• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] What's next on your MVP (or Axiom) wishlist?

I want a putter or mid that will fade so hard it reaches its max distance in the air and comes back a little. With gyro.

I'd really like to see a harder, more durable plastic than Electron, similiar to KC Pro for drivers.

I don't think the current Electron blend will hold up in deep rimmed discs.

I'd like to see a tangible difference between Proton and Neutron. I've always been baffled as to why they produce the two blends when the molds are coming out virtually identical and the plastic feels pretty much the same. Granted, some Proton seems a little bit more tacky, but it's pretty nominal.

This is especially true with mids. I use a birdie grip and lots of people use the various fan grips so I know I'm not the only one who would appreciate something that's easier to dig into. It would also go a long way in improving their cold/wet weather performance. I think the Theory is a great disc, but it's so stiff that I'm not even considering bagging it until April.

Running the entire midrange lineup in Plasma would be acceptable too.

And to take it a step further:

Wouldn't it be cool if they ran low-plh and high-plh versions of the same disc on a regular basis? Want a domey, glidier Volt? Buy Neutron. Want a flat, stable windfighter? Buy Proton.

There would be one caveat, and that is that they would have to absolutely nail the execution. Marketing such a nuanced difference would be setting a pretty high bar, but MVP would be the company that could pull it off.

Wouldn't it be cool if they ran low-plh and high-plh versions of the same disc on a regular basis? Want a domey, glidier Volt? Buy Neutron. Want a flat, stable windfighter? Buy Proton.

There would be one caveat, and that is that they would have to absolutely nail the execution. Marketing such a nuanced difference would be setting a pretty high bar, but MVP would be the company that could pull it off.

I don't know of any mfgr doing this, or even if they'd be able to.

I totally disagree. The tensor is not only longer but no remotelyin the same class of overstability. They've pulled off overstable fantastically in the motion and Resistor though so it's very doable.

Barely longer and Zones aren't terribly OS either.

they have said they could dial in the dome in plasma discs, so maybe that leads to a plh drop as well.

I remember seeing pictures of some of the "metallic" proto plasma discs with consistently lower plh.

This is not a "wish list" disc really but I will be grabbing another Atom soon.

I normally don't throw any MVP and I tried the Atom AND I can actually use this disc. Good off the tee, and great for approach shots. The Atom made my bag after a few afternoons in the yard and a few trips to the course.

I have to decide to go soft again or bump up and try the regular version...???

I'm going to take back my previous request of an MVP "Teebird" and go for something more universally useful.

I want Proton to be produced in better colors. I understand that there is a premium on the bright colors of Eclipse molds but Axiom uses them and they're SOOOO much more visible than the stock Proton colors. I'd love to get that hot pink proton with a black rim. THAT would be my ultimate wish at this point. I bag many of their molds in Neutron, not only because they have all their molds in that plastic, but because it is more visible.

I bought a purple proton Tangent from a friend. Thought it looked great until I threw it in the shade. Damn thing all but disappears.

I bought a purple proton Tangent from a friend. Thought it looked great until I threw it in the shade. Damn thing all but disappears.

I would agree. I love that Craves are available in eye popping colors bc they're such great discs. I'd love the same thing for Teslas. This fact almost guarantees that I give Axiom's stable 10 speed a thorough testing.

Yeah colors are whatever really but I do think newest proton can be much brighter than most of the clear early stuff. The MVP Inertia release was the first time it seemed they had some extra pop in proton.

RE: SeanJ's post I think that's a big part of the plasma plastic. Domey, slightly lower PLH drivers like is the case with teslas/volts ive thrown from the prototype runs.

Innova and Discraft give different numbers to the same molds in different plastic. Hell, the XL has at least 4 different numbers.

But the question was about offering different PLH for a single mold, which I wouldn't think they'd be able to control like that.

But the question was about offering different PLH for a single mold, which I wouldn't think they'd be able to control like that.

I think that is what is actually going on. Not on purpose mind you, but it still shows up on the chart for various molds, Champ to Star. Don't even get me started on Dx. Have you laid a Dx beast on a flat surface lately? :lol:

Latest posts