• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANNOUNCEMENT: I would just like to state for the record that the only disc I am waiting for to complete my life is a Proton Tensor that is tick more OS as per Proton Volt.

That is all. Thank-you.

Hopefully they came out super flat like the last pair of Neutrons I ordered. Those feel so nice in my hands.

Reading through the "straightest fairway driver" thread I realized that none of MVP's drivers have the total straightness of discs like the Tangent/Anode/Axis...This is probably because they are a tick too fast. I really would like to see a slower MVP fairway that was the straightest fairway driver ever. We all know this would be pretty easy for them.

Reading through the "straightest fairway driver" thread I realized that none of MVP's drivers have the total straightness of discs like the Tangent/Anode/Axis...This is probably because they are a tick too fast. I really would like to see a slower MVP fairway that was the straightest fairway driver ever. We all know this would be pretty easy for them.
a "true fairway speed would be amazing. ill take a leopard killer from MVP please!!

This is what I find so funny about the constant search for "a faster Teebird". I've never understood why anyone would want a faster Teebird. Once a disc is made faster, it starts to lose the straight flying quality that makes a Teebird so good.

This is what I find so funny about the constant search for "a faster Teebird". I've never understood why anyone would want a faster Teebird. Once a disc is made faster, it starts to lose the straight flying quality that makes a Teebird so good.

Exactly and this is why I don't throw Volts. They're great discs, but they're not replacements for my Teebirds (not that I'm looking for that anyway). They'd be replacements for my OLFs, and until I run out of those, there's no reason to throw Volts for me.

In general, I don't get why you'd even look for a replacement for a disc that you love. If you love TBs, why are you on the hunt for a TB made by another manufacturer? Unless you just want to buy new plastic, which is fine too I guess, but it's not going to help your game much.

which TB are we talking about? I still have yet to find one that is as straight as everyone here claims them to be.. any one I have ever thrown have that little bit of low speed fade and some are straight beefy. So comparing any disc to a teebird you are getting like 4 different stability comparisions specially when you start talking about 11x/10x/9x and plastics etc. and why Ill take a volt any day off the shelf over any TB.

Teebirds might be the most over-hyped disc in DGCR history next to of course the buzzz, roc, and comet.

Damn, you dumb.

^this right here.

DX teebird was one of the first discs I owned.. it was fine but nothing special by any means-- we parted ways and I found this site only to be basically required to buy a teebird, buzzz, roc or might as well not even try posting.

So I get these 3 discs and the buzzz I will give some credit to but the tourney run champ tb flew so overstable I thought it was the wrong disc only to get a stock stamped one new from the shelf which had the same crazy fade-- yeah they are straight in regards to the 0 HSS turn like MANY MANY OTHER DISCS ON THE MARKET but they do not just magically keep going straight with no fade unless seasoned perfectly and is the case for any very HSS mold which keep their initial HSS but lose the fade.. I have yet to ever throw any disc in the fairway speed which actually flies 100% straight and I am not even sure physics make that possible.

Like I said-- Ill take my volts all day off the shelf than trying to replace a go-to run of some teebird.

^this right here.

DX teebird was one of the first discs I owned.. it was fine but nothing special by any means-- we parted ways and I found this site only to be basically required to buy a teebird, buzzz, roc or might as well not even try posting.

So I get these 3 discs and the buzzz I will give some credit to but the tourney run champ tb flew so overstable I thought it was the wrong disc only to get a stock stamped one new from the shelf which had the same crazy fade-- yeah they are straight in regards to the 0 HSS turn like MANY MANY OTHER DISCS ON THE MARKET but they do not just magically keep going straight with no fade unless seasoned perfectly and is the case for any very HSS mold which keep their initial HSS but lose the fade.. I have yet to ever throw any disc in the fairway speed which actually flies 100% straight and I am not even sure physics make that possible.

Like I said-- Ill take my volts all day off the shelf than trying to replace a go-to run of some teebird.

Yeah no disc is 100% straight, and neither is a TB. There are different kinds of straight for different circumstances, and TBs in different stages of wear or different plastics can do all of them very very well. That is why it is an extremely versatile mold.

Sounds to me like you had expectations that the TB didn't fulfill, but that's not the TB's fault, nor would it be the Buzzz or Comet's fault. Those were your expectations, and you own them. If you come to a mold looking for something in particular instead of seeing what that mold actually has to offer, you are more likely to reject the mold for that one thing you were looking for and didn't get, meanwhile the disc has more to offer that you don't know because you never gave it enough of a chance.

Also, every disc has variations. Even the Volt, which seems to be very different in N vs P plastic. And every manufacturer has inconsistencies: I have a domey Volt, and I've seen plenty of flat ones. Inconsistencies exist in manufacturing, so learn to embrace it and look for the ones that will give you the flight you're looking for: that's part of the game.

In the end, if you're happy with Volts, then have at them. But don't trash some of the most respected molds in the game because you tried them and didn't like them. At least respect the opinions of the many seasoned disc golfers who revere them.

Every teebird I've thrown has been straight unicorn glitter magic sex fairy dust out of my hand. I don't even want to wash off the residue after throwing one.

you just proved my points-- not trashing at all.

Its just a disc is my point and there are many like it. Not saying the volt is a better TB b/c there is no such thing. I'd have no problem throwing them either its just a matter of finding the "right" one and the consistency in that run as well as a few others of innova molds is something that cannot be compared to any other manufacture on the market. Between TB's and Roc variations alone you have as many discs as MVP as in their whole line up. I don't want to search through all that for a disc which is not even straight like everyone claims it to be.

I'm just living in reality-- there is nothing special about the TB anymore. In its day and age it was the "thing" but times are a changing. Before all the buzzz clones you never heard ANYONE suggest any other disc on here, same with the TB.. now you get responses which range from my beloved volt to rivers, Saints, Patriots etc.. What makes these discs any less as great as the TB which was changed a million times?

you just proved my points-- not trashing at all.

Its just a disc is my point and there are many like it. Not saying the volt is a better TB b/c there is no such thing. I'd have no problem throwing them either its just a matter of finding the "right" one and the consistency in that run as well as a few others of innova molds is something that cannot be compared to any other manufacture on the market. Between TB's and Roc variations alone you have as many discs as MVP as in their whole line up. I don't want to search through all that for a disc which is not even straight like everyone claims it to be.

I'm just living in reality-- there is nothing special about the TB anymore. In its day and age it was the "thing" but times are a changing. Before all the buzzz clones you never heard ANYONE suggest any other disc on here, same with the TB.. now you get responses which range from my beloved volt to rivers, Saints, Patriots etc.. What makes these discs any less as great as the TB which was changed a million times?

Teebirds are a classic mold, and one of the best in my opinion. Of course there are other options now, and of course that is great. I could really care less about what anybody else throws. The fact is that skill is far more important than whatever disc you're throwing anyway.

Throw whatever you want; there is no reason you have to throw a TB when you prefer to throw a Saint or Volt or PD or Rival or whatever. But you're still going to get a ton of people recommending the Teebird and talking about them: why? because there is a huge user base for this mold that probably rivals the entire user base of all of MVP's drivers combined (dare I say, all MVP discs combined...).

And the different flavors of Teebird are mostly overblown anyway, but they do exist, which is why I can throw an OS TB, a straight TB, a straight with fade TB, and a bomber 150 class TB that's one of my longest discs and goes as far as a distance driver for me. If that's not your style, that's cool, but other people like it.

Oh and I'll say it again: there's no such thing as entirely consistent manufacturing, and picking discs is part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.