• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the most understable disc you regularly use?

Golfed with wham-o for years. That taught flip control. By today's standards nothing is flippy compaired.
Star Vulcan, Champ Mamba, Archangel, Jade, old ROC, Omega super soft putter. A Flash is my OS Driver.

Golfed with wham-o for years. That taught flip control. By today's standards nothing is flippy compaired.
Star Vulcan, Champ Mamba, Archangel, Jade, old ROC, Omega super soft putter. A Flash is my OS Driver.

id wager your form is ****ed up from throwing whamos all those years

That's awesome lol.

Tursas for sure.... Nuke SS shows up from time to time in driver rotation depending on how weak I am.

Tursas. I have a pa4 I use very now and then, but the Turs actually gets used pretty regularly. Turn smoother than butter.

fuse, sidewinder, diamond, most people would say my bag is pretty flippy.
still looking for a dependable wind disc that isn't too much effort to throw. echo destroyers are the closest thing so far for me.

Understable putter: beat RPro Dart
Understable driver: GStar Eagle-L
I don't throw any extremely understable discs most of the time, since the E-L can cover most turnover shots I need, and I can anhyzer anything else.

First run Volt. Awesome for me as a lefty. Wish they would make that mold again under a new name, so fun to throw

Longer distances would be maximizer. The maximizer is hyzer flip machine for smaller arms. The only disc I can get that right turn similar to Kodachrome describing pole cat. Hyzer flip to flat and just when you think it's getting ready to stall it starts working to the right. (300 ft is long turning shot for me) for shorter right turning shots , I like my stingray with around 250 ft being the happy distance for easy and controlled turn overs.

I figured I'd just ask this question here instead of starting a new thread:

Why are understable discs generally preferred for rollers? Is it just that they're easier to turn over into a roll, or is the profile of the disc actually advantageous for rolling somehow once the disc is on the ground? Will all discs tend to roll to their right for a RHBH throw?

I noticed that Mike C has a video of his backhand roller analysis where he states that he prefers stable to overstable discs due to his extreme anhyzer release angle.

I think you hit a god point that MikeC can do extreme anhyzer releases. Not many can do that. So its easier for me to release something flat or slight anyhyzer and have the disc do the rest of the work and turn into a roller. Finishing right of left will depend on a number of things including disc speed, angle it hits the ground, any bumps, wind etc..

Latest posts