• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Costomer service from Dave Henrickson @ Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the extent of the conversation and you are this torqued??!!

You asked one question ("Why is it this fabric is fading?") and he answered it succinctly and politely ("Fading is inevitable - especially with the brighter color bags").

You then told him his product sucks and he asked a question in his response. Did you answer it with how he could help you?

Seems like the next step would be for you to ask for a replacement with a different color or a half off coupon for your next bag or something. Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

I'm with dave on this one, it sounds like you're trying to get stuff for free.

Was it faded when you bought it? No.
Did it fade while you used it? Yes.

How does that constitute bad customer service? If you are of the opinion that a bags color shouldn't fade that quickly, well then lesson learned and move on to another company or buy a different color bag.

If you tried that e-mail conversation with me you wouldn't get anywhere either - and people who have traded with me on this site can vouch for the fact that I'm not an ******* or a con artist...

A final nail in your immature coffin - you're bitching about the COLOR of a bag!!!! There's nothing wrong with the bag other than you think the color has faded too quickly?!? I'd be sympathetic if the bag broke after a month or so...but JHC man...go sue McDonalds for giving you a hot coffee and not saying it's hot...this is ridiculous.

Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

Should have done my homework before posting this part. You created an account last June......but you posted on one thread and created this thread and have made all your DGCR posts about this. My bad on not getting my facts straight......but I am now more convinced my conclusion is correct.

If every business person offered to freely "give away the farm" to every person coming in with poorly written and vague explanations of problems (bashing the product AND the person) and not showing any intention of working through the problems together, there would be no successful businesses anywhere.

That's why I don't by $200.00 bags. My $30.00 bag is three years old and still fine other than a broken zipper I never need to close anyway.

Agreed, I <3 Fade bags... which ironically have never faded on me :doh:

That is the extent of the conversation and you are this torqued??!!

You asked one question ("Why is it this fabric is fading?") and he answered it succinctly and politely ("Fading is inevitable - especially with the brighter color bags").

You then told him his product sucks and he asked a question in his response. Did you answer it with how he could help you?

Seems like the next step would be for you to ask for a replacement with a different color or a half off coupon for your next bag or something. Instead you create an account here and start whining/bashing online. Seems pretty immature to me, to be blunt.

Someone posted a bad experience and you are this torqued??!! Instead of commenting with anything of use you start whining/bashing online - wait, who is immature?

Expensive bags shouldn't look like crap after 6 months, and if anything, the company shouldn't shrug off a failure of their product even if it is cosmetic. They didn't care to see a pic, and don't seem concerned whatsoever, so I doubt they will ever give this flaw any more consideration. Customer service is a large part of selling any product, and if it sucks, people stop buying and the company fails.

As previous posts suggest, many companies have significantly better customer service, so whats the harm comparing them? Things will inevitably go wrong with bags and I'd love to know who will support their product and who won't.

My 11 y/o Revo bag is still going strong. I know Dave and he's an extremely good guy, I'd like to hear the other side of a few of these stories.

Revolution's response doesn't seem like horrible customer service to me. Sure he couldve been more thorough, or gone the extra mile, but he answered the question politely and that was that.

The real question is what does the OP expect for a minor cosmetic issue like this? A full refund after 6 months of use? A brand new bag after 6 months? This is a cosmetic issue, and one that could easily be the OPs fault on the side of revolution, if they opted to not believe his stated bag use. I for one would take everything the customer had to say with salt, in this case where the customer clearly appears to behave more along the lines of an a-hole as opposed to the bag company. Our country's culture leans towards the "customer is always right" but if you work customer service you know that half the time the customer is really trying to scam you or just get something for free.

A final nail in your immature coffin - you're bitching about the COLOR of a bag!!!! There's nothing wrong with the bag other than you think the color has faded too quickly?!? I'd be sympathetic if the bag broke after a month or so...but JHC man...go sue McDonalds for giving you a hot coffee and not saying it's hot...this is ridiculous.

He paid extra for that color. As a company that makes bags that are known to last for a decade or more, I'd be mad to pay extra for the color I wanted, only to have it start fading after six months (as far as I'm concerned, that's still the honeymoon). It'll only continue to fade too. Now you bought an orange bag that, within a year or two, is (or is turning) yellow. Enjoy the next 8 years with it. That's money well spent.

The golfers I know with 5+ year old Carolinas still have the same color bags. They rave about how great they are/have been. Based off their glowing reviews (I've only heard good things from golfers locally - no problems whatsoever), I considered a Revo for my first "premium" bag last year. I'm glad I bought a Gorilla Boy.

Our country's culture leans towards the "customer is always right" but if you work customer service you know that half the time the customer is really trying to scam you or just get something for free.

Words of wisdom.

Well I can't say how he handles these issues, because I've left several e-mail over the past few years, because I wanted more info on his products. Well, he has NEVER responded to my request for info.
Now I must add. His bags are some of the best made bags I've owned. Great quality, but crappy design for sure and very poor cusomer service.
I will not be buying anything from Revo again.

He paid extra for that color. As a company that makes bags that are known to last for a decade or more, I'd be mad to pay extra for the color I wanted, only to have it start fading after six months (as far as I'm concerned, that's still the honeymoon). It'll only continue to fade too. Now you bought an orange bag that, within a year or two, is (or is turning) yellow. Enjoy the next 8 years with it. That's money well spent.

The golfers I know with 5+ year old Carolinas still have the same color bags. They rave about how great they are/have been. Based off their glowing reviews (I've only heard good things from golfers locally - no problems whatsoever), I considered a Revo for my first "premium" bag last year. I'm glad I bought a Gorilla Boy.

That still doesn't justify him a) composing his e-mails in the way that he did and expecting any different response, b) trying to scam a free bag, or c) making a thread about it.

I could understand if he just came on and said "buyer beware: this is my experience" but he's blaming the company. Unless Revo has a guarantee against fading within 6 months then the company did nothing wrong.

Your post actually just convinces me that the OP treated the bag in a way that accelerated the color fading if other people have them for years with no issues.

"What would you like me to tell you?
Thanks,
-Dave"
That is not how you talk to any customer if you want continued business. Say your sorry and ask if you can do something for them. Its not like you have to give him a free bag.... Next time you order something and its wrong ask yourself if thats the answer you want to hear. Doubt it.

Wow, people must not be use to good cusomer service. It shouldn't matter if he is a flaming a$$. He should get a new bag, no if's ands or buts. When I plunk down that kind of cash, that product better be worth it. Also, why the heck are you ripping on the guy? He just wants what he paid for.

Again, what is "wrong" with the order? A used bag looks used?

My Innova straps just had one of the metal clasp break off the clip after a year and a half, should I call them and demand new ones because I would have liked them to last longer?

That's dumb logic if you say yes - used things look used, get used to it...

That was after the second email of the OP being a jerk. What is Dave supposed to do? Food over and take it? He answered the question politely and the OP drilled him with a rude email. Cmon, I bet you try to get free food in restaurants. We smile at you whiners but secretly hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts