• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

this:

264691_169050923161764_100001705729482_424537_3207471_n.jpg

2006 2nd First Run Buzzz :hfive:

I used to be a KC Roc lover. Now I'm digging Dx Flat Top Rocs. I can push them to 300-310 and I am accurate as well. Definitely my number 1 for the time being.

If I must pick one... Star Stingray. If not over-powered it will go straight with a little fade at the end. And if thrown with a little Anhyzer or with more power it's going right. (RHBH) Of course, if there's a hard left turning hole, I'm pretty much out of luck unless I spike it!

But I wouldn't be happy if my bag didn't also have a couple DX Stingrays, an ESP Buzzz, a Star SM Roc and an ESP (Ace Race) Hornet in that order of stability, with the Star Stingray falling between the DX Stingrays and the Buzzz.

Last edited:
ESP Hornets. I buy them whenever I can find them. Found a few at the Dynamic Discs tent at the Worlds and bought a bunch. And as for why; They just do everything I need 'em to do. I trust that disc.

Emac Truth! I've played with so many midranges in my time, but I feel this disc does everything I want it to.

Currently to do the midrange distance it is the Shark 3 Champion at 175 grams. The Shark in Star and old Pro at 175 grams also in bag works better for me as the approach disc past 35-37 feet to almost 70 feet out as well as the driving putter slot and emergency windy day putter. Why, I had the Shark in the bag and I felt the Shark 3 was a complement to the Shark I was using as not a midrange disc but rather a multi-use disc. I was before using a DX Stingray for midrange but the disc was not what I was looking for as I can't power up the disc without it turning and burning as well as having the disc get taking by the wind when I am tying to use it and not power the disc to not turn and burn.

Emac Truth! I've played with so many midranges in my time, but I feel this disc does everything I want it to.

Yes! Although I've got a Biofuzion Verdict that is slowly beating into the stability of a fresh Emac. Not sure what I'll do once it gets there, since I love my Lucid Emac(s) and my Verdict.

So I guess my favorite mid would be either a fresh Emac or a well loved Verdict.

Currently to do the midrange distance it is the Shark 3 Champion at 175 grams. The Shark in Star and old Pro at 175 grams also in bag works better for me as the approach disc past 35-37 feet to almost 70 feet out as well as the driving putter slot and emergency windy day putter. Why, I had the Shark in the bag and I felt the Shark 3 was a complement to the Shark I was using as not a midrange disc but rather a multi-use disc. I was before using a DX Stingray for midrange but the disc was not what I was looking for as I can't power up the disc without it turning and burning as well as having the disc get taking by the wind when I am tying to use it and not power the disc to not turn and burn.

The Shark 3 champion is so stright that angles can be easily put on the disc if need be unlike other midrange. The Shark has a bit more glide so it is a putter like midrange, this makes the Shark good for the true approach shot rather then midrange though the Shark can also be put on angles though it is a tad bit more OS then from a Shark 3 due to the premium plastic type the two molds of discs come in.

It's funny. This thread was alive for 2-3 weeks over 7 years ago and comes back with a putt & approach disc instead of a midrange. I should start a new thread on the rhyme or reason behind necrobumps.

At any rate, my favorite mid is definitely the Buzzz, and it's because of the versatility. It's a long but controllable mid that works for hyzers, flexes, and straight shots, both forehand and backhand. Feels good too.

Now I'm a little curious how many mids have been approved since October 2011. Unfortunately, neither the MD3 nor the Archer nor Buzzz SS are my favorite mid.

It's funny. This thread was alive for 2-3 weeks over 7 years ago and comes back with a putt & approach disc....

I love my Proxy and Envy so much I don't even throw mids anymore. Proxy acts more as a mid and I mainly putt with Envies.

If I were to pick a true mid I would say the Theory.

It's funny. This thread was alive for 2-3 weeks over 7 years ago and comes back with a putt & approach disc instead of a midrange. I should start a new thread on the rhyme or reason behind necrobumps.

At any rate, my favorite mid is definitely the Buzzz, and it's because of the versatility. It's a long but controllable mid that works for hyzers, flexes, and straight shots, both forehand and backhand. Feels good too.

Now I'm a little curious how many mids have been approved since October 2011. Unfortunately, neither the MD3 nor the Archer nor Buzzz SS are my favorite mid.

Archer is in the Fairway category just like the Stratus.

Latest posts