hyzers...

Well, my first course was Z-Boaz in Fort Worth in 2000. What I threw had to be either a Dx Cobra, Dx Viper, or Discraft Phantom+. (Already had them) The guy that took me out, gave me a Dx Gazelle. It's been so long, I couldn't tell you what I threw.

Now fast-forward 5 years, when I officially committed to playing Disc Golf.

Tupelo Bay and I threw my Dx Cobra.

Whamo Midnight Flyer 71 C* 161g in 1982 - thought I was a pro for having such a badas$ disc

Lightning #1 Driver, Yellow Dretzka Park Stamp

And I found the exact disc on ebay for 8 bucks, couldnt have been happier

For the first month I played, I borrowed a couple discs from my friend who got me into it. I threw a Big Bird Ontario Roc and a Classic Aviar.

I couldn't tell you what the discs were, Horseshoe canyon ranch let us borrow discs while we were there on a climbing trip. I then pulled a Wizard out of my work backpack (had been using it as a random object tray) and bought a DX Valk, been hooked ever since.

DX Valk that my friend handed me while hanging out at the park last Easter. I blame him . and that disc .. for what followed.

First disc I ever threw was the Leopard out of the Innova starter pack. I remember falling down trying to throw it.

Orange 70/71 Mold, orange Cobra, yellow unknown driver (Tracer maybe?) and 86 Softie, first time on a real course in Marson Mills, MA for a tournament in 1993. Won Am, mostly throwing the 70/71 Mold because I was still hyzering the crap out of everything else. I think there were only two or three of us in the Am division (back when it was either Am or Pro, period). I won a disc, a purple 184g Marauder which I threw a couple of times and put aside. Must have been one of the worst discs ever made, especially at that weight.
I still have the 70/71 Mold, Cobra (now cracked) and the Marauder.

PS. Don't remember if it was a 70 or 71, I'll have to look when I get home. 176 g, orange, basically a regular Frisbee but wicked heavy for its size.