• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
Wrath. I love MVP/Axiom, but really? A high speed driver that is one letter shy of an existing super popular high speed driver??

There have been a lot of terrible ones over the years. I dunno. I think sinus is pretty aweful, but I'm assuming that means something in another language and just translates poorly?

Salient wants to get a vein in every hand in America. Preferably in blue.

Roc. Just tired of hearing people say it. Tired of a new version of the Roc coming out every six months. Enough already.

Another would be "Claws" which was originally intended to be "Talon" until Yikun announced the disc on here, and I broke the news that Discraft already had a disc with that name :-\

Their Chinese names are fine. They are at least unique sounding. But Claws nor Talon being English words fit their theme.

The "Wing and a Prayer" from DKG Discs used to always make me laugh.

Yeah the Claw/Talon thing was weird. The three OPP discs View/wings/claws are actually okay discs but the names don't help.

Been waiting for this thread.

Kaxe

How is it pronounced? Looks like it could be "Cocks". "A little headwind on this 240" hole, you gonna pull out your Kaxe?" "It is a good disc" "You like the feel of Kaxe in your hand?" "Knock it off!"

runner ups:

Monstrum
Some sort of monster fluid? Start up naming one of their first disc very closely to an old company disc. "Hey what did you throw there?" "A monstrum" "A monster?" "No, a monSTRUM" "Huh?" "It is a disc made by.. "

Seriously? Mostly I am mad at myself for not buying a couple for trade or as novelty collectors.

Harp
It is a Harp. Not a Scary harpie, the stringed instrument.

Coupe
Car model terminology. Sadly it was not the start of a theme and no saloon, sedan, wagon, van...

why is griffin on the list? a griffin is pretty much a badass.

putt'r is pretty bad (even though i bagged one for quite a while)

Latest posts