• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
Wahoo, not the worst... IMO. And check out the cool Champion stamp if you haven't seen it already! (No need to elaborate on my acceptance of the name due to the fish, and it not saying "WooHoo.")

picture.php

To everybody hating on the name "Sinus": Do y'all know Lat 64 is a SWEDISH company? :doh:

and? You know what sinus means in Swedish? It still means sinus.

that is like saying to the people who tried selling the Chevy Nova in Mexico "Don't worry that it means Doesn't Go in your language, its an American company so it's OK"

Last edited:

that is like saying to the people who tried selling the Chevy Nova in Mexico "Don't worry that it means Doesn't Go in your language, its an American company so it's OK"

No, that's not what it means in Swedish! (you idiot!) It translates to "sine" a mathematical term used to describe the relationship between two sides of a triangle. Not a bad name for a disc at all. It seems like because some people only speak "American", they expect everyone else to only speak "American" too.

I always figured Sinus (pronounced "see nus") meant something cool in Swedish. Can anyone get a different translation that would make more sense?

The name Macana makes me laugh. Use Urban Dictionary if you don't get it. :D

I always figured Sinus (pronounced "see nus") meant something cool in Swedish. Can anyone get a different translation that would make more sense?

The name Macana makes me laugh. Use Urban Dictionary if you don't get it. :D

Did I not explain "Sinus" well enough? :wall:

No, that's not what it means in Swedish! (you idiot!) It translates to "sine" a mathematical term used to describe the relationship between two sides of a triangle. Not a bad name for a disc at all. It seems like because some people only speak "American", they expect everyone else to only speak "American" too.

1) What does trigonometry have to do with disc golf. The disc is round, the basket is round, if anything there is a tangential relationship with the disc flight, not a triangular one.

2) I don't care who speaks what language, but I don't have to buy a poorly named disc solely because it is in a different language. I like my opto saint, another poorly named disc, but at least I understand the name.

3) You want me to buy a Swedish named disc, call it the ABBA, or Greta Garbo, or Ingrid Bergman. Those names I am down with. You, sir, are the idiot.

You know someone at a meeting to name a new disc has suggested Jules' wallet in Pulp Fiction. Still, it probably wouldn't make this list.

1) What does trigonometry have to do with disc golf. The disc is round, the basket is round, if anything there is a tangential relationship with the disc flight, not a triangular one.

Triangular... circlular.. they are very related!

uppkwr9%20-%20imgur.gif

at first I thought 420 was referring to distance then I figured it out.

Also. There are 3 different texture zones on top of the sinus, if you drew a line between them it'd be a triangle...

Latest posts