• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was your first disc(s)? Don't be shy, give details.

I had an Eagle that looked a lot like this one. It was great. I threw it in the pond and Pickard Park in Indianola, Iowa.

$_1.JPG

My wife has nobody to blame but herself for my love of disc golf. She bought me a 3 disc starter set on ebay for my birthday in 2006 or 2007.

DX Aviar P & A
DX Roc
DX Valkyrie

Threw the Aviar for years and it's retired. There have been many like it since and there are 5 Aviars in my bag now... 2 DX.

Lost the Roc with Swatso and Dwill at Rockburn Branch.
Lost the Valk at The Woodshed.

After playing for the first time with a friend, I went to the local sporting goods store and bought a Dx classic roc, Banshee and viper.
I still bag the a few CR even after 9 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first disc was a TeeBird (DX or Pro, can't remember). I bought it at a 7-Eleven when I started playing in 2005. In hindsight it was a great disc for me until I threw it into a pond. As it was still my only disc at the time, I had to drive back to the 7-Eleven to buy another disc to continue my round. Times have changed, and I've found better places to buy discs too.

I kind of miss that disc... should try another one some time.

DX Raven, and it was great for one season. Then I turned into a torque monkey season two and it turned into a flip machine. I have since cleaned up my form, and it is due for some exercise because I have not thrown it in ten years.

DGA Blowfly II
Bought it from a gas station once I started playing enough that I knew I was gonna need a putter.

3 disc Innova starter set, 150 class.

Cheetah, Shark, Aviar.

I threw those 3 discs for about 5 years. Well, not entirely. The shark was lost during my first ever round at Idlewild, original hole 6 IIRC. I had no clue what I was up against at Idlewild and was in way over my head.

After a hiatus for college, marriage, etc. I had a buddy invite me out for a round. Sure enough I still had my Cheetah and Aviar.

Now some 20 years after I bought the starter set, I still have the Aviar. The Cheetah sadly found the lake at AJ Jolly not long after I picked things back up in 2009.

Latest posts