• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
the Apple was a catch disc, not a golf disc. So it really doesn't count other than it was made by a disc golf manufacturer (and sent in for APProvLE).

If they bring it back un GStar I'll play golf with it.

I also think Stalker is a terrible name for a disc. One of the worst things I have ever witnessed in dg was the Stalker was given out in a players pack at a sanctioned tournament where the proceeds from the event went to an organization that protects and advocates for abused and assaulted women. The TD and manufacturer must not have seen the name of the disc being disrespectful which polarizes bigger issues in the sport.

I'd guess Sarah demar was involved in organizing/promoting this event? I heard her reasoning behind naming the disc, and the story reflects those issues. I could see her telling the story, giving out the disc in a players pack and donating funds to the organization.

Or I could be way off and it was run by some bigoted idiot...

Dynamic Discs... all of them. Cheesy "rebellious" and law related names. Felon, Witness, Fugitive, Thief, Enforcer, Trespass, Freedom, etc.. :gross:

For the most part, discs are named with a theme in mind. For instance, Innova has discs named after snakes: Viper, Cobra/King Cobra, Sidewinder, Krait, Mamba. Discraft has the Buzzz, Drone, Wasp and Hornet. How they name them, who knows?

But in my opinion, the Sinus, pronounced See-nus, sounds like something related to the nose and probably not a good name for a disc.

For me, it's the Stiletto. I mean c'mon, a ladies shoe? I know they meant the dagger but it still sounds terrible. Especially for something so OS :wall:

I didn't see the 420 until after I voted though, as I would have picked that. Disc golf is supposed to work towards becoming a well known sport and stuff like that is certainly not helping. I will never throw Vibram again.

I voted Sinus, because it just really doesn't fill me with the feeling of an overstable putter to think about my sinus passages.

But maybe there is some reason this makes sense to a Scandinavian.

420 is funny to me. But I'm not too concerned with DG trying to maintain a drug-free image. Kind of feel like we should flaunt it instead. But it really doesn't matter to me either way. Kind of how I feel about judging a person - doesn't matter what they are smoking as long as they are good people.

Last edited:
For me, it's the Stiletto. I mean c'mon, a ladies shoe? I know they meant the dagger but it still sounds terrible. Especially for something so OS :wall:

I didn't see the 420 until after I voted though, as I would have picked that. Disc golf is supposed to work towards becoming a well known sport and stuff like that is certainly not helping. I will never throw Vibram again.

forgot about the stiletto. Also would have voted 420 if ihad seen it.

I ended up voting sinus. Innova and Discraft tend to have decent names that I don't mind and decent logos but when I think of sinus or virus, I just think of snot, clogged nasal passages, headaches, tissue-burn, etc. There is nothing about that that makes me want to buy any of those discs.

I'm thinking of wrestling maneuvers. Discs should include: Rock Bottom, Stone Cold Stunner, Pedigree, Flying Elbow, Lariat, Shooting Star Press, Chokeslam, Lou Thesz Press, Bionic Elbow, Full Nelson, Piledriver, Head Butt, Bear Hug, DDT, Brainbuster, Enziguri, Fireman's Carry, Hip Toss, Powerslam, Figure 4 Leg Lock, Attitude Adjuster, Diamond Cutter/RKO, Doomsday Device, Spear, Unprettier, Sharpshooter to name a few.

I'm thinking of wrestling maneuvers. Discs should include: Rock Bottom, Stone Cold Stunner, Pedigree, Flying Elbow, Lariat, Shooting Star Press, Chokeslam, Lou Thesz Press, Bionic Elbow, Full Nelson, Piledriver, Head Butt, Bear Hug, DDT, Brainbuster, Enziguri, Fireman's Carry, Hip Toss, Powerslam, Figure 4 Leg Lock, Attitude Adjuster, Diamond Cutter/RKO, Doomsday Device, Spear, Unprettier, Sharpshooter to name a few.

Yes! Or basic moves like "Hip Toss, Vertical Suplex, Arm Drag, Irish Whip, Drop Toe Hold, Kick To Groin" etc

One down, a few dozen to go...

71DRiBC3JxL._SX355_.jpg

I think a good disc naming scheme would be weaponry from fantasy games. Names like "Honor's Razor, Adamantite Warblade of Decapitation", " Decimation, Megablade of the Uncaged Mind", "Armageddon, Slayer of the Damned", "Draughtbane, Venom Reaver of Silence", " Hell's Scream, Rapier of Echoes", "The Facelifter, Vengeance of the Basilisk" etc. Sure to be a hit with nerds (MVP/Axiom fanboys)

Last edited:
Going out on a limb here -

If I were to start DG mfg. I would name molds after sephiroth on the tree of life, esp. since the names could also correspond to their speed and flight path (OS are in the pillar of severity and US would be on the pillar of mercy, fastest discs closest to Kether. Neutral discs on the middle pillar.)

The company would be Ritual Disc Golf.

There have been a lot of stupid names over the years, but the Sinus will probably always stick out as the worst to me. Virus is bad, Fireball is bad, VRoc is terrible, but they are new, I haven't seen them on shelves, looking absolutely ridiculous yet.