• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
But if you speak latin it is gibberish nonsense.

I agree. Latin is gibberish nonsense. You'd think the conjugations would be hard enough to drive a student batty, but then you get sentences like Dulce et decorum est. Est what?? Apparently there is enough packed into the connotation of those four words to complete a thought for a Latin speaker, but damn. At least that's what a friend who speaks Latin claims. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Last edited:
I still think "Tern" is dumb...I just don't like it. But I do like the disc and I throw them a lot.

I still think "Tern" is dumb...I just don't like it. But I do like the disc and I throw them a lot.

It's a bird in the animal theme, and describes the disc pretty well. I thought it was pretty smart myself :)

It's a bird in the animal theme, and describes the disc pretty well. I thought it was pretty smart myself :)

Yeah I get what it is and how it fits in....I just don't like it because it seems gimmicky to me. At the end of the day, I could care less about what anything is named tho. Just throw the discs you like and that's all that matters. :D

Tern is not bad

Like you can tell someone you're throwing a tern and it sounds okay. Telling someone that you bag a proxy sounds waaaay dumber.

The wolf isn't a bad disc.

HMib4HH.gif

Never even heard of several of these.

I voted Apple just because it seemed to make even less sense, and sounds lamer, than others.

Or is it named after Newton and his "discovery" of gravity? I didn't look, but if it has very little glide, it kind of makes sense.

The Whale used to confuse the heck out of me. Back when the Wraith came out, a lot of the folks I played with called it the 'whale'. It took me a bit to realize that there actually was a Whale in production (not just a derogatory name for my sweet, sweet wraiths).

I voted Apple just because their phones are ghetto. 2 strokes off if you chuck yours in the trash can on the way out of the park :)

Jack the Ripper. I gather that it's a weed reference, but even aside from that naming a disc after a serial killer is in very poor taste. I don't like Discmania's names for much the same reason.

But Sinus is pretty bad. It's hard to out-terrible that one. Although it'd be kinda cool-weird to make a theme out of it. Sinus, Adenoid, Tonsil, Pharynx, Epiglottis.