• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which company should make a lid?

Which company should make a lid?

• ABC Discs

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Crosslap

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Discmania

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • DGA

• Dynamic Discs

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Gateway

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • Legacy

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Millennium

• MVP

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Prodiscus

• Vibram

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Westside

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Other (make a post)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
I just want to see the existing lids in premium plastic! I'd love a cryztal flx Rattler something fierce!

I voted MVP because they have the best chance of putting out some special, not just a lid with different plastic. Also, I would like it to be big enough for superclass, heck make it conform to the specs. for Ultimate.

Condors aren't lids, are they?

Going by the diameter (24.1), max weight (200g), and description (Best disc for accuracy contests. Great as a throw and catch disc or to introduce catch disc players to the game.) I guess I made an ass out of 'u' and 'me'.

Are they not considered lids?

I was thinking lids were only things like birdies that are just flat rims with no slant (no beveled rims? i dunno what that word means but I've seen it thrown around).

Any lid throwers want to weigh in?

A lid is basically a miniature frisbee. They fly slow and glidey like a frisbee. One of the most popular molds would be a Discraft Rattler.

And Blizzard Condors.

Condors aren't lids, are they?

Going by the diameter (24.1), max weight (200g), and description (Best disc for accuracy contests. Great as a throw and catch disc or to introduce catch disc players to the game.) I guess I made an ass out of 'u' and 'me'.

Are they not considered lids?

I was thinking lids were only things like birdies that are just flat rims with no slant (no beveled rims? i dunno what that word means but I've seen it thrown around).

Any lid throwers want to weigh in?
Yes, a "lid" is a disc with no bevel. A Condor is a beveled disc (looks like a huge Gator more or less) so it is not a lid. It's a very common mistake to include them. Zephyr=lid; Condor=not a lid.

I already emailed Stevie Rico. He basically said theyre busy, but do have many options open to them. But they havent spoken to the right people.
I say we light a fire under them. Refer to step three:

Three Putt is always right said:
Step three: If any truth exists, everybody flood the Rico's inbox until they give us Super Puppies.