• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your plastic preference?

Star for drivers because of grip/durability

I prefer CE plastic for grip/durability, just a bit ahead of Star which I also throw
Putters - not-to-floppy SS plastic
Less favored, but I also throw some Z/FLX

My bag is mainly pro...one champ driver one Z driver and to Z mids..no baseline plastic at all. I do have a DX shark that hasnt made it in the yet.

Threw my Elite Z Discraft Stalker ($15) into a tree today. Hard. No worse for wear. DX ($8-10) would not have fared so well. Still not ready to switch out all my base line for primo, but that does make a good showing for the higher end stuff, even if I a comparing two different brands.

Omega ss for all my putters. That is driving, approaching and putting. ESP/Z for mids. ESP not for plastic feel but flight and glide(comet and hornet are my esp's). Drivers are predominately champ as it is more stable.

I prefer Star and Champ in drivers and mids excluding the leopard. I love the Pro leopard. I us R-Pro putters.

for me its:
Putters: baseline (sss-ss wizards stiff but grippy)
everything else: Z/ Champ for the most part with 1 mid in elite X, 1 driver in pro, and 1 driver in star

I carry an assortment of discs. I use star teebirds, champion sidewinders, ESP avengers, pro d crush, elite z wasp ESP meteor and buzz. Putter is a r pro Aviar. For my water hole discs I use a beat to snot DX beast, won't cry when I lose it because they are cheap to replace. When buying new plastic I prefer to go the star/ESP route. I just like them better over elite z and champion. Don't know why I just do.

Base for my putters but I would like a ss warlock. Z and ESP for everything else. Although it mite be be opto n gold soon. I have an opto river and it's pure sex. Wanna try the whole lat64 line up now.

putters: organic wizards. softer side.

driving putters: evo wizards and pro d zones

mids: pro d buzzz, z buzzz and old z wasps

drivers: mix of old grippy champ, worn star plastic and maybe a beat pro leopard

My preferences --
Putters: Soft (I use a 3x JK Aviar-x, it doesn't even have a bead anymore)
Everything else: CE/Champion/Pro Line Candy

My favorite plastic is very shot/weather specific, but I carry:

Opto, GL, DX, Champ, FLX, D, Proton

Generally ESP & Star are my favorites especially while its cold. I just got an FLX Buzzz this past weekend and I'm digging it in the cold. I'll go back to an ESP or Z Buzzz once it warms up. My putter is a Wizard its SSS.

I love the feel of old school Champ roc plastic....the '01 CE Roc, the 4X Kenny, the 2005 ZD Roc, etc..anything made after 2005 feels like cheaper plastic...I also love GL plastic, the old grippy DX plastic as well as Z plastic.

When it comes to putters I love the soft Ion plastic...it's grippy and very soft...the medium proton plastic of the Anode also feels good.

Latest posts