• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

who is sick of "frolf punks" ruining "disc golfers" reputations?

Of course like the rest of you I am upset with their behavior because it affects everyone else on the course in many ways. The only solution that I know of is pay to play.

Perhaps we need to be building courses just for them!
6fe8c8cb.jpg

yeah, I was seriously injured in a folfing accident. Serious accident.

In our case, we are in the pre-frolfer stage. Non disc golfing D'bags that are finding out that the sport exists, and just being destructive for the sake of being destructive. I've already fished the #14 sign out of a creek and replaced it. And someone who has tool knowledge, has unbolted a couple of baskets and twisted the chains up at our Loris course. I keep forgetting to take tools with me to fix it. It's only a 50 mile drive from my place. :rolleyes: I can't say it's really that bad, except for occasional teenager driving by yelling "LOSER!". ...as they speed up and drive away. Only happened once, but it was during an introducing the sport to the community event. How is it some D'bags have unplanned perfect timing. That's like losing a war of wits to an unarmed fool!

make the vandals pay

my home course, chestnutt ridge dgc, Orchard Park NY, is probably the most played course in NY state. Even though we have one of the largest DG leagues in the country who vigorously maintain our courses, groups of immature punks have ravaged the course year after year. Drawing and tagging all the tops of baskets, stealing and vandalizing tee signs, removing tee markers, littering beercans and trash all over, dumping cans, breaking trees, breaking bridges, and yes... best of all, threw a picnic table down a 30' gorge into the creek. All of this with a friggin Sherriff Headquarters in the park!! The bottom line is you cant have anything in this world in the puplic without the small percentage of A$$HOLES who dont appreciate anything, ruining it for everyone. These degenerates need to be weeded out, caught and punished. We would all see it come to an abrupt halt if just a couple of these idiots in each of our towns were made an example of by the courts.

Seth, we primarily play at Lum man. Brainerd is a white trash town what do you expect? If there were more serious players like you and I, I'm sure the frolf punks would get their act together. Out of my handful of discs lost at Lum only two have been returned. Shows how classy people are.

We would all see it come to an abrupt halt if just a couple of these idiots in each of our towns were made an example of by the courts.

Mount a camouflaged video cam about 30' up in a tree, focused on a problem area. Next time there's damage, send the video to the sheriff's department. Pricey, but if you're getting damage every few days, this would be one way to identify and make an example of a couple of frolf punks.

Mount a camouflaged video cam about 30' up in a tree, focused on a problem area. Next time there's damage, send the video to the sheriff's department. Pricey, but if you're getting damage every few days, this would be one way to identify and make an example of a couple of frolf punks.

I agree, disc golf needs more police presence. On the other hand why not kill all teens that misbehave then we wouldn't need a planet.

my home course, chestnutt ridge dgc, Orchard Park NY, is probably the most played course in NY state. Even though we have one of the largest DG leagues in the country who vigorously maintain our courses, groups of immature punks have ravaged the course year after year. Drawing and tagging all the tops of baskets, stealing and vandalizing tee signs, removing tee markers, littering beercans and trash all over, dumping cans, breaking trees, breaking bridges, and yes... best of all, threw a picnic table down a 30' gorge into the creek. All of this with a friggin Sherriff Headquarters in the park!! The bottom line is you cant have anything in this world in the puplic without the small percentage of A$$HOLES who dont appreciate anything, ruining it for everyone. These degenerates need to be weeded out, caught and punished. We would all see it come to an abrupt halt if just a couple of these idiots in each of our towns were made an example of by the courts.

Could be a regional thing. We don't see nearly as much of that crap in my neck of the woods.

Latest posts