• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for all you MVP lovers

Ive noticed that my green Proton Tangent gets really soft when i play on a hot day(90+). My other discs get temperature hot but dont flex nearly as much as this disc. Now, do i have a rare run of disc here or can i expect that from every MVP disc?

on a side note ive never noticed a change in its flight path when it gets this hot but i hate flex plastic.

All MVP discs get softer on hot days. All MVP discs also become more stiff in the winter time. At least from my experience. I love the soft volt.. Great disc, of course that was in Neutron.

Something that got as soft as my Tangent would normally end up on my wall as decoration but damn the Tangent flies so freaking good. It's kinda replacing a lot of shots I would take with the Buzzz....

haha, i felt the same about my axis, so i took it out of the bag and just use a beat to crap vector in its place that works even better and then a slightly beat vector that covers the spots between that and my Tensor.

I miss the axis every now and then because it is such an amazing disc, but i get by just fine with the tangent in its place. I find the tangent does straight very easy and holds anny lines much longer :) although, the axis did LONG straight lines a little better, where the tangent will want to turn when i crank it.. but that's when i pull out the beat vector and it does the same as the axis but less touchy.

The Eclipse Orange Tangent is my go-to for neutral/straight

I find my flattened neutron tangent to be developing a nice turn, but its not always enough.. sometimes i need to add some height and forced anny on release to get it to do what i want.

MVP please release a truly under-stable turn over midrange!

Question for all you MVP lovers

Ive noticed that my green Proton Tangent gets really soft when i play on a hot day(90+). My other discs get temperature hot but dont flex nearly as much as this disc. Now, do i have a rare run of disc here or can i expect that from every MVP disc?

on a side note ive never noticed a change in its flight path when it gets this hot but i hate flex plastic.

There is really a simple reason for this...MVP's goal is to make their cores as light as possible so they can put as much weight as they can in the overmold. This includes making their flightplates as thin as possible. Thin flightplates = softer in warm temps. At least that's my best theory.

Got to throw my first MVP driver today and damn...not what I was expecting. I didn't really care for the feel in my hand, but leaving my hand felt so clean and had a beautiful line out of the box with Neutron Volt. Very impressed!

I wanted to say a big Thank you to Johnny Depth. I was complaining about my flat Axis on here and he mentioned he had one with more dome. He doesn't know me at all but sent me his Axis to test out and potentially trade.

That's just a cool move.

It was random luck that the next day at my shop I found a super domey pink Axis. So, I'll be sending his disc back but I just wanted to say Thank publicly for trying to spread the MVP love and helping out another disc golfer.

Johnny Depth is a good dude once you figure out that he isnt a mean and nasty trollster! He makes the DGCR a better place!

Johnny Depth is a good dude once you figure out that he isnt a mean and nasty trollster! He makes the DGCR a better place!

this is not true, i bombed a 478.5' shot at the local niner. it overshot the basket (450') and landed next to a tee pad where "good guy" johnny depth was standing. he picked up my tangent and said "I shall name you Jasper" and then he put it in his stupid briefcase. i wanted to chase after him but i had to get home and give my cat its insulin shot.. johnny depth is heartless. :(

Practicing at Lemon Lake for Pro Worlds (Grandmaster). Parked twice at Red #16 with orange Amp after whizzing past couple of trees by hair :) Loving my Amps, Volts and the mids. Cannot wait for Proton Amps.

this is not true, i bombed a 478.5' shot at the local niner. it overshot the basket (450') and landed next to a tee pad where "good guy" johnny depth was standing. he picked up my tangent and said "I shall name you Jasper" and then he put it in his stupid briefcase. i wanted to chase after him but i had to get home and give my cat its insulin shot.. johnny depth is heartless. :(

Sounds like you mistreated Jasper, and JD just gave him the home he deserved!

Tangents don't like going over 400 feet, everyone knows that!

Practicing at Lemon Lake for Pro Worlds (Grandmaster). Parked twice at Red #16 with orange Amp after whizzing past couple of trees by hair :) Loving my Amps, Volts and the mids. Cannot wait for Proton Amps.

I feel like a proton amp will just be a nuetron volt

Just ordered 2 new Neutron Volts and a first run axis. I can't get enough of the Volts flight path. So straight and true. Also, I don't think the Proton Amps will be Neutron Volts, because Proton Volts aren't Neutron Shocks.

I think the space between the amp and volt is much smaller than the volt and the shock, but I may be way off.

Also, I like the proton plastic, so the three drivers in proton would be a fine choice. I just don't think the proton amp is nearly as exciting as the proton volt release was. In fact, they could skip the rest of the protons and hit us with a distance driver first and I don't think it would hurt anything.

Last edited:
I do agree that I could go without the other fairway driver proton releases. The shock is going to be beefy as **** though. The new proton grips beautifully. Almost as good as neutron.

i think they will be able to make the amp however they see fit. id guess a tic higher plh like the protron volt. more stable. there is enough room in there.

I think the space between the amp and volt is much smaller than the volt and the shock, but I may be way off.

Also, I like the proton plastic, so the three drivers in proton would be a fine choice. I just don't think the proton amp is nearly as exciting as the proton volt release was. In fact, they could skip the rest of the protons and hit us with a distance driver first and I don't think it would hurt anything.

I am most excited for the Amp because the Volt disappointed me. The shock would be cool too though. I think we all just want more MVP regardless of what it is.

Not sure how your throw would compare to mine, but for me there is a HUGE gap stability-wise between the amp and volt. I'm looking forward to the proton amp.

Not sure how your throw would compare to mine, but for me there is a HUGE gap stability-wise between the amp and volt. I'm looking forward to the proton amp.

I have a pretty beat n volt that likes to flip a lot, and don't consider it that far off from my amp. I am not sure that a p amp would really find a place in my bag. My p volt really fits nicely though. It is more what I wanted the volt to be from the beginning.

i think they will be able to make the amp however they see fit. id guess a tic higher plh like the protron volt. more stable. there is enough room in there.

I talked to the guys about this as soon as I started enjoying the P Volt. I opined/urged them to keep the PLH low/with decent dome to keep the Amp understable and as different as possible from the Volt. Perhaps the Proton Amp will be more understable.

I talked to the guys about this as soon as I started enjoying the P Volt. I opined/urged them to keep the PLH low/with decent dome to keep the Amp understable and as different as possible from the Volt. Perhaps the Proton Amp will be more understable.

This would be nice. A more understable amp would be a very useful disc!

Status
Not open for further replies.